PDA

View Full Version : Can't find the words to say

cookieluver7
10-24-2004, 12:53 PM
I like somebody and I just can't find the words to say. I try talking to him, and nothing ever comes out. Normally I am loud and outgoing, talkitive, and wild. Around him I am shy, quiet, etc. I just can't find the right words to say to him. To top everything off, all the girls at my school like him. How will I ever be able to tell him how I feel, and how will he like me of all girls at my school? I know this is kind of pointless, but I think that maybe some of you gals out there can help me get through this. Maybe you can give me some tips on how to get guys to notice me. I am well dressed and I am a nice person, my only problem is that I can't find the words to say.

bluekat
10-24-2004, 01:00 PM
Hmm I don't really have alot of advice for you..since I'm the same way:p lol

I liked many guys at my school before, but I'm always too shy to talk to them. I find it much easier to talk to them on msn;)
Then you can get to know each other better that way without the awkwardness of actually talking face to face. You can try to get his email...just say in case you need help with hmwk or something;) lol or get your friends to ask for you

I like this guy at my school now but I have never talked to him before. He probably knows I like him though since I'm always looking at him:rolleyes: haha

guster girl
10-24-2004, 01:06 PM
I personally think it's better to embarass yourself trying to talk to him than to never say anything. I think it's better to know someone's not interested than to always wonder how they felt (I have a handful of regrets like that, and, I'd do anything to get a re-do!) But, I was shy like that til I was about 23 years old. After that long, though, I realized it wasn't getting me anywhere! ;) My niece has a hard time approaching guys, she's nineteen. But, she's getting a lot bolder. It just takes a few times forcing yourself to do it, and, trust me, it becomes easier. :) I will say this, though. Whatever you do, don't play games. Most girls play games, and, it's refreshing to a guy when a girl is straightforward and honest from the start. If you're nervous, tell him. If he's a nice person, he'll be flattered, not mean. Good luck, though. :)

guster girl
10-24-2004, 01:10 PM
And, as for getting people to notice you, the advice I can give there is to not overdo it. Yeah, dressing crazy and wearing a ton of makeup gets attention, but, it's often the wrong kind of attention and the wrong kind of guy. I mean, sure, dress to kill when the situation calls for it, but, for daily "attention-getting", I say just walk with confidence, good posture can make you feel so good, too! You know what you have to offer as a person, and, as a girl - just let others know it. :)

binka_nugget
10-24-2004, 01:12 PM
Forget the what if's and just say what you really feel. It's better to know that things could or couldn't have worked out than to wonder what if for the many years to come. If I could go back in time and say what I really felt, I'd feel much better now, whether I got shot down or not.

BCBlondie
10-24-2004, 01:13 PM
Well I don't think I'll be able to give any helpful advice because so far in life, I've had NO luck with guys, and I just told the guy I liked that I like him and of course he rejected me! Hmm maybe that's why I have zero self-esteem and confidence! :rolleyes:
Like Ashley said - Even though you may get rejected, it really does feel a LOT better once you've gotten it off your chest! And look at it this way - the worst thing he'll say is no.. You'll live. ;)

But anyways, I agree with guster girl. Maybe you can casually start talking to him? Like, "How's your day been?" or "What do we have for homework again?" (if you're in the same class). Just try to start by asking completely harmless questions... then maybe ask if there's a way to talk online, like email or instant messenger... then you can get to know him more, and if you're comfortable, eventually tell him how you feel. :) Good luck!

Amber
10-24-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by bluekat
I like this guy at my school now but I have never talked to him before. He probably knows I like him though since I'm always looking at him:rolleyes: haha

oh man, same here! :o

All I can say is you have nothing to loose, even though its easier said then done, but just say "Hey" to him sometime.

And for him to notice you, just be yourself, smile, and be happy. :)

cookieluver7
10-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Thanks! I'll try your advice and once I get to know him better, I think I will tell him how I really feel. Three of my friends have done it and one of them actually got a really close boyfriend. As for the other two, they got rejected. Like you guys said, what do I have to loose? Thanks!;)