PDA

View Full Version : BJ,and Roadblock,have passed on

catmandu
10-22-2004, 08:21 AM
I noticed,taht BJ,The Gray Simaese,was struggling,for breath,and as I was getting,a Pet Cab,I went back,and he was gone! And then,the Vet called,and Roadblock,the Stray,taht I was going,to adopt,had FIP,and ulcerarted teeth,and had,to be Put Down.That,is a shock,losing two Cats,in a day! And BoBo,last night,was searching,for her Friend,who,is now,at the Rainbow Bridge,with Roadblock,meeting The Found Cat Angels!

catcrazylady
10-22-2004, 08:25 AM
OH NO Gary! I'm so sorry. Such a loss all at one time. Was BJ sick? Do you have any idea what happened to him?

Whatever happened I'm so sorry for your loss with BJ and I'm sorrier for poor Roadblock since he never got to live with you and the found cats and learn about love. This is all so sad.:( :(

Prayers are on the way Gary for you and the rest of the found kitties who will be missing BJ.

GodSpeed BJ and Roadblock. Play hard at the Bridge sweeties.

Laura's Babies
10-22-2004, 08:27 AM
Awww! Gary, I am so sorry! Two in one day has to be just the most terriable thing. Just remember, you did the best you could and they were safe for their final days. They knew someone cared! RIP babies, you will be missed!

nibblets
10-22-2004, 08:28 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Gary. My thoughts are with you and all the Found cats. :(

sirrahbed
10-22-2004, 08:31 AM
:( Oh Gary, I am sorry to hear about your losses. But, I am glad that BJ was able to live with you until the end. It is too bad that Bobo is unable to understand what has happened to her friend:( -but I know she will get plenty of comfort from her guardian.

mina'smomma
10-22-2004, 08:34 AM
I'm sooo sorry Gary. I send hugs from Mina and myself for your lose. We are sorry to hear of their passing.

catmandu
10-22-2004, 08:47 AM
BJ,I swear,never ever showed signs,of weight loss,or illness! He slept,most,of the time,and that morning,has his share,of thevTuna Fish,and seemed right,as rain.This is a shock,as he went so fast! The Vet.who looked,at him,said,that it was probably,a heart attack.At least,I got to say goodbye,and it is sad,that Roadblock,never got,to be a Found Cat!

catnapper
10-22-2004, 08:50 AM
Oh Gary, I am so sorry! I cannot imagine the pain of loosing two beloved cats in one day. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Roadblock was a found cat, even if he never had the opportunity to become an official one.

catfamily
10-22-2004, 09:53 AM
OH Gary..I am so so sorry for you loss.This is so heartbreaking to hear.My tears are with you.And if you need to talk,email me with you're phone# and I will call you in a heartbeat.This is a horrible shock for you since you did not expect it.I truly am sorry for your loss Gary.Know he had a loving home with you and appreciated all you did for him.I am praying for BJ's soul and to watch over you always.
Carla

catcrazylady
10-22-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
BJ,I swear,never ever showed signs,of weight loss,or illness! He slept,most,of the time,and that morning,has his share,of thevTuna Fish,and seemed right,as rain.This is a shock,as he went so fast! The Vet.who looked,at him,said,that it was probably,a heart attack.At least,I got to say goodbye,and it is sad,that Roadblock,never got,to be a Found Cat!

Oh Gary what a horrible thing to experience! That must have been such a terrible shock! I'm so very sorry but I am glad you were with BJ. I'm glad he was at home with you and his friends if he had to go so suddenly.
I'm at a loss for words Gary but please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Killearn Kitties
10-22-2004, 10:09 AM
I'm so sorry, Gary, to hear this awful news. What a shock for you. Rest in peace BJ and Roadblock with the rest of the cat angel army.

Take care of yourself Gary and give the rest of the cats big hugs!

Logan
10-22-2004, 12:27 PM
This is a sad day in Cat General. :( Gary, I am so sorry for your loss, as I am for what Carla is facing today with Kiki. :(

"Found Angels" is exactly what all 3 of them are today. :) What a beautiful thought.

Edwina's Secretary
10-22-2004, 12:39 PM
Gart.... godspeed to both BJ and Roadblock. BJ had the joy of life with you and all the cats at the hotel. I am sure BJ will show Rockblock the love and devotion you demonstrated so well....

jazzcat
10-22-2004, 12:44 PM
I'm so sorry Gary. What a shock and heartbreak.

Rest in Peace BJ and Roadblock. You will be missed.

Barbara
10-22-2004, 02:03 PM
I am so sorry to hear that. My co-worker lost one of her cats last year to a heart failure and it all happened in a quqrter of an hour:(

rosethecopycat
10-22-2004, 02:15 PM
So sorry for you to have to go through this, Gary.
Is BJ one of the cats pictured in your sig?

Godspeed to the bridge, BJ and Roadblock.

NKBurlington
10-22-2004, 03:31 PM
OMG, that's just terrible! I feel so badly for you and for the little fur baby in search of his friend.

How heartbreaking!

kimlovescats
10-22-2004, 04:44 PM
Oh Gary, how terribly sad!:( I know it was hard to lose BJ with no warning, but try to find comfort in the fact that he went fast and without suffering!

So sorry to hear of Roadblocks loss as well! :(

(((BIG HUGS))) to the Feeder and fellow Found Cats

Kim

slick
10-22-2004, 04:47 PM
I already posted in Cat Memorial, but I'll post another one here.
RIP sweeties. Gary, this must be so hard for you. I can't imagine losing two furbabies in one day.

{{{HUGS}}} and headbumpies from Max and Speckles to their Uncle Gary.

trayi52
10-22-2004, 04:58 PM
So sorry to hear of your two new losses in one day, Gary. That has to be very heartbreaking to have to go through.

Again, so sorry, Gary, my heart is with you and the found cats.

Willie

kt_luvs_kitties
10-22-2004, 05:04 PM
For you, the Found cats, and BJ and Roadblock. I hope that you can find peace in all of this sadness:( RIP BJ AND ROADBLOCK... :(

PayItForward
10-22-2004, 06:04 PM
Hugs to you Gary, to help you though this sad time.

I am so sorry BJ passed on to but it is good you had time to say goodbye and it sounded like he passed quickly. :(

Roadblock was an offical found cat as he had made it into your heart. He went to the bridge knowing he was loved and wanted by you. :(

You are a real life angel, Gary.

jazzzytina
10-22-2004, 08:26 PM
Gary, I'm sorry too, for your loss, especially so sudden and two in one day. That's more than anyone should have to bear. It is sad when another cat is looking for his/her "buddy" who's passed on - Vivi has been acting really strange since Pep passed, so I know how that is. You're such a good friend to cats, and to so many here at Pet Talk. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

Love, Tina

AbbyMom
10-22-2004, 08:32 PM
RIP little kitties. Wait for Gary at the RB. Hugs for gary.

rg_girlca
10-22-2004, 09:31 PM
Oh Gary, it is sad enough to loose one, but to loose two in one day is unbearable. My heart goes out to you.

Roadblock was a Found Cat Gary, in your heart.

Rest in Peace BJ & Roadblock
You were loved by the best and will never be forgotten.

DJFyrewolf36
10-22-2004, 09:33 PM
My heart and prayers are with you and the Found Cats tonight, Gary. :(

jenluckenbach
10-23-2004, 05:11 AM
I am SO sorry. What a terribly sad day. :(:( But they both had your love, and that is a gift in itself.

catmandu
10-23-2004, 08:31 AM
Thank You,for the Kind Words,and I know,that Roadblock,and BJ,appreciate them,as much,as I do.And now Roadblock,Gem,and Karina,all former Found Cat Porch Cats,are reunited,in a kinder,gentler world!

catmandu
10-24-2004, 01:07 PM
There is a new stray,I think,that he is the son,of Franklin,a Cat,that you might remember,that the Aniaml Welfare,and I rehomed last year! He,is excatly,the same color,and he is a dead ringer,for hid Dad!And I am going,to give him,a home here,and BJ,and Roadblock,will hopefully,be happy,for him.

catfamily
10-24-2004, 01:15 PM
I'm so happy to here you are taking in another beautiful cat.Your so kind.I'm wondering how many you have now.I'm at 10 but it's very roomy and all quiet here.(until they play with the turbo toy..haha).I love this house with all 10 cats.I've never been happier.It feels so good to take them in and see them change into happy relaxed cats.
We have play time after supper every night.

christa
10-24-2004, 01:17 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Gary! I know how hard it is to loose one . . . I can't even imagine going through this pain twice in one day.

Hang in there Gary . . . Just like human life, we should cherish every second that we have with our loved ones because we never know when their time will come.

Prayers to you.

sirrahbed
10-24-2004, 01:18 PM
You are such a sweetheart Gary!! How is Bobo doing after losing BJ? Has she still been looking for him? I am glad to hear that the Found Cats Hotel is still actively in business with this possible son of Franklin:) What a haven for these kitties. Take care.

catmandu
10-25-2004, 09:38 AM
BoBo,and Rocca,are still searching,the premise,for thier lost Pal,although,I think,that they are losing hope,quickly!And,taht is the first time,when BJ,passed,on,that I ahve had the sad task,of handling a Cat,taht is no longer alive,as the Other Found Cats,were taken,to The Vets,to,be put,to sleep.I wrapped poor BJ,in a blanket,and then a plastic bag,and called the SPCA,who picked him,up.When I wanted,the blanket,to go.with BJ,she said,What For,hes dead!

catfamily
10-25-2004, 09:55 AM
How sad she said that."what for he's dead"Some people just need more training in grief stricken parents.Sorry that happened to you.And sorry you had that sad task of handling BJ's body.I'm sure he's greatful to you for that last departing touch.

catmandu
10-25-2004, 09:59 AM
I just thought,tahtnhe should have his blanket,taht he loved,in life! I am glad,now,that I didnt mention,his favorite little toy!

sirrahbed
10-25-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
.When I wanted,the blanket,to go.with BJ,she said,What For,hes dead!
Oh Gary - that was really a heartless thing for her to say to you! I am sorry you had to hear that:( She just has no idea about what grief for our cat-friends is like. I am also sorry that this was your first time having to handle the body of your cat friend. I brought my RB Bert home from the vet after having him PTS and it was also an odd feeling to hold his body. But, like you, I wrapped him carefully in a blanket that he liked, then back in the plastic bag - and my son dug a hole in the yard to bury him in. The favorite toy is something I did not think of - how very sweet!! Some people just will never understand. I just did not want him in that bag like a piece of garbage!!! But I thank you for giving love to BJ both in life and death!! I hope BoBo and Rocca get back to normal very soon. ((((HUGS)))))

RICHARD
10-25-2004, 11:52 AM
Prayers and thoughts to you.....

:(

ramanth
10-25-2004, 12:09 PM
:( I'm so sorry.

koxka
10-25-2004, 12:58 PM
I'm very sorry Gary to hear the lost of BJ and Roadblock.:(

My though are with you.