PDA

View Full Version : Upset, scared and confused...

DogLover9501
10-23-2004, 09:10 PM
I wasn't going to post this, but Im sure PTers can help me feel better...

Tonight is Aunt Lucy's 50th birthday party...

My parents left to go there, but only about 2 hours later(10pm), my mom came back home by herself, and seemed upset...

About 15 minutes ago(11:15), I was here in my room, I heard the dogs barking, then all I heard was my dad yelling, cursing, and he also broke the coffee table, shook the fridge, knocked the microwave off the fridge, and all the magnets, milk..etc is on the floor.

I know he had been drinking, but he's never acted like that, well I do remember him breaking stuff when I was a child...

He then started yelling at my mom about giving him the keys, and he left...in the van.

My heart is pounding, I am really confused, and scared and shaking.

:( :( :( :confused:

DogLover9501
10-23-2004, 09:14 PM
I also have to add something else....

My mom just came in my room and said she is going down with my nan(my dad's mom) to get the van...

She then said "He's not comming back here tonight, I'm getting nan to take him home with her"....

:confused:

Cataholic
10-23-2004, 09:16 PM
I would stay in your room, out of everyone's way, and pray that tomorrow is a much better day for everyone. I am sorry you are having to go through this. It isn't fair.

dogs_4_me
10-23-2004, 09:19 PM
That must be really tough. Just let it pass, stay in your room Hopefully everything will be better tomorrow.

I hope things get better soon:(

Amber
10-23-2004, 09:23 PM
I remember nights like these too. Parents would start arguing and breaking stuff out of the blue..

What I used to do was stay in my room with Katie, and just hope they would stop, and listen.

Just stay in your room with the dogs & cats, and calm down, everything'll be ok.

Kiia
10-23-2004, 09:44 PM
Brings back some bad memories, so I know what you are going through. :(

I would just stay in my room, make sure your animals are safe, your mom is safe and you are safe. Go to bed early if you have to, just so you don't get in their way. I remember how everything, even the smallest thing used to agitate my dad, then it was lecture time, for hours, and hours and I mean hours.

GraciesMommy
10-23-2004, 09:47 PM
Good advice from everyone...don't worry...it will be ok...they will work it out...try to get some rest...hugs

slick
10-23-2004, 09:58 PM
Oh hon, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I never heard anything like that growing up but my common sense tells me to echo the others and say stay in your room.

Stay logged on here because I'll be up for a few hours yet if you need to talk.

slick
xo

jazzcat
10-23-2004, 10:14 PM
I think the others have offered the best advice. I just want to offer some (((HUGS))). Sorry you are having to deal with that, I'm sure it's hard.

DogLover9501
10-23-2004, 10:15 PM
I knew PTers would help.

I am calmed down alot, I have been laying with Emma.

I'm just a bit worried about my mom because she still isn't back from going to get the van :(

Thanks so much guys...{{{Hugs}}}

KYS
10-23-2004, 10:36 PM
I hope all will work out.

(((Hugs)))

shais_mom
10-23-2004, 10:46 PM
I am sorry for you.
I will be thinking of you....

DogLover9501
10-23-2004, 10:54 PM
My mom and nan just got back...

My mom said they drove around for an hour looking for him and didn't find him...

slick
10-23-2004, 11:04 PM
Could he have gone to stay with a friend or relative??

sammy101
10-23-2004, 11:05 PM
oh im sorry:( that must stink,i've had something similar like that happen to me,but i dont feel comfortable telling the story.
Hopefully he comes home and gets over whatever happened.

{{{{HUGS!!}}}}}

dappledoxie
10-23-2004, 11:06 PM
I'm really sorry Robyn, I know how stuff like that can make you feel, luckily for me, my father only lived with my mother and me while I was just a baby, she kicked him out shortly after, she couldn't handle his drinking. To this day, my dad still drinks, and he makes big scenes and so on. I really hope that everything is ok, hopefully it was just a bad day and tomorrow will be better like others have said too. I'm praying for you dear.

trayi52
10-23-2004, 11:09 PM
Sorry, you are having to go through this. I have never gone through this except with friends. Best advice is just what you have heard here.

We're here if you need us.

Willie

RobiLee
10-23-2004, 11:15 PM
{{{{Great Big Hugs For You, Robyn}}}}

You've gotten some good advice. Hopefully it will blow over soon and everything will get worked out. We care about you and you know you can come here and talk to us any time you need to. Feel free to pm me if you just need to talk or vent.

Hugs...Robin

DogLover9501
10-23-2004, 11:46 PM
You guys are really great, thank you all so much!

It's been nearly another hour, my nan, mom and I drove around some more, I didn't want to stay here again just incase he came home...

I learned some stuff about my dad tonight that I really didn't want to learn...

I don't think I'm going to sleep at all tonight

Again thank you guys so much, it's so nice to have so many amazing people here for me, you all will never know how much you've helped.

slick
10-24-2004, 12:24 AM
Robyn, I'm so sorry. He must have gone to someone's place to sleep overnight and I'm praying that he will return home tomorrow. Please try not to worry. I'm up for another hour if you need to talk.

BCBlondie
10-24-2004, 01:15 AM
Omg I'm so sorry.. :( That must be really hard on you. I really hope you guys find your dad and that everything will be okay!!

**hugs**
<3

If you need someone to talk to, I'm always available.
My AIM: LinkinPdeeviL
Email: [email protected]

Take care, and please try to get some sleep. And give hugs to your pups (and kitties!).. they'll make you feel better. :)

CathyBogart
10-24-2004, 02:26 AM
*Hugs* My dad used to be like that a lot. I dealt with it by staying in my room with the animals, a set of headphones, and lots of books to read/other distracting stuff to do.

I hope things are looking up tomorrow. I'll be up for awhile too, if you want to talk to someone.

DogLover9501
10-24-2004, 02:58 AM
Well it's 5:28am, he's still not back...

Im finally heading to bed.

Thanks again guys, you all helped alot!

CathyBogart
10-24-2004, 03:09 AM
Sleep well!

DogLover9501
10-24-2004, 03:21 AM
5:50am and still not sleeping :(

Piddle was crying and I went out to see why and my mom was gone, ugh, what a night!!

I hope things get back to normal soon :(

CathyBogart
10-24-2004, 03:23 AM
:-/

*hug*

guster girl
10-24-2004, 03:32 AM
If you're still up and need to chat, I'm up. I'm sorry you and your family is going through this. :(

popcornbird
10-24-2004, 04:08 AM
Oh Robyn, I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. :( How scary. {{{hugs}}}

I agree with everyone...stay out of the family's way until things calm down. Hope tomorrow will be better. If you need to talk, feel free to PM me.

delidog
10-24-2004, 04:23 AM
Robin,
I am sooo sorry that you have to deal with this....

I do agree with the others...Get Jasper,Piddle and your cats,Get some books,music,computer...whatever you are comfortable with...and just keep to your self...in your room....bring jasper and piddles leashes with you,so when they have to go out,you hitch them up In your room,and go from Point A to Point B...

Let the "Adults" deal with each Other....and stay out of their way...

Let us Know how you are doing!!!

DogLover9501
10-24-2004, 08:23 AM
Thanks again guys {{{Hugs}}}

I woke up around 10:30am, and Jasper was shivering, and then I heard my dad yelling again...so I guess he's back :rolleyes:

Part of me was really liking the peace and quiet last night.

I just want things to get back to normal :(

Katiesmom
10-24-2004, 08:28 AM
(((hugs)))) I hope everything gets better, just stay in your room til everything passes:( :)

HoRsELUvR
10-24-2004, 09:22 AM
Im so sorry you have to go through all of this. I agree that you shouldn't get too involved.Just keep to yourself until everything calms down a little.I hope everything gets better for you soon.

slick
10-24-2004, 09:27 AM
You haven't mentioned any siblings, so I guess you are an only child? What is your relationship like with your parents? Has this ever happened before? I'm wondering if, after things calm down, you could talk to them and tell them how scared you were. Maybe if they realized how much this effects you they might to try work out their differences in other ways. Just a thought.

More {{{HUGS}}} on the way.

slick
xo

DogLover9501
10-24-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by slick
You haven't mentioned any siblings, so I guess you are an only child? What is your relationship like with your parents? Has this ever happened before? I'm wondering if, after things calm down, you could talk to them and tell them how scared you were. Maybe if they realized how much this effects you they might to try work out their differences in other ways. Just a thought.

More {{{HUGS}}} on the way.

slick
xo

Yes..I'm an only child.

My relationship with my mom is really good, and she already knows that Im scared of my dad when he yells and gets like that because I've always been, and I grew up being scared so it stayed with me.

My relationship with my dad isn't really that good, most days I don't really talk to him, but he doesn't talk to me either so...

Things are quiet so Im guessing my dad has either left again or is in bed or something, I think Im finally going to go out to the bathroom...

Thank you all so much, this would have been alot harder without you guys.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

NoahsMommy
10-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about how your family is right now. I agree with the others, that its best to just steer clear of that stuff.

We're all here if you need us.

Take care. :)

cookieluver7
10-24-2004, 12:42 PM
I'm sorry that you are going through such a tough time. Try not to listen to what your mom and dad are saying. You would probably feel better if you didn't know what was going on. Stay out of your mom's way and let her be alone for awhile. If you have a brother or sister, talk with them and spend a lot of time with them. You can make it through this tough tim I know you can. You are in my thoughts and prayers.:(

DogLover9501
10-24-2004, 12:44 PM
Well it's 3pm...

I have been out of my room once today, to go to the bathroom.

About an hour or more ago, my dad opened my door and asked me if I was comming out to get dinner or something :confused:, I just said no...

Things have remained quiet so I hope everythings starting to get normal again.

bluekat
10-24-2004, 12:53 PM
I'm so sorry Robyn..:( {{{hugs}}} I really don't know what to say than to just stay in your room out of the way until everything gets better.

If you ever need to talk, feel free to send me a PM:)

slick
10-24-2004, 12:59 PM
Robyn:
I'm trying to image what it must be like. My upbringing was a very peaceful and happy one and I honestly don't recall hearing Mom and Dad yell at each other at all. Just reading your posts I can feel the tension in the air. Must be very uncomfortable. I pray that things get better for you.:(

BCBlondie
10-24-2004, 01:06 PM
Robyn:
I'm trying to image what it must be like. My upbringing was a very peaceful and happy one and I honestly don't recall hearing Mom and Dad yell at each other at all. Just reading your posts I can feel the tension in the air. Must be very uncomfortable. I pray that things get better for you.:(
Aw, you're so lucky!

Robyn, I'm glad things are starting to settle down. Any idea why your dad was yelling so much? :confused:
Sorry you don't have too great of a relationship with your dad... I can relate to a lot that you're going through.. :( I really hope it won't happen again... maybe your mom can talk to him? About his yelling and stuff, and try to calm him down.. I hope things get better for ya!
**hugs**

petslover
10-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Hey I hate to hear whats going on with your family. It must be hard. I am putting you all in my prayers. Just be sure to update us to make sure everything is ok. If you need to talk anymore just [email protected]. just let me know i know everyone here is here for u.

Kfamr
10-24-2004, 02:41 PM
I know how you feel completely, Robyn.

{{HUGS}}
If you'd like to talk about anything.. i'm just a PM away.

Miranda_Rae
10-24-2004, 02:45 PM
I'm sorry things are not going well for you at your house. :( :( I wish I was there to give you a big hug but since I am not, heres one "electronically" {{{{{HUGS}}}}}. i hope things get better. :) Cuddle with your puppers, and kitters. :)

puppyluvs
10-24-2004, 10:27 PM
Lots of prayers & hugs coming your way !!!

FizzGiggs_Mommy
10-25-2004, 10:32 AM
Sorry I have not posted sooner. I too had to go thorught something simalar with my parents when I was growing up. I am happy to hear everything is quieting down at your home and returning to normal

Tonya
10-25-2004, 10:42 AM
I am sorry to hear that you are going through that. That was how it was for me when I was growing up. I hope that things get better for you. (((hugs)))

sirrahbed
10-25-2004, 10:45 AM
How are things today Robyn??? ((((HUGS))))

DogLover9501
10-25-2004, 11:24 AM
Thanks again everyone, you are all SO great!

Things have been quiet here for a while, but I haven't really been out of my room, I did finally get some "supper" last night when everyone was in bed.

I haven't seen my mom since Saturday night, but my dad will be going on a bus run soon...

Thank you all again, you guys are the only people who got me through all of this, because like I said--I haven't seen anyone else!

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

sirrahbed
10-25-2004, 10:10 PM
Hey girl! Let us know how you are doing OK??

slick
10-25-2004, 10:32 PM
Well Robyn you are about 4 hrs ahead of me so I'm praying that you are getting a good night's sleep now. Please check in tomorrow and let us know how you are.

slick
10-27-2004, 03:58 PM
Robyn, please check in. How are things?

DogLover9501
10-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Things are a little better I guess, but not completely normal. I basically just feel like I don't know my dad anymore...

Thanks again guys, your all so great!

slick
10-28-2004, 01:53 PM
You mentioned that you were pretty close to your Mom. Have you and she talked about this yet? Just wondering if it might help.

DogLover9501
10-28-2004, 04:15 PM
You mentioned that you were pretty close to your Mom. Have you and she talked about this yet? Just wondering if it might help.

No we haven't, we are close in one way, but we don't really talk about things.

Debbie and I have been PMing back and forth, however, and she has helped alot!

So has everyone :)

Thanks again