PDA

View Full Version : Shaun of the Dead and Team America

guster girl
10-21-2004, 09:59 PM
Ok, I put this here in the Dog House, because Team America: World Police can be taken as a really offensive film. I, personally, haven't laughed that hard in a long time. It is absolutely hysterical, albeit tasteless. If you're into stupid humor, you really must watch it. Every single person in the theater, at some point, came out of their seat, they were laughing so hard. It's completely ridiculous, but, I loved it!

Shaun of the Dead is equally as funny, but, not as stupid. ;) It's pretty silly in parts, but, it actually had some heartwarming moments, I thought. The two main characters are fantastic, and, I think they did a great job making you care about them! I laughed crazy hard in the first 30 or 40 minutes, just watching the main character go through his daily life. Anyway, just curious if anyone else has seen either film.

Uabassoon
10-21-2004, 10:21 PM
I saw Shaun of the Dead a while ago and really enjoyed it.

lizzielou742
10-21-2004, 11:09 PM
:( I heard Team America was really funny, but I can't see it. I am 23 years old and puppets (and Claymation) still give me nightmares. I'm such a dork, but I can't help it. :(

christa
10-22-2004, 08:25 AM
I can't wait to see Team America . . . it's finally on here (a week late) and I think we'll see it tomorrow.

I heard that they had to edit out a few scenes from Team America just so it could be Rated R and not NC-17!!! Puppet sex scenes or something . . . is it that bad? LOL I can't wait to see it!

I've only seen a few Shaun of the Dead clips . . . my husband is absolutly dying to see it!!! He loves zombie movies so he's pretty excited about this one. It hasn't come on here yet though. Ashland is pretty picky about what movies they bring for some reason. So we just wait patiently!

guster girl
10-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by christa
I can't wait to see Team America . . . it's finally on here (a week late) and I think we'll see it tomorrow.

I heard that they had to edit out a few scenes from Team America just so it could be Rated R and not NC-17!!! Puppet sex scenes or something . . . is it that bad? LOL I can't wait to see it!

I've only seen a few Shaun of the Dead clips . . . my husband is absolutly dying to see it!!! He loves zombie movies so he's pretty excited about this one. It hasn't come on here yet though. Ashland is pretty picky about what movies they bring for some reason. So we just wait patiently!

Honestly, I don't know what they had to take out to make it only rated r, but, there's still a sex scene, and, short of showing actual parts (they do show boobs), the scene is really racy. It's shockingly funny, though, and, you're either going to be completely repulsed or you're going to laugh your socks off! I wasn't repulsed. :)

I LOVED Shaun of the Dead, and, I'm not a zombie fan at all. BUt, it's fantastic, definitely go see it asap! :)

Twisterdog
10-22-2004, 05:50 PM
My son saw Team America ... he said it was absolutely hilarious ... but, he's a thirteen year old boy. :p I think I'll pass.

guster girl
10-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
My son saw Team America ... he said it was absolutely hilarious ... but, he's a thirteen year old boy. :p I think I'll pass.

Well, I'm a 28 year old woman, and, I loved it. ;) But, it is definitely not for everyone.

Cincy'sMom
10-22-2004, 09:18 PM
I want to see Team America...but I think I'll wait and rent it. I can't rationalize spending $10/person to see puppets :)

christa
10-22-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by guster girl
. . . you're either going to be completely repulsed or you're going to laugh your socks off!

It takes a lot to repluse me! LOL I can't wait to see it!

guster girl
10-23-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by christa
It takes a lot to repluse me! LOL I can't wait to see it!

Well, there's a lot in this movie. ;) The puking scene is my personal favorite.

senorita02
10-24-2004, 12:12 PM
My boyfriend is begging me to see Team America with him, and i have refused, but after this post i might actually go with him now, i guess its a free movie & popcorn even if i dont laugh , :D

ILoveReptiles
10-24-2004, 12:19 PM
I saw Team America with my BF this past week, and we were both laughing so hard we nearly wet our pants!

It was AWESOME!

I also saw Farenheit 9/11... what an eye opener THAT movie was. Also a must-see.

doggylovr6
10-24-2004, 12:34 PM
I saw team america, OMG it was so funny, i saw it with my mom and sister! I was practically not breathing in that theater. if anyone hasnt seen that movie, they shud sooner or later. or at least rent it out. its hilarious. two thumbs up. a 10(lol)

andrea

guster girl
10-24-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by senorita02
My boyfriend is begging me to see Team America with him, and i have refused, but after this post i might actually go with him now, i guess its a free movie & popcorn even if i dont laugh , :D

As long as you're open minded, take it with a grain of salt, and, aren't expecting rocket science, it'll make you laugh. ;)

Nomilynn
10-24-2004, 01:37 PM
I saw Shaun of the Dead last night. What a HORRIBLE movie! :p It barely passed as entertaining :p I've never seen so many people get up and walk out of a theatre. Or fall asleep hah! It was bad in that really cheesy kind of way - I think I heard pretty much everyone leaving say that they thought it was terrible lol.

guster girl
10-24-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
I saw Shaun of the Dead last night. What a HORRIBLE movie! :p It barely passed as entertaining :p I've never seen so many people get up and walk out of a theatre. Or fall asleep hah! It was bad in that really cheesy kind of way - I think I heard pretty much everyone leaving say that they thought it was terrible lol.

Wow! I've heard a couple people say that they didn't like the film, but, everyone leaving the theater both times I saw it, had mostly good things to say! I loved it! :)

carole
10-24-2004, 02:51 PM
There is a horror movie called Dawn of the Dead, about zombies etc, I guess I am confused, is this a different movie altogether,must be.

dukedogsmom
10-24-2004, 02:57 PM
That's the first bad review of Shaun of the Dead that I've seen. That's out of about 30 people. I saw the previews and really want to see it. Looks hilarious.

guster girl
10-24-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by carole
There is a horror movie called Dawn of the Dead, about zombies etc, I guess I am confused, is this a different movie altogether,must be.

It's a satirical comedy based on the dawn of the dead movie. It's british. :) There was also a remake of dawn of the dead, too. i didn't see it, though. i think it was in the last couple years, but, i could be wrong.

guster girl
10-24-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
That's the first bad review of Shaun of the Dead that I've seen. That's out of about 30 people. I saw the previews and really want to see it. Looks hilarious.

The handful of bad reviews I've heard was that the humor was too dry. I don't know, though, I love British comedy. :)

carole
10-24-2004, 04:31 PM
Thanks for putting me in the picture, I was getting might confused here, Dawn of the Dead has just been released for hire here in the video shops, I guess it will be the remake.

If its a British comedy, I would probably love it, I must look out for it and see it if possible.

Nomilynn
10-24-2004, 07:11 PM
yes, I thought it was horrible, but horrible in the way where I would still tell people to see it. It's a really cheesy comedy... and yes, I did laugh.

The best part was beating the zombie to Queen. omg.. too funny.

cali
10-24-2004, 09:14 PM
I saw shaun of the dead a few weeks ago, I loved it! lol I jumped so many times, and nothing scarey actually happend lol I love it because they just make you THINK something scary will happen, its amazing how scarey you can make something like putting flowers on a desk lol the the last part with the zombie pushing walmart shopping carts was just hilarious!

guster girl
10-25-2004, 01:33 AM
I thought it was fabulous! And, cleverly written, I love that kind of humor. ;)