PDA

View Full Version : Patty

tatsxxx11
03-18-2001, 06:41 AM
Dear "mom" of Patty. I am so, so sad to hear of the passing of your precious Patty. It is so unfortunate that these adorable critters have such a short life span. But while I know you must feel so sad and miss her terribly, I hope you do take comfort in the knowledge that you were her "rescue" angel. You provided her with the most special and loving of "possum" homes imaginable. Personally, I find true beauty in all living creatures. And Patty is no exception. Her sweet expression and love for you just melts my heart. You have paid her such a special tribute, allowing all the world to learn of the very special bond the two of you shared. And I know she is sending you much love and "thanks, Mom!" from the Rainbow Bridge. Thank you for sharing the story of Patty with us. She is our beautiful, sweet and much loved and missed "Pet of the Day!" I will keep you in my heart, sweet Patty.

HowieDawn
03-18-2001, 12:20 PM
I know how you feel about Patty. I grew up in the "country." So therefore, I brought home every baby bird, kitten, puppy, rabbit, you name it, if it didn't have a mommy I brought it home. Even once brought home a bunch of baby mice (because their mother was dead.) My parents didn't like that too much. Most of these animals....their nests were interrupted by one of our dogs.

When I was in Jr. High, our dog was chasing a "possum." Being that the babies ride on their mothers back, or in their pouches...(THEY ARE MARSOUPIALS) (SP?) one of the babies fell off/out. I took the baby in. It looked like a little rat. It had no hair, and it's eyes were shut. We fed the baby through an eye dropper for the longest time. She slept in a cream of wheat box. At the time, when she was small, we kept her in a hamster cage, so she wouldn't crawl around and get hurt. We ended up naming her Posey (pOzy- long "o")

Posey ate dog food. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif Her favorite treat was banannas. She was a wonderful pet. She also was litter trained.