PDA

View Full Version : IS this weird behavior?

Palomino21
10-23-2004, 05:23 PM
Several years ago my sister and I found an abandoned litter of very small kittens. There were five of them and they were all taking turns trying to nurse one of the kittens, their sibling in the same litter. We took them all in and cared for them and as they grew older, they still tried to nurse that same kitten even as adults. We'd stop them and eventually they stopped. Is that weird or what?

Annie

kimlovescats
10-23-2004, 05:48 PM
Not at all, all kittens have a need to suckle, and will take what they can get. My Tabitha still sucks our earlobes! :D

catnapper
10-23-2004, 05:53 PM
No, Pouncer still likes to suck my fingers, though usually it turns into biting.

catmandu
10-24-2004, 12:57 PM
If,they do not have the normal suckling,that they get from,thier Mothers,then it is normal,for them,to use anything,even each other! Scarppy used mr,for years!

LaRana
10-28-2004, 10:49 AM
My Bengal cat's mom was a Snow Bengal. She had a litter of 6 kittens and only 1 of them was a Snow Bengal. When she weaned them and separated them from their mom, the kittens would constantly nurse on the snow bengal KITTEN! I guess they attributed their mom's looks with food. Perhaps those kittens are nursing on the kitten that looks most like their mommy too :)