PDA

View Full Version : Earthquakes

Sirrahsim
10-25-2004, 07:13 AM
Anyone live in an area with lots of quakes? This past weekend has been particularly active. The center of the biggest ones was on the west side of Honshu (the big Island) and I'm towards the east side of the island, but we still felt it enough to knock the pictures that were up on our walls off center. I was telling my hubby yesterday that these quakes had better stop! We live fairly close to a rather large volcano... earthquakes have a tendency to make volcanes grumpy:eek: :eek: Anywho, this is kind of a pointless thread, but there have been at least 7 or 8 noticable quakes in the last few days, so it's fairly big news.
:)

DJFyrewolf36
10-25-2004, 09:28 AM
We sometimes get lots of Quakes here. A fault line runs right through the middle of town (an offshoot of the San Andreas fault I think) so when things grumble they grumble LOUD! Haven't had a big one in a while though *Knock on wood!*

AmberLee
10-25-2004, 02:51 PM
I live a little south of San Francisco where the peninsula meets the mainland -- tons of faults all over. I don't mind the little ones -- my theory/experience is that the little ones release pressure instead of building up towards the big ones. (THOSE are UGLY!!! Eek. :eek: ) You'll be in my prayers. They are hard on the nerves, aren't they?