PDA

View Full Version : Sad update on Henri (COTD 09/12/04)

Henri'sHumanMom
10-24-2004, 11:48 AM
It is with the Heaviest of Hearts that I share the news of Henri's passing. He had indicated to me that he was ready to part this life and his suffering had become too great. I had him euthanized yesterday evening around 6:00 pm (Sat, Oct 23). I know he is at peace now, but I feel as though someone has carved out my gut. The sorrow is so great.

We all know this day comes and that is what we sign up for. I feel my sorrow is so huge because our love was so great. He was my kitty soulmate.

Take care everyone and cherish every moment. :-)

gini
10-24-2004, 12:00 PM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know that feeling all too well, and my heart goes out to you.

Cry until you can cry no more............and know that he will never be very far away from you.

gini
10-24-2004, 12:04 PM
http://catoftheday.com/archive/2004/September/12.jpg

dogs_4_me
10-24-2004, 12:13 PM
I'm so sorry. Play hard at the rainbow bridge Henri:)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-24-2004, 12:31 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss! The hardest part of loving an animal is they leave us way to soon. I firmly believe you will be together again some day! Thank you for sharing your precious boy with us!

tatsxxx11
10-24-2004, 01:05 PM
Thank you gini for posting Henri's picture. I remember your beautiful boy so well. I'm so very sorry for your great loss Henri's Mom:(:(:( We all know the deep saddness you are feeling and the emptiness in your heart. My most sincere condolences on the passing of your beautiful boy. I know he will live on forever in your heart and your cherished memories. I'm so glad we were able to honor him during his time on this earth.

Wait there patiently at the Rainbow Bridge precious Henri, until that happy day you and your Mom are reunited in love. And send down your spirit to comfort her during this very sad time. {{{HUGS}}} Love, Sandra, Mr. B and Oliver

Henri'sHumanMom
10-24-2004, 02:51 PM
Thank you everyone. I'm sorry, in my grief I posted to the wrong section. I will cry until I can cry no more.

There's already a flood in my living room.

Hugs to all... and thanks

BMZB
10-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Henri's Mom-

I have been on this site for awhile but have never posted. I just like watching everyone else I guess.... But your post made me register to just tell you how sorry I am. I have tears in my eyes from reading your thread along with everyones support. I feel like I lost him too! What beautiful boy. All I can say is that after you are finished drying your eyes just know that you are an angel for the life that you gave little Henri. If it wasn't for you, who knows what kind of life he may have led given the terribly sad number of unwanted and stray kitties out there. He must have had a very special life....I can tell from the way you miss him. You have a big heart. I wish the best for you....Henri is in a good place now and you did a great job. Smile!

Karen
10-24-2004, 03:55 PM
Henri's Mom, I will move this to Cat Memorial where it belongs, don't worry. Henri was a handsome boy in life, and now has soft soft gray wings to match his soft, pretty coat, and he'll greet you some day at the Rainbow Bridge.

Until that day, he'll be with you, curled up in a corner of your heart, purring away for those moments when you most need him.

Cataholic
10-24-2004, 05:13 PM
Henri's Mom,
My heart breaks for you, right along with everyone else on this site. No one can know the depths of our grief when our beloved pet crosses over. Only because our love is so great can our grief be so, too. Know that you made the ultimate sacrifice for Henri's good, and that he is eternally grateful for that. He is not far from you now...simply close your eyes, and he will come. RIP, Henri. Meowmie is grieving your absence. Wait patiently for her.

jenluckenbach
10-24-2004, 06:34 PM
I am sorry to hear of Henry's passing. :(:( a very sad dat indeed. I am glad we got to meet hum first.

rg_girlca
10-24-2004, 07:52 PM
My heart goes out to you on the loss of your beloved Henri. He was/ is a beautiful cat.
I pray and hope that you find comfort and peace in the fond memories you made together.

Rest in Peace dear Henri.

Here is a poem that Jenluckenbach/Jen wrote that I think is so beautiful and I think you will like.
I hope you don't mine Jen.

They tip toe into our lives
We are unaware of how deeply they affect us.
Slowly they weave a web around our heart
Until it is completely theirs.

What is it about 10 pounds of fur
That makes us so happy?
How can those little sounds
Be such music to our ears?

Their whole entire life
Be it short or be it long
Is devoted to the human
Who showed him unconditional love.

We grieve so deeply
When our friend needs to leave,
We wonder why now?
Can't we hold him just a bit longer?

But you will always hold him
in a place in your heart,
A place so special, that would not even exist
If it were not for the love of your cat.

catlady1945
10-24-2004, 08:31 PM
I remember Henri's beautiful face. How sad for you.

trayi52
10-24-2004, 08:42 PM
I'm so sorry, I just have no other words to express my sorrow to you. I do know how it feels to loose one that is so near and dear, and a soulcat. I do wish they could stay with us longer.

R.I.P. dear sweet Henri, play hard at the bridge.

Willie:(

jazzcat
10-24-2004, 09:16 PM
I am so very sorry. :(

Rest in Peace sweet Henri.

slick
10-24-2004, 09:31 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( :( RIP dear Henri.

AmberLee
10-25-2004, 12:21 AM
Rest in Peace, beautiful Henri.

{{{gentle hugs to your mourning human parents}}}

catmandu
10-25-2004, 09:50 AM
Henri,was such a Handsome,Dignified Cat,and he must have been,a Good Cat,too,to be mourned,like that.The Found Cats Angels,are styanding,by,at the Rainbow Bridge,with open arms,and Henris Favorite Food,and Toys,for him,to play with! A Good,and Noble Cat,Henri,you will be missed.

Logan
10-25-2004, 10:22 AM
I am so sorry for the loss of your handsome boy, Henri. :(

cloverfdx
10-25-2004, 12:29 PM
I am so sorry :(. Play hard at the bridge sweet Henri, RIP.

{{Hugs}}

Henri'sHumanMom
10-25-2004, 12:47 PM
THANK YOU EVERYONE.....your words make me cry but they uplift me as well. Jen thank you for the poem. Everyone - your words are perfect - they are healing. Thank you so much.

Jazzcat your Rumor and Rocky kitties looked just like Hen did when he was a kitty. So precious...

More tears fall....

(((((((to all of you)))))))))))

lynnestankard
10-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Henri's Mom - thank you for passing on the very sad news regarding Henri. He was such a beautiful fur boy and of course you'll be mourning him for a long time. He'll never leave your heart.

RIP dear Henri and look down on your Mummy with a very gentle purrrrr.

{{{Hugs}}} to Henri's Mum.

Lynne

jazzcat
10-25-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Henri'sHumanMom
Jazzcat your Rumor and Rocky kitties looked just like Hen did when he was a kitty. So precious...

I thought that too and had my husband come look at handsome Henri's COTD picture. He was amazed at how much Rumor looks like him. I just hope that she will be as wonderul and special as Henri.

(((HUGS)))

krazyaboutkatz
10-25-2004, 11:02 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.:( RIP sweet Henri.

Killearn Kitties
10-26-2004, 07:39 AM
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news of Henri's passing. He was a beautiful cat and obviously great company to you.

Rest in peace handsome Henri and watch over your mummy.

Barbara
10-28-2004, 08:40 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Henri was such a gorgeous boy- and he will stay happy and healthy and wait for you at Rainbow Bridge:)

shais_mom
10-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss.