PDA

View Full Version : Poor Emerson!!! :(

Cookiebaker
10-23-2004, 06:34 AM
And Poor MALONE. (He was dry-heaving)

The boyz slept in their crate last night, and this morning I woke up to Emerson yowling (which he never does). I jumped out of bed and threw my robe on, but I was too late.

He had diahhrea EVERYWHERE! :eek: The Smell is sooo horrible.

Does anyone know how to get that smell out??? You can smell it EVERYwhere and spray just doesn't mask it.

I'm very worried because he's sick. I'm hoping his system is just out of wack or something.

I'm off to give to dog-baths this morning.

Kfamr
10-23-2004, 06:49 AM
Ack!
Poor boys!

Maybe they just got into something while you were sleeping?
I have no clue how to but hopefully you get that smell out! YUCK!

I woke up to Kiara throwing up.... ON MY BED!!
Luckily, once I heard it, I jumped up, picked her up, and was quick enough to put her on the floor an a towel in front of her.
Now she's sleeping soundly on my pillows while I can't fall back to sleep again. :rolleyes: :p

Gice those boys a hug from me.... of course after they're good smelling again!:p

LorraineO
10-23-2004, 07:17 AM
oh dear!!!! Poor Emmerson,,,,,, hows he feeling now? could be something he ate yesterday.....now,, the smell,,,, sprinkle baking soda on the area,, lots of it and let it sit for abit,, that might help,,,,,, if it makes no difference,,, maybe try Natures Miracle? It get out strong smells like urine,,, maybe that will do the trick? Read the directions tho,,, its not good for dogggies to get into ,, its gotta be dry!!!!!!

LorraineO
10-23-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr

I woke up to Kiara throwing up.... ON MY BED!!
Luckily, once I heard it, I jumped up, picked her up, and was quick enough to put her on the floor an a towel in front of her.
Now she's sleeping soundly on my pillows while I can't fall back to sleep again. :rolleyes: :p

and hows poor sweet Kiara doing now?????

chocolatepuppy
10-23-2004, 07:32 AM
Poor Emerson:( Poor you too! Hopefully it's just one of those things and he's ok.

Pam
10-23-2004, 07:58 AM
Wow! It's strange that both he and Malone are having tummy problems. I hope it is nothing serious. The people who clean our office use a product called Simple Orange (I think that's the name). When I come in the office after it has been cleaned all I can smell is orange for quite a while. I would open the windows to air things out a bit (unfortunately you may need to put on a coat to do that these days! HA!) and maybe pick up some Simple Orange. Please keep us posted on Malone and Emmers. :(

shutterbug0303
10-23-2004, 08:08 AM
Poor kids are sick!!! Hope everyone is feeling better: Emerson, Malone, and Kiara!!! Love to everyone! Good luck on the pup baths, and the smell...eeewww! hehe :)

Cookiebaker
10-23-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Pam
Wow! It's strange that both he and Malone are having tummy problems.

Oh, Malone is OK. (sorry about the confusion!) He was in the crate, too, and gagging at the smell, drooling profusely, and all upset. :(

Everything is all cleaned up (except the kitchen floor that needs to get scrubbed) and the boyz smell nice again.

What a morning. This has completely ruined our Saturday. :(

primabella
10-23-2004, 10:21 AM
Yikes, poor boy. :( I hope he's alright.

I don't know about masking the smell.. one time Mickey pooped in his crate and dug it up so there was poop EVERYWHERE. It was awful. We just put baby powder everywhere and the smell eventually went away because of all the cleansers we had to use to get the walls cleaned again. :p

Hope the boys feel better.

tatsxxx11
10-23-2004, 10:30 AM
Oh gosh, poor Emerson:( We've been through such a scenario a a time or two. All you can do is clean the area as best you can, open the windows to air out the room and give it time. Hopefully it was all done on a hard surface, not carpeting. It may take a while, but eventually the smell will go away:( Nature's Miracle makes a prouduct that great at eliminating pet odors. Hope all the ailing pupsters are feeling better very soon!

Aspen and Misty
10-23-2004, 10:33 AM
I would open up ALL the windows in the house for the day. Go and visit your friends cause it'll probly get cold in there. But thats what I would do.

I hope he feels better soon :(

Ashley

trayi52
10-23-2004, 10:36 AM
Poor Emerson, I hope he is feeling better. Please keep us updated and let us know how he is doing.

Willie

greysandmoregreys
10-23-2004, 11:35 AM
There is a product at Sam's (if you have those around you) that is called Odo Ban. Works wonderfully on clearing up the stinkys.

Sorry that your boy isn't feeling well and hope it passes quickly and he's back to his chipper self :)

K9soul
10-23-2004, 12:01 PM
Poor Emmers :( I sure hope he's feeling better soon. I know how very worried you must be.

ChrisH
10-23-2004, 02:45 PM
Poor Emerson :( I hope he's feeing better soon.

*LabLoverKEB*
10-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Oh, poor sweet Emerson! I am so sorry, Anna! You poor thing, Emerson! I hope Emerson feels much better very, very soon! I hope you have a better day tomorrow, Anna!:) Keep smiling!;)

shais_mom
10-23-2004, 10:17 PM
poor guys.

Toothpaste or mouthwash works great too. Keegan had diarrhea in her crate after she was spayed and I scrubbed it out with a scrubbrush and cheap toothpaste and it worked like a charm.

wolf_Q
10-24-2004, 12:01 AM
Oh poor Emerson. :( I hope he's feeling better soon! Have you tried Naturals Miracle? I've used it to clean up a few nasty messes and it has worked great...taken out the stain and the smell!

Becki
10-24-2004, 12:09 AM
I hope he is feeling better tonight.

CathyBogart
10-24-2004, 02:42 AM
Try Nature's Miracle or Microbe Lift for the smell. Feel better puppy!! :(

Cookiebaker
10-24-2004, 07:36 PM
More Bad News.

Emerson has had diaherria twice in the house today. First time in the kitchen (easy to clean up) and second time in the den in his little crate, and it all got in the carpet. Eww eww eww. Besides that, he has also had it three times outside.

I am so worried about my little boy. We've called the vet, and he's on pepto bismol, and boiled rice/burger.

He's still happy-go-lucky (that's the kind of guy he is :) ) and bouncing around with lots of energy. But it just kills me inside to watch him strain & strain trying to get it out. :( I just wish it was me suffering & not him. :(

If he's not better by tomorrow, I'm going to call our regular vet and see if they want him in.

Please send some good thoughts our way that Emerson will be all better by tomorrow.

trayi52
10-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Poor Emerson, I am sending good thoughts and lots of prayers to Emerson and to you, Anna.

Willie

Cookiebaker
10-25-2004, 07:35 PM
I'm so happy to report better news tonight! :) Emerson is almost back to normal (I've never been so happy to see a good poop! :o :D ) No more straining, and he's happy, and I'm happy.

Thanks again for all the well wishes and good thoughts. We appreciate them! :)

pitc9
10-26-2004, 07:35 AM
Oh Yes.... I (unfortunately) know that smell..... :o

Buddy once had explosive diaherria all over my basement.
It took a long time for that smell to go away 100%.

My hubby wouldn't go down the basement for a week!
(Boys can be such sissies!!!):p

But OMG... I have never smelt anything like that in my life, and I hope I never do again!

I'm glad to hear he's feeling much better!!

:D

anna_66
10-26-2004, 09:02 AM
Anna I'm glad to hear that Emerson is feeling better and the poos are normal:D

Hugs and kisses for both of your sweeties!

tatsxxx11
10-26-2004, 09:05 AM
I'm so happy to hear the poopies have firmed up, Anna:D I missed a day's update and was on a rollocoaster, reading the updates:) Hopefully sweetie Emerson continues to do well and the stinky smell fading;) Hugs to you Emerson from Sandra, Cody and Star:)

Logan
10-26-2004, 09:57 AM
So glad he's better, Anna!!!!! Whew!!!! :)

jenfer
10-26-2004, 05:10 PM
I am a bit late, but happy to hear the good news. Gigi did the same thing last week... in her crate and she skinned her nose because she wants to get out of it. It was horrible to do the clean up.