PDA

View Full Version : Cats and Halloween

PJ's Mom
10-22-2004, 02:15 PM
I don't know how many of you have cats that go outside, but if you do, do you make them stay in for Halloween?

Pumpkin goes outside sometimes, but during Halloween, I always make her stay in for the night. Hubby thinks I'm being overprotective, but I've heard of bad things happening to cats on that night, so it's better to be safe than sorry. :o

aly
10-22-2004, 02:52 PM
My cats all always stay inside only, but I shut the blinds TIGHTLY so no one can see them on Halloween. I get especially nervous because I have black cats, but I'm paranoid and overprotective too :o

catlover4ever
10-22-2004, 02:55 PM
My mom has 8 cats and she lets them outside if they are supervised....and yes she keeps them inside a week before and a week after halloween.

Palomino21
10-22-2004, 02:57 PM
I think Halloween can bring the scarier and mean side of people, we always kept our cats indoors.

Annie

catnapper
10-22-2004, 03:34 PM
The rescue I volunteer for won't adopt out any all black or all white cats the whole month of October! :eek: My kitties never go out and most definatly not Halloween!

lizzielou742
10-22-2004, 03:51 PM
Inside only! :)

Laura's Babies
10-22-2004, 03:55 PM
Mine never go outside anyway.. All my neighbors know I have cats because they are at the window all day "on view" while they watch the world go by and I have made sure most of them have come in and met Amy so they can see her, see how she walks and explain what is wrong with her so that IF she should ever accicently get out, they will reconize her, know she is NOT sick and notify me, my daughter or the vet so someone can come get her before some idiot, thinking she is sick hurts her!

But, if I had outside ones, I would have them inside for that night!

rg_girlca
10-22-2004, 08:21 PM
My cats are inside only. So no danger of anything happening to my babies.:)

catcrazylady
10-22-2004, 08:30 PM
My kitties are all strictly inside but if they weren't I would not let them out for awhile before or after halloween. There are too many sicko's out there!

Felicia's Mom
10-22-2004, 09:32 PM
My babies never go outside.

catmandu
10-23-2004, 08:58 AM
There are so few visitors,here,that I dont really bother,buying candy,as I end,up,getting stuck,with it,and I am diabetic!

lynnestankard
10-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Thank goodness that in the UK people don't normally re-act against black cats - over here they are considered Good Luck.

We do, however, have this darned thing called Bonfire Night on November 5th - it's terrifying for most cats and dogs and I'm glad to report responsible owners keep their pets indoors Trouble is we get fireworks being let off for weeks before this date so it's upsetting for pets.

Lynne