PDA

View Full Version : Do you remember... (music)

Kfamr
10-22-2004, 06:29 PM
Do you remember the first time you heard your favorite musical artist?

I remember, hearing Nelly for the first time.
It was when he first released his Country Grammer Album..
My brother and I were just pulling out of Duniden Causeway. We had just gone out on our wave-runner. I immediately made him make me a copy of the CD when we came home and it's been an obsession ever since. :p

sirrahbed
10-22-2004, 06:56 PM
The first time I realized WHO my favorite artist was - it was video of Alison Krauss and Union Station (AKUS) doing a television concert last year. I was flipping channels and heard a bit of a familiar song, "Let Me Touch You For Awhile". I had heard her many times for many years singing with Nickel Creek and the Cox Family - then in some movies like The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood, Down From the Mountain, Cold Mountain and O Brother, Where Art Thou? I would recognize her voice and think: WOW! Until actually seeing her in that concert, I did not really know just who she was. But, I now do not think I have ever heard anyone with such talent as a songwriter, musician, or with such a beautiful voice. It is mostly her voice that is so amazing to me. It is clear, sweet and about as perfect as a female vocalist can be :) She is absolutely my very favorite musical artist.

MariaM
10-22-2004, 08:25 PM
Well, I don't really have a favorite artist/band, but I'll just use Avril Lavigne as an example.

Yes! I believe it was a few summer's ago, when I heard "Complicated" at my house. I liked it alot, so I went on the computer and went to her website...looked at pics...joined the message board...and yeah lol.

CountryWolf07
10-22-2004, 08:37 PM
Garth Brooks.

I was in my dad's car when I first heard his song on the radio - Two of the Kind, Working on a Full House. I went home and asked my dad if he had any of his CDs, and he had "No Fences", then ta da, I was instantly hooked and forever a fan! :D

sammy101
10-22-2004, 09:13 PM
The first time i heard " no doubt" was at a friends house,and i think they are one of my fav b/c they have such a variety of music,and i love the way everyone dresses in the band,and i love theyre music videos:)

manda_moo87
10-22-2004, 10:23 PM
Cher. :D

I can't honestly remember the very first time I heard her music but I remember when I was younger often hearing her and Sonny singing "I Got You Babe". And shortly after I actually began to learn about her from my Mom, she gave me a CD which had "Believe" on it... been hooked ever since.

Aspen and Misty
10-22-2004, 10:35 PM
I was sitting on the floor in my dad's bed room waching Chanel 33. A comerical came on asking you to buy this guys Cd. I've NEVER heard anyone sing like him. I was amazed and schocked, and couldn't take my eyes off of him!

Josh Groban :D I love him! :)

Ashley

EssTer
10-23-2004, 05:27 AM
At the moment my faveourite artsist is Avril Lavigne... I didnt use to listen her when she just came up with her music... Before two months I was working in cafe ( I still work there :D) and I heard song Happy Ending in radio... I thought - ummm... good song..and then we when we went to captial city I checked her new album, and I like it... really good music :) so I became Avril´´s fan :D

primabella
10-23-2004, 10:34 AM
The first time I heard Switchfoot was while watching 'A Walk to Remember' with my sister. When I found out that basically all of the music on the movie was from this band, I knew I had to look them up and got hooked. But I only really got into listening to all of their stuff when their new album was released and I knew I had to hear everything from them. :D

cookieluver7
10-23-2004, 12:44 PM
This is too hard for me to answer. I have so many favorite musicians... and so many favorite songs. Each song brings back memories of the good ol' days!!!;)