PDA

View Full Version : I hate clothes shopping!

Miranda_Rae
10-24-2004, 04:31 PM
Ok, this is a vent and I am also curious to see if other people hate it also! I went clothe shopping Friday and Saturday for some nice outfits for the dog show in Winnipeg. It was SO hard to find things that fit me. The pants are for people that are like 6 ft tall, and I am only 5'1", and I've noticed that there are a lot of teen girls that are short also. :rolleyes: And, they make them for like super skinny people! :mad: We are not all 6 ft and 100 lbs ya know! :rolleyes: My goodness! And the shirts are so low, and I don't want to flash the judge if I have to bend over! :o They also expensive! :eek: When I finally found some pants that fit me they were like 39 bucks! :eek: :rolleyes: I am not poor, but I am not that rich! Sheeshh....needless to say I got them because I couldn't find anything else. So, ok thats my vent. So does any of this frustrating clothe shopping happen to you?

KYS
10-24-2004, 05:05 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but
don't you have a petite section in your stores?
Their should be all sizes, just cut shorter in the
waist and length..
I do not like shopping either. I am a much better
window shopper. :)

primabella
10-24-2004, 05:34 PM
I hate shopping, period. lol

I just hate that I have such a hard time finding clothes I actually like. I'm not into the bright or flashy clothes and each time I go shopping, I just come back feeling ugly and fat. Lol. I also hate having some salesperson in my face, lying and telling me it looks fine on me or just following me around bringing me anything to try on.

And I gotta agree, things can be ridiculously over-priced.

I don't know.. I guess it's not my thing.

dogs_4_me
10-24-2004, 05:49 PM
I love shopping:D

micki76
10-24-2004, 05:51 PM
I despise clothes shopping and always have, even when I was thin.

The petites are just a tad too short for me, but the regular lengths are long enough for my 6' tall husband. It's very frustrating.

And I'm at the age where I neither want to wear juniors or "old lady". It can be very irritating to find anything other than those two, at a decent price. :mad:

Miranda_Rae
10-24-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by primabella
I just come back feeling ugly and fat.

Oh my gosh...yes! That happens to me all the time too! :eek: :rolleyes: :(

Yes, we have a petite section, but I don't like the pants in there because they don't have the flare, and I don't like them! They look like something my mom would wear! :rolleyes: To me they aren't that comfortable because they have the waist like way over to your belly-button! :o

tatsxxx11
10-24-2004, 06:00 PM
HATE clothes shopping!!! I get so annoyed, fumbling through the racks, trying to find my size. I'm 5 ft., 100 lbs and can never find what I want in my size at the store. Tons of size 10 and up (I'm talking petites) but only 1 or 2 choices in a size 2 or 4. And shoes are worse! I wear a size 5 and most stores will only order 1 or 2 of any style in that size. I've resorted to catalog shopping J Jill has a lot of great clothes in all sizes, including petites.

Miranda_Rae
10-24-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
HATE clothes shopping!!! I get so annoyed, fumbling through the racks, trying to find my size. I'm 5 ft., 100 lbs and can never find what I want in my size at the store. Tons of size 10 and up (I'm talking petites) but only 1 or 2 choices in a size 2 or 4. And shoes are worse! I wear a size 5 and most stores will only order 1 or 2 of any style in that size. I've resorted to catalog shopping J Jill has a lot of great clothes in all sizes, including petites.

Oh my gosh girl! :eek: You are tiny! I wish I was that tiny! :( I'm 5'1" but I am not telling you my weight! :rolleyes: Everyone tells me that I am small/slender/thin what have you, but ppppfffttt...whatever! :rolleyes:

ComedyDevil
10-24-2004, 06:27 PM
I like shopping! Well, sometimes :p I'm 5ft (another tiny person!) and about 105lbs, so it's hard to find jeans that aren't too long, or too big round the waist. It's fun trying though! Small shoes are easy to find round here :) I like shopping for unusual stuff, so it's always fun to look for interesting clothes, I enjoy it. Helping other people shop for clothes is boring though! :p

KYS
10-24-2004, 06:31 PM
posted by Miranda_Rae:
They look like something my mom would wear! :rolleyes: >>>>>>>

LOL! that explains it. I am probably your mom's
generation or older. :D

cookieluver7
10-24-2004, 07:33 PM
I love shopping, but I know what you mean. I always try on clothes that are waaaay too tight fitting on me. I'm not fat, but it is so tight that I can hardly breath! And I know what you mean by prices. I find a pair of jeans that I looooove... and then they are like $45!:eek: (and I'm not poor either) Why can't there be normal sizes with cheap prices? Just so you know, it's not just you, it happens to me and all of my friends too. But as for shopping, I love it!:p

Miranda_Rae
10-24-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by KYS
posted by Miranda_Rae:
They look like something my mom would wear! :rolleyes: >>>>>>>

LOL! that explains it. I am probably your mom's
generation or older. :D

Yes, that does explain it! :p Shes 40-ish (she would kill me if I told her real age ;)).

Doggirl
10-24-2004, 08:07 PM
I love shopping, if I can find something that fits! I'm about 5'1 and 85ish pounds, so it's really hard to find something that doesn't slip off my hips completly! It's almost always difficult.

buckner
10-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Dang you skinny people! :eek:

I love shopping.. it's always forking over the money that gets me though. I'm very frugal, so I won't even look at something that's outrageously priced. I'm not skinny, but I'm not obese. I'm like an 11 or something in Juniors - eh, I can't believe I just admitted that. Jeans are easy to find now because I know what I want. It's a certain brand that I want in a certain style. No, they don't all the look same, but they are all what I want! And shirts, pfth. I can't get any of those "cute" shirts because they are all are SO short! I have short legs but a long torso. :rolleyes: So I've resulted in just plain ole tshirts... mostly free. :D What can I say, I love free. And long sleeve shirts. So I totally understand when you say you don't like it.. you just gotta learn the way to.

Gah, now I REALLY want to go shopping!!!

Kfamr
10-24-2004, 09:26 PM
I hate clothes shopping too.... shopping for other things is fun though. :p

binka_nugget
10-24-2004, 09:53 PM
I love shopping for clothes! I rarely go to the mall anymore. I just shop at thrift stores. They always have the best stuff! :D I usually find more things that fit me at the thrift stores than at the mall. Whenever I go to the mall, I end up feeling fat and short lol.

PJ's Mom
10-24-2004, 10:14 PM
It's funny to hear all of you complain about finding pants (and clothes in general) that fit short people. I'm 5'9", have a 34" inseam and have the exact same problem. :D

lisalee
10-24-2004, 10:55 PM
I don't enjoy shopping for clothes, especially pants/jeans. Tops/sweaters I can always pick out pretty much without even trying on, so I enjoy that more. I get very confused shopping for clothes and I hate that, I can never decide I will spend a half hour trying to decide on one thing. :confused: I love shopping, but for other things.

slick
10-24-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by primabella
I hate shopping, period. lol
Me too!! Whether it's clothes or groceries....I hate shopping and only do it when and if necessary.

carole
10-25-2004, 12:27 AM
Hi my name is Carole and I am a shopaholic, I love shopping, but clothes shopping only when I am slim (which I am not at present) so now I HATE IT, everything is so cute and feminine right now, and I wish I could wear them again, ah well I am trying.

Gosh 39 dollars for pants, I would consider that a very good price here in NZ, not cheap , not expensive, and 45 for jeans also a good price.

cloverfdx
10-25-2004, 05:59 AM
I love shopping be it clothes shopping or just looking (Geez i AM a female :eek: ;) ), i am addicted. I have problems with buying pants aswell as i am what you would call short here (5"6') and of mudium build. I can usualy pick up shirts from the boys/ youths section, but the pants dont fit me.

Sirrahsim
10-25-2004, 07:28 AM
Before I got married I enjoyed clothes shopping:) I'm about 5'4" and used to weight between 125-130. Now that I'm married(happy weight) and pregnant (the beginnings of baby weight) I'm up to 150ish and can only fit into a size 13 juniors in certain brands like Mudd which cuts large. Thank heavens for low rise pants or who knows what size I'd be into with my little growing baby belly:rolleyes: :D :D :D

Tonya
10-25-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Miranda_Rae
Ok, this is a vent and I am also curious to see if other people hate it also! I went clothe shopping Friday and Saturday for some nice outfits for the dog show in Winnipeg. It was SO hard to find things that fit me. The pants are for people that are like 6 ft tall, and I am only 5'1", and I've noticed that there are a lot of teen girls that are short also. :rolleyes: And, they make them for like super skinny people! :mad: We are not all 6 ft and 100 lbs ya know! :rolleyes: My goodness! And the shirts are so low, and I don't want to flash the judge if I have to bend over! :o They also expensive! :eek: When I finally found some pants that fit me they were like 39 bucks! :eek: :rolleyes: I am not poor, but I am not that rich! Sheeshh....needless to say I got them because I couldn't find anything else. So, ok thats my vent. So does any of this frustrating clothe shopping happen to you?

Those dang pants aren't made for the 6' tall women either! I get mad because my pants are always to short. I'm about 5'10 or 5'9. The only place that carries women's pants that fit me properly is Express or Gap and they are expensive. Whenever I find good fitting pants for a good price, I buy a pair in every color. I also cannot wait for this low rise style to pass. It is unflattering unless a girl is really skinny. I have wide hips, so even at my thinnest, they look horrible. And I am so tired of worrying about my buttcrack showing! Right now, I am pregnant, so my shopping troubles are even worse. Even the maternity clothes are running small these days. They seem to think it's cute for pregnant women to wear low rises and shorter shirts. I'm not a big fan of showing my belly.

Miranda_Rae
10-25-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Tonya
Those dang pants aren't made for the 6' tall women either! I get mad because my pants are always to short. I'm about 5'10 or 5'9. The only place that carries women's pants that fit me properly is Express or Gap and they are expensive. Whenever I find good fitting pants for a good price, I buy a pair in every color. I also cannot wait for this low rise style to pass. It is unflattering unless a girl is really skinny. I have wide hips, so even at my thinnest, they look horrible. And I am so tired of worrying about my buttcrack showing! Right now, I am pregnant, so my shopping troubles are even worse. Even the maternity clothes are running small these days. They seem to think it's cute for pregnant women to wear low rises and shorter shirts. I'm not a big fan of showing my belly.

Well they certainly are long on me! Some of the pants that I try on have an extra 1 ft on the bottom....serious! :eek: Yeah, I would understand how its hard to find pants for you too! My friend who is like 5'11" has a hard time finding pants too. Poor Ami! :p Well it doesn't seem to bother some people with the low-rise jeans if they are skinny or not! :rolleyes: Then they make the pants for people who don't have hips, and supper skinny thighs. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

PJ's Mom
10-25-2004, 11:18 AM
Well it doesn't seem to bother some people with the low-rise jeans if they are skinny or not!

And that's one of society's biggest problems. :D

Miranda_Rae
10-25-2004, 11:20 AM
lol...it REALLY bugs my mom when we are walking around the mall and shes like, "Why do all these girls wear these low-rise pants and short tops and they have a big tire hanging out?!?!" lol... :rolleyes:

Glacier
10-25-2004, 11:28 AM
Boy, I'd like to know where you are shopping! I am just under six feet tall. I have a h**l of a time finding pants that are long enough! Cheap is out of the question. Not going to happen. Like Tonya, if I find something that fits, I buy every color or several pairs.

Miranda_Rae
10-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Glacier
Boy, I'd like to know where you are shopping! I am just under six feet tall. I have a h**l of a time finding pants that are long enough! Cheap is out of the question. Not going to happen. Like Tonya, if I find something that fits, I buy every color or several pairs.

I shop at JCPenny, Sears, Old Navy, etc. I don't know they seem AWFULLY long on me! :o

Glacier
10-25-2004, 11:42 AM
I shop at JCPenny, Sears, Old Navy, etc. I don't know they seem AWFULLY long on me! :o

Ah, see I have access to none of those places except through the Sears catalogue. I live in the boonies! I'll be checking out Old Navy next time I go South though! I do order the tall jeans from Sears sometimes. Some of their styles can be ordered with a 35" inseam, which fits me perfectly.

PJ's Mom
10-25-2004, 11:46 AM
I get most of my long pants at JCPenney.

Miranda_Rae
10-25-2004, 11:48 AM
Ah, see I have access to none of those places except through the Sears catalogue. I live in the boonies! I'll be checking out Old Navy next time I go South though! I do order the tall jeans from Sears sometimes. Some of their styles can be ordered with a 35" inseam, which fits me perfectly.

Lol...it doesn't really matter where I shop because EVERY single pant that I try on is too long for me, even some in the little girls section! :eek:

RICHARD
10-25-2004, 12:00 PM
19.99 for regular pants,
21.99 for 'extended sizes'

Send 34.99 to Lee Jeans with your size for your custom fit pants.

I have to pay 35 dollars for slacks that are sitting on a shelf in the factory.

---------------------------------------------

I have a hard time finding any kind of slacks/pants for 'dressy-dress' time at work.....I like my jeans......that's all I wear anyway..

I won't buy out of a catalogue...most of the time the darn things do not fit.

For shirts I HAVE to buy double extra large TALL.....If I buy XXL shirts I may as well shave my belly and get a piercing.:eek:

ugh.

Miranda_Rae
10-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
For shirts I HAVE to buy double extra large TALL.....If I buy XXL shirts I may as well shave my belly and get a piercing.:eek:

LOL...oh my gosh, that is SO funny. Sorry it made me laugh! :D I can just see it! lol... :p

PJ's Mom
10-25-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

You have an Imagestation account, right? :D

carole
10-25-2004, 02:30 PM
I have a hecka of a job getting shirts for my hubby, he is six feet tall and very thin, nothing is long enough, I have to buy a bigger shirt to get the length in the body and arms, and then they are way to big elsewhere, I can usually find something but it is a job in a half.

As for pants, I have the same problem Miranda Rae as you, I am only 5 foot 2 and half inches tall, what gets me is I cannot sew, so I have to pay to get them taken up, so that adds ten dollars to the price GRR., but i sure can empathise with those girls who are extra tall as well.

Tonya
10-25-2004, 02:44 PM

Check out oldnavy.com also another good one for long jeans is www.newport-news.com

Sirrahsim
10-25-2004, 07:46 PM
I guess I should mention that though I love low rise jeans, I am considerate enough to wear a nice long shirt over them:D :D I have no delusions of granduer, these love handles are here to stay:D :rolleyes:

CamCamPup33
10-25-2004, 08:38 PM
Miranda, i think i need to come where you are and go shopping! ;)

Im 5'7 and weigh 111 and i can NEVER find clothes that fit me BOTH in the waist and length. It bothers me SOOO much, and i always go home fustrated, although i love to shop! The pants that i try on always are either to big in the waist and too short in the length or too small in the waist and too long in the length. It's really annoying.... I would LOVE to be short and thicker.. :p

guster girl
10-25-2004, 09:03 PM
If I have the money to spend, I love shopping for clothes. I used to hate it, because I didn't know what I really looked good in. I'm a small person, 5'1, 115 lbs, and, I don't put up that much of a front, if you know what I mean. ;) But, since about two years ago, I know what I like on me, what fits me, what I'm comfortable in. So, I enjoy shopping more than I used to. Jeans are hard, though, because I'm so incredibly picky. It used to be harder, though, before they came out with hipsters. I used to have such a hard time finding jeans that would fit over my butt and, not be huge in the waist. But, that's the grand thing about hipsters, I buy them so that my rear looks cute, and, just pull them down close to my hips, and, a little lower if need be. No worries about the waist anymore. and, I love my jeans long. I wear the same size inseam as my brother, and, he's 6 feet tall! :) If I cross my legs (like where my ankle is over my knee, does that make sense?), I hate if you can see the top of my shoes or my socks. Yeah, I'm weird! :)

Miranda_Rae
10-25-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
Miranda, i think i need to come where you are and go shopping! ;)

Im 5'7 and weigh 111 and i can NEVER find clothes that fit me BOTH in the waist and length. It bothers me SOOO much, and i always go home fustrated, although i love to shop! The pants that i try on always are either to big in the waist and too short in the length or too small in the waist and too long in the length. It's really annoying.... I would LOVE to be short and thicker.. :p

I am short and "thicker" although people are always telling me that I am thin :rolleyes: (whatever!). Wow, you must be really slender! Go ahead and come shop here....you'll have a blast. ;)

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-26-2004, 09:10 AM
I HAAAAAATE shopping too!!! All kinds, except surfing the web.:D I'm 5' 8 1/2" and about 125 lbs...so I can usually find stuff that fits, but I hate wearing tight, short, and uncomfortable clothes!! I ALWAYS go for what's comfortable, NOT what's in style, and I really don't have that many shirts and jeans, etc. since I almost NEVER go shopping!! lol :D;):o I'll just wear the same stuff over and over (washing of course) but you get what I mean!(hehe):)

Tonya
10-26-2004, 09:14 AM
I must say one good thing about the low rises...I was able to stay out of maternity clothes for much longer! I am almost 6 months pregnant and can still wear come of my old jeans. When I was pregnant last time, I had to start wearing maternity clothes at 3 months pregnant.

Tonya
10-26-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by guster girl
....I used to have such a hard time finding jeans that would fit over my butt and, not be huge in the waist. But, that's the grand thing about hipsters, I buy them so that my rear looks cute, and, just pull them down close to my hips, and, a little lower if need be. No worries about the waist anymore. and, I love my jeans long. I wear the same size inseam as my brother, and, he's 6 feet tall! :) If I cross my legs (like where my ankle is over my knee, does that make sense?), I hate if you can see the top of my shoes or my socks. Yeah, I'm weird! :)

I forgot about that part. I have huge hips and a tiny waist, so I had prblems with that too. Come to think of it, all I could wear was men's Levi's before hipsters came out.

moosmom
10-26-2004, 03:19 PM
Don't feel bad Miranda, so do I!! It reminds me of how FAT I am!!

Fox-Gal
10-26-2004, 04:10 PM
I hate clothes shopping. I'm 5'4" so to short for reg. clothes, but to tall for the petite clothes. Living in Florida I buy a lot of sundresses because there just easier, throw them on and out the door I go. (yes, I'm lazy ;)) But even with a sundress, before I can wear them I have to adapt them some, if there are not to long then they are made for woman with huge arm pits. lol I swear almost all the ones I get have arm wholes the size of my head. In the winter.....I hate winter just because I have to buy pants. I'm stuck with them being so long they drag or else I look like I'm waiting for a flood.

Boy do I miss the days before my accident when I was skinnier....Then I loved clothes shopping. I still had the length problem, but at least I felt like I looked good..... now I'm just a purse shopper. :D

*LabLoverKEB*
10-26-2004, 07:26 PM
LOVE TO SHOP! But, I sooooooooooo wish i was SKINNIER !!!!:( :( :(

Anyone have any ideas on how I can loose weight? :confused: :confused:

christa
10-26-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by *LabLoverKEB*
Anyone have any ideas on how I can loose weight? :confused: :confused:

Eating healthy & exercising works for me ;)

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that has a hard time finding jeans/pants to fit! I found a pair of dress pants in the juniors department at JCPenney last week . . . they were PERFECT!!! Low cut, boot leg, perfect perfect perfect! In fact, I went back the next day and bought the same pair of pants in another color! So how I have gray & black . . . LOL.

Usually when I find a pair of jeans/pants that I like, I buy two because I have a hard time finding jeans/pants that I like. (I'm picky) But I definitely am sticking with the low rise pants & boot cut legs. Love 'em (when I can find 'em!)

anna_66
10-27-2004, 08:36 AM
I do love clothes shopping, it's just that I have such a hard time finding them to fit me! I have big hips but a small waist. Seems like if they fit in the hips they are huge in the waist.
And shirts, you have to be big breasted to wear most of the cute ones, and I'm not!
I love the hispsters (although not the real low rise ones), they are much more flattering than the pants that go up past your belly button and make your "tire" stick out:p But of course I wear a shirt that covers my "tire":)
I know I've tried on as many as 20 pairs of pants at one store:eek: So I feel your pain!
If I find a pair and they fit I don't care how much they are...I buy them:)

chrangharris
10-30-2004, 07:34 AM
I hate finding clothes that fit me! I'm 5'4'' so the petites are to short for me but the regular are to long. I end up going with the long size but I spend my life stepping on pants!! Then, I have wide hips and a curvy butt and a TINY waist- impossible to find something to fit over my hips and butt without falling off of my waist. Then shirts- I'm quite busty with a small back- to fit over the bust I need at least a large but it is huge everywhere else. If I get a smaller size, it can fit but then the "gals" are on display and I'm not to fond of that.

chocolatepuppy
10-30-2004, 07:58 AM
I guess I'm not the only one who has problems with buying pants! Now they even have jogging pants in petite and tall(I saw no average) I am 5'4" and have long legs. So petite is too short and tall is too long. I can usually get by with average. And although I do have a waistline it is not little and so jeans, forget it, I've been buying elastic waist.Regular jeans that fit my butt are too tight in my waist and if they fit my waist they hang off my butt! :rolleyes: Maybe I will have to join a nudist colony! :eek: Besides I agree with a few others who said clothes shopping makes me feel fat(well I am kinda fat) so it's just digusting!:p

sirrahbed
10-30-2004, 08:31 AM
If anyone here hates shopping because they are womanly - large - please see my womanly woman thread:D