PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here

Diane FG
10-23-2004, 05:35 PM
Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Diane and I live in Massachusetts. I have 2 greyhounds, 2 italian greyhounds and 2 ferrets.

I hope this is the right place for an introduction, I'm looking forward to hearing about everyones pets. Can never get enough doggie stories :)

Karen
10-23-2004, 05:38 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! I'm in Massachusetts, too - as you can see under my name. My name is Karen, I'm one of the moderators here, and my current pet is Miss Hoppy, my bunny. That's her in my avatar.

primabella
10-23-2004, 05:38 PM
Hi Diane, welcome. :) My name is Liana and I'm owned by two birds and a Sheltie puppy (as you can see in my sig). Hope to see some pictures of your pets soon. :)

micki76
10-23-2004, 05:39 PM
Welcome! I love Greys, IGs, & Ferts! We'd love to see pics! :D

My two pups are in my siggy, plus I have a Betta fish & a snail.

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-23-2004, 05:40 PM
Hi, welcome to PT! I hope you enjoy being here, this really is a great place:D I can't wait to here all about your pets ad see lots of pictures of them too:D I am owned by all the dogs you can see in my sig, Echo is a 4yr Rottweiler, Tango is a 1yr Duck Toller/Border Collie and Tia is a 5yr mini Dachshund.

tatsxxx11
Welcome Diane! I live in MA too, on the Cape! So happy to welcome you and your crew to Pet Talk! I'm Sandra, owned by 2 pups, Star and Cody, 2 kitties Mr. B and Oliver and 2 guinea pigs, Moon and Rosie:)

KYS
Welcome to Pet Talk. :)

I am loved by Sheba, Rocky and Pepper.

K9soul
10-23-2004, 05:42 PM
A big warm http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/GIFS/welcome_010.gif to you Diane, I'm so glad you decided to join and introduce yourself. I'd love to see some pics of your furkids and I sure hope you enjoy it here at Pet Talk!

Diane FG
10-23-2004, 05:44 PM
What a nice welcome :) Thanks everyone. I'll get working on posting some pictures!

tatsxxs11 - I live about 2 miles from the Sagamore Bridge, I'm in South Plymouth :) I work in Boston, so I've got quite the commute everyday :rolleyes:

Diane FG
10-23-2004, 05:54 PM
Hope I did this right! On Greytalk we can't remote link to Webshots, so I went this route :)

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=28925075 (My greys & ferrets)

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto&albumID=175484691&photoID=175485937&security=AFtjNC (My IG Penny)

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto&albumID=175484691&photoID=175486089&security=wzPNmr (My IG Sassy)

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto&albumID=175484691&photoID=175488095&security=ubNzdT (Goods (my grey) and Penny (my IG) hanging out)

DogLover9501
10-23-2004, 06:01 PM
Hey, welcome to PT!

I'm Robyn and I'm owned by all the pets in my sig!

molucass
10-23-2004, 06:04 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! :)

My name is Cori.
My 3 furkids and I live in Texas. I am owned my 3 dogs. Bandit (A Pit bull/boston terrier mix), Annie (1/2 dachshund, 1/2 pug), and Bailee (3/4 dachshund, 1/4 pug)!
I currently live with my mom and she has 1 dog named Molly, and 3 cats named Lilly, Lucy & Angel.

GraciesMommy
10-23-2004, 06:15 PM
Welcome to PT...hang around and you will see how great every one is~
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/pamelagraves/leaves.gif

My Gracie will be 5 months old Monday...she is a yorkie poo

shutterbug0303
10-23-2004, 06:54 PM
Howdy and Hello there, Diane and pups...and ferrets! :D I'm Judy and owned by Chloe (pap-mix), Venus (dob), and Sahara (great dane in my sig). I hope you'll find Pet Talk a great place to share and read about other pets! I've only been here less than a month and I'm already addicted! :D Everyone is so great here! Can't wait to see your babies.

By the way...I couldn't access any of your photos that you attempted to post. When you're submitting a post, you can put photos from your computer as attachments. There is a spot where you can add one onto a comment. If you want more info as to how to place photos into your actual message, just let any of us know, and we'll help you out! Again, big welcomes!

Uabassoon
10-23-2004, 07:12 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! I hope we get to see some pictures soon! Greyhounds and I.G.s are such beautiful dogs! I also love ferrets, they are cute and have such great personalities.

I'm owned by two cats, Tibby and Corkscrew and a rat named Mokey.

I look forward to hearing more about you and your pets.

LorraineO
10-23-2004, 08:17 PM
Welcome to PT.. I am mommy to 2 fur babies,, LucyBelle, dobie am staff cross and Merlin.. mystery mix at this point!

sammy101
10-23-2004, 09:02 PM
hi welcome to Pet Talk!
im Sam,and i am owned my one dog and a cat.the two dogs in my sig are my RB ones:(

This is Kodie,im not 100% sure what he is,but he has Lab/Rottweiler/Hound.he's 15 months old
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/canadiansam5127/kodiecollar.jpg

BitsyNaceyDog
10-23-2004, 09:52 PM
Hi and welcome. I'm Kari, I have 4 dogs too, they are a pomeranian, a miniature pinscher, a chihuahua, and a pug. I also have many other pets. I had a ferret, but she died due to the adrenal gland disease.

Where your greyhounds rescues? My friend has a whippet and is looking into rescuing a greyhound. I can't wait to hear more about them. We don't have hardly any sight hounds here at pet talk, if any.

shais_mom
10-23-2004, 10:11 PM
a big welcome to you!
:)

I look forward to hearing about your babies! I have a soft spot for greyhounds. :cool: My heart dog was a fawn greyhound that I had for 2 years....... She was my everything. I miss her everyday.
I am currently owned by a 3 year old Golden Retriever named Keegan and 2 kitties, Kylie and Kloe.

senorita02
10-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Hi there , welcome. And no we cant get enough doggie stories. :D

LW_Aussies4me
10-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Welcome Diane! I just joined here too...I'm Am_04 on Greytalk!

MariaM
10-23-2004, 11:05 PM
Welcome to PetTalk! I am Maria and am owned by Major, you can see him in my sig! Glad you decided to join!

slick
10-23-2004, 11:40 PM
Hi Diane and welcome to this community. I'm sure you will find this board to be a good source of information and support.

I'm owned by two cats but I love all animals and visit the dog and pet side as much as possible.

wolf_Q
10-24-2004, 12:35 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

Kfamr
10-24-2004, 01:50 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Diane!
My name is Kay and I'm slave of three mutts -
Simba a soon to be 7 year old Shepherd/Pit mix
Nala a 1 year old Lab/? mix
and Kiara a 6-7 month old Rottie/? mix

Pet Talk is very addictive, so watch out! :p

manda99
10-24-2004, 05:33 AM
WELCOME!
My name is Amanda and I am lucky enough to have a wonderful pitbull named Smokey. He'll be 3 in February.
I'm interested in ferrets because I am originally from California where they are illegal. I hope to read lots of stories about them.

Cincy'sMom
10-24-2004, 08:12 AM
Welcome Diane!!

My nameisAmy, and I am owned by 3 mutts...Sadie, a lab/Dal mix; Cincy a lab mix andSpot, a Dal mix.

Diane FG
10-24-2004, 08:17 AM
Edited to say: Sorry, I tried to use the quote feature, but didn't get it right.

"I had a ferret, but she died due to the adrenal gland disease."

I'm sorry to hear that. I lost 2 ferrets to adrenal. I only adopt through rescues, and I only adopt seniors. My first 2 ferrets were found in a dumpster in their cage, no food, no water and the cage was filled with feces :( It took them some time to trust me, but when the decided I was ok, they were the most loving pets :) I really miss them.

"Where your greyhounds rescues? My friend has a whippet and is looking into rescuing a greyhound. "

I adopted my two straight off track, they weren't seniors then, they were 4, they're 9 now :) Couple of sweet old men. Very sweet and gentle, they get bossed around by the IGs all the time
:rolleyes: My greys weigh about 90 pounds and my IGs weigh about 8 pounds, its pretty comical to watch the big boys give into the little IGs :lol

My IGs came to me through rescue, both abused, both senior females. We are Penny's 9th and final home, she came to me with no fur down her back, the vet did a blood panel and said everything was fine, it was diagnosed as stress. Sassy was dropped off at rescue at the age of 10 when her family decided she was too old and they wanted a puppy. How sad. Everyone lives happily together now :)

I also have a betta fish named Sammy :)

Diane FG
10-24-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by LW_Aussies4me
Welcome Diane! I just joined here too...I'm Am_04 on Greytalk!

:wave Hi! :) Glad to see some migrants from GT! :cool:

micki76
10-24-2004, 09:23 AM
Darn, can't see any of the pics. :(

I'd expect no less than for the IG's to be in control. Little dog syndrome! My Chester has a bad case of it himself! :D