PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Emma!!! =(

DogLover9501
10-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Emma has been sleeping all day...

About 10 minutes ago she woke up and jumped down onto the floor, she then vomited up some foamy stuff two times :( She also hasn't ate today.

Should I be worried?

rg_girlca
10-24-2004, 04:09 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Emma is out of sorts today Robyn.
Maybe it could be a change in her diet or stress from the other dogs and cats? It could be a few things.
Hopefully maybe one of the more experienced kitty people on here could help you more.

Maybe a call or visit to the vet may be in order.

I hope and pray that tomorrow sweet Emma is feeling better.

Please keep us posted.

sirrahbed
10-24-2004, 04:14 PM
There are days when my cats have done this....do not want to eat and even the foamy vomit you describe. Sometimes they have a hairball yet most times it is nothing. But, I would say not to worry today - but just keep an eye on her and if it keeps up or gets worse, then a call to the vet would be a good idea. It could be like Lorraine said - a change in her diet or the stress of a new home - or one of many things. Like I said - my cats often have days like this and it has never amounted to anything but since she is new to you - just keep a close watch and try not to worry just yet - OK? (((HUGS)))

PS I LOVED your siggy and asked Kay for one almost like it:rolleyes:

DogLover9501
10-24-2004, 04:47 PM

She ate a few minutes ago and is now sleeping again, but she hasn't gotten sick or anything after.

jazzcat
10-24-2004, 05:36 PM
Keep an eye on her and make sure she is drinking and using the bathroom. Hopefully it's nothing and she'll be back to normal tomorrow.

Laura's Babies
10-24-2004, 08:33 PM
Sounds like you already have some good advice but I know it is hard not to worry.

catmandu
10-25-2004, 09:27 AM
If it was a hairball,I wouldnt worry! But,if it was a foreign substance,then Emma,might,have swallowed,something,that she shouldnt have,and then a trip,to the white Coats,is in order!

DogLover9501
10-25-2004, 11:05 AM
Just a little update :)

Emma ate lots last night, I was actually surprised that ALL the food I put down was gone because I put down alot :eek:

She hasn't thrown up or anything since.

And that is so true, it's hard not to worry!!

Thanks all :)

cloverfdx
10-25-2004, 11:31 AM
That is good to hear sweet Emma is eating again and keeping her food down. Yumi sometimes has days where she will eat very little and sleep alot, but is usualy back to normal self the next day.

catcrazylady
10-25-2004, 12:35 PM
I'm glad it all turned out ok. My crew does that every now and then too and it usually is nothing more than an upset tummy.