PDA

View Full Version : Classes for graphic design??

Cookiebaker
10-22-2004, 11:04 PM
Has anybody taken a class in graphic design?? More and more I would really like to take some professional classes on graphic design but I admit that I'm kinda scared.

I do quite a bit of design work at work (business cards, flyers, etc. etc) and now I have an on-going job of designing a church bulletin every single week. ANything I do, is completely self-taught.

The reason I'm scared is that I nearly flunked an art course in college. I wasn't "artsy" enough for my teacher, and he didn't like me. period. I know chances of that happening again are slim, but I'm scared to go out on a limb and be put in that position again.

Please share opionions/thoughts.

Katiesmom
10-22-2004, 11:33 PM
Well, this semester I am taking Business Presentations and next semester I am taking Multimedia Resources Integration...I like Business Presentations we use the Adobe Photoshop CS and yea I have to make flyers and all kinds of stuff in there and I think MM deals with Power point and stuff but not sure:)

BCBlondie
10-23-2004, 12:11 AM
Hmm.. Well, I just recently took a Flash MX class, learning how to do Flash animation. I don't necessarily think you need to be artistic. As long as you have good ideas and can think up of different designs, I think you should be fine. :)