PDA

View Full Version : How many collars do you have (per dog)??

lovemygreys7
10-23-2004, 10:44 PM
As you may be able to tell by now, gh peeps tend to be a bit obsessive about greyhounds....and sometimes that bleeds over to accessories for our hounds (and our house, cars, homes, work cubes.....).

So I was just wondering.....How many collars do you have for each of your dogs?

We have over 70 (martingale collars) - we mix and match collars with the hounds - though each hound does have a few "exclusive" collars. But it works out to about 10 per hound....

dogs_4_me
10-23-2004, 10:46 PM
Both Emma and Moco have 12 collars:p

lovemygreys7
10-23-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by dogs_4_me
Both Emma and Moco have 12 collars:p

Whew! So its not just us...lol :)

binka_nugget
10-23-2004, 10:55 PM
They share collars. We have roughly 10 collars but only 7 actually fit them lol. They have a martingale, two chain slips, one nylon slip, a prong, and two regular nylon collars. They rarely wear them so they're all plain. :p

sammy101
10-23-2004, 10:55 PM
Well,if you inclue the Prong collar,and a training collar,Kodie has 3! All of his other regular collars he's grown out of,and just over the summer we bought him a nice leather collar with new ID tags :p lol.His prong collar is used only for walks,and the training collar(aka choker) is used to when were working with him,or when we take him to,tol ike Petsmart or wherever.

To be honest,i dont buy Kodie a new collar until the one he;s wearing starts to fall apart,:p :rolleyes:

LW_Aussies4me
10-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Scout (Aussie) has one (and a GL)

Willow (Aussie) has two (probably soon to be three from Pixel on GT)

Toby (Lurcher) has around ten?? maybe more (I loose track; I make a lot of martingales (for friends and family and occasionally on GT (Am_04 there)) and he often gets to be my model...and than if it looks so good on him I have to make another one for the person who's dog it was really for! lol)

Cinnamon (Mini Poodle) has one and a couple of tag collars.

Becki
10-23-2004, 11:04 PM
Max has five
Axel has one, but we are looking for the perfect one for him ;)
Murphy has two
McTavish has two

We are looking at a couple leather tag collars for the big boys, too, but haven't found just the right ones yet

K9soul
10-23-2004, 11:10 PM
Tasha has a harness, a slip collar, and a regular collar with her tags, Tommy has a gentle leader, prong and regular collar with his tags. I can see why greyhound people might be particularly into a variety of collars, with those long elegant necks to show them off :)

Becki
10-23-2004, 11:12 PM
And so many decisions to make: nylon, leather, 1", 1.5", 2", seasonal, traditional, standard sighthound, lined, and the list goes on and on :D

cloverfdx
10-24-2004, 08:36 AM
Clover is the collar queen around here, she has about 5-10 but only wears about 2-3 of them.

Elvis has his two good ones that he wears often (Well one at a time), he has a rolled leather collar but it is slightly too big and i just got him a lovely tartan nylong collar the other day, it looks great on him. Penny and Theo have a few collars each.

ComedyDevil
10-24-2004, 09:02 AM
We probably have around 10-12 collars alltogether between the three of them. We still have their puppy collars which were too cute to get rid of :p And then they have their harnesses, and all their leads, and Toby's headcollar ... yup, they're spoiled. :D

GraciesMommy
10-24-2004, 09:05 AM
So far Gracie has 2...a red with rhinestones and a hot pink with rhinestones. We are going to get a purple one too..but I am looking for lavendar...they are hard to show up on her since she is black

Here she is showing off her pretty in pink~
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/pamelagraves/groomed2.jpg

lute
10-24-2004, 11:17 AM
i said 6-10 per dog. i LOVE buying coloers and spend stupid money on them too. my parents think i'm crazy!lol:D

dogs_4_me
10-24-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by lovemygreys7
Whew! So its not just us...lol :)

LOL

nea
10-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Webby has 5 or so... All get used! And if I see a nice one I can't help but buy it. Collars are very handy! And for some reason certain ones fit perfectly on certain days, then ohther days they just won't do... ;)