PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of "Rosie"

manda_moo87
10-24-2004, 03:01 PM
I've never before talked about Rosie on PT. She was almost my first dog... the love of my life. Back when I was in 7th grade my good friend's rottweiler, Ruby delivered a litter of 7 rottweiler pups. I named the runt, Rosie, I loved that pup so much. I of course had pleaded with my parents for weeks that we get Rosie but my Mom was totally against it (she's never wanted me to have a dog)... in the end just when my Mom was beginning to weaken, Rosie was sold. I never even got to say good-bye to her.

I still think about her every once in a while... and wonder how she is. I had a dream about her last night, reliving the whole experience. God I miss that dog. We had a very close bond. I remember the last time I saw her when she was 6 weeks old, she and her brothers and sister were put in the crate to go to sleep that night but whenever I left the room was would whine. I finally went upstaires and could hear her whining, so my friend went down to see her but she continued to whine until I came down and held her... the last time I saw her she was whining in her crate... as I walked away with me Dad.

I hope she's living a happy life and that I can see her again someday. All I know is that she lives in a city about an hour from here and that the owners kept her names Rosie. She would be 5 years old now.

I'll see if I can find some pics of her and post them, I only have 3 or 4.

tatsxxx11
10-24-2004, 03:50 PM
What a touching remembrance:) For sure, your beloved Rosie holds a very special place in your heart; one those doggies that come into our lives then are gone, but never, ever forgotten. I'm sorry you two had to part and especially sorry you didn't have a chance to say goodbye:( But it sounds as though Rosie had a very important job to do in meeting you; teaching you at a young age, how exquisite and lasting doggie love can be:) I hope you're able to share some pics of her with us:) And wouldn't that be great if one day you could meet her again and thank her for leaving such lasting pawprints on your heart:) Thanks so much for sharing her with us:)

manda_moo87
10-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Thank you Sandra. :) That is all so true what you said, she did teach me so much and I'll never forget her as long as I live.

I found some pics but my scanner doesn't seem to be working :o so I'll post them eventually, lol.