PDA

View Full Version : Nail Biting

aki
10-24-2004, 10:01 PM
My Chihuahua bites her nails on her front paws. She dosen't do it to excess where they bleed or anything though. I am not concerned about it since it really reduces my having to actually having to cut them.

Just wondering if anyone elses dogs do this. Quirky huh?

***AKI***

Shelteez2
10-24-2004, 10:03 PM
One of my cousin's labs bites her nails. I rarely have to cut them. LOL

micki76
10-24-2004, 10:03 PM
Millie does it, too. I really don't like her doing it, cause it makes her nails sharp and jagged. :(

aki
10-24-2004, 10:06 PM
LOL! I was thinking she was the only one! It makes my daughter mad because she will chew all her nail polish off! So we stopped painting them for fear that the polish flakes might make her sick.

trayi52
10-24-2004, 10:09 PM
Dana, my Rottie does it, and when she does it, you can hear from across the room! She gets loud!

Willie:)

Kfamr
10-24-2004, 10:12 PM
I've heard of this before but i've always been curious what causes it.
I know I bite my nials all the time, and it's because of boredom or nervousness. :p

K9soul
10-24-2004, 10:15 PM
Tasha does it pretty regularly. I don't know if the cause is the same for other dogs but for her she has always seemed especially cleanly, she cleans herself, us, and attempts to clean Tommy fairly regularly :p. I figured the nail thing was just additional 'grooming' for her.

trayi52
10-24-2004, 10:16 PM
Kay, I have alway bit my nails too, you think maybe Dana has been watching me?;)

aki
10-24-2004, 10:21 PM
Oh my gosh, K9! Nina washes like a cat too! I though maybe she was imitating our cat Chuck.

We adopted Nina from the Humane Society almost a year ago so we don't know what she was like before. She is loud too! You can hear her doing it when we are watching TV!

LOL

Jamieejo85
10-25-2004, 06:23 PM
Do you have any pictures of Nina? I would love to see them, I am a chihuahua LOVER!! Sorry if you have posted them somewhere else, sometimes I miss important threads:)
Jamie

Cookiebaker
10-25-2004, 07:30 PM
Emerson does this too. At first it wigged me out, but now I have gotten used to it. He only does this when they start to get a little long, as if to give me the hint that it's time to get the clippers out.

He also likes to gently, gently nibble at my nails, too. It drives Mark batty, and I don't usually allow him to keep at it.

GraciesMommy
10-25-2004, 07:55 PM
So far, Gracie doesn't, but Mercedes, my schaunzer I had for 16 years did constantly! The vet and groomer both told me it was common and the equivelent of thumb sucking..I don't know..kinda makes sense...Mercedes did it to where her paws were discolored brown all the time..drove me nuts and I hope Gracie doesn't do it..(Mercedes made a little funny noise when she was doing it)

This is a pic of daddy and gracie..thought I would share it since he kinda feels left out..LOLhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/pamelagraves/DaDyGr.jpg