PDA

View Full Version : Teasing at work

moosmom
10-21-2004, 03:50 PM
As you know, I work at Mazda on a temporary basis. There are a bunch of people who know how much I love cats after hearing a conversation I had with another worker (a man) who also has cats and adores them as much as I do.

Well, now whenever we're standing around waiting for the van to pick us up, they are SO obnoxious!!! They talk about what they'd do if they saw a cat, just horrendous stuff, trying to get me riled up. At first I got upset, but them decided to ignore them. Well they STILL keep it up, even though I don't acknowledge their existence. I'm SO tired of hearing that crap.

One guy came up to me (he's a 20 year old fat PUNK with a girlfriend and 2 children!!!!!) and said he had his cat's voicebox removed cuz he was tired of hearing that sickening meow! :mad: :mad: He kept it up telling me how much it cost, etc. Come to find out, he doesn't even OWN a cat!!!

Short of going into the office and complaining, what else can I do??? Most of the people I work with are either young punks, or they're full-time HIRED drivers who absolutely hate temps. The women are really nice, it's the guys who are so obnoxious. One guy works on the rail (loading cars onto rail cars). He doesn't shut up!!! Talks all the time, bangs on the side of the van and scares the crap out of everyone. I cannot STAND him!!!! Fortunately he only drives cars till the rail cars come in, which totals about 2 hours. But putting up with that $hit so early in the morning is very nerve racking. He's full-time too.

Sorry this is long, but this job and some of the people in it are getting on my last nerve!!! :mad: :mad:

carole
10-21-2004, 04:11 PM
Donna you have my empathy , what a bunch of immature males you have landed with, other than trying to ignore them, i don't know what else you can do, it is form of harrassment though IMO.

Try to hang on in there, and hopefully you will get that new job you are after,and say goodbye to those idiots.

It truely amazes me how people find out something about you , like you love cats,and then decide to tease you about it, for goodness sake what the heck is wrong with loving animals, they obviously have nothing better to do with their time.UGH!! some people, have to wonder what they have upstairs in the brain department don't you?

caseysmom
10-21-2004, 04:14 PM
You should do what is the hardest thing in the world...ignore them...just like a bunch of school yard bullies they will soon tire of it. (or if you really want to be onry tell a fat joke!)

DJFyrewolf36
10-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by caseysmom
You should do what is the hardest thing in the world...ignore them...just like a bunch of school yard bullies they will soon tire of it. (or if you really want to be onry tell a fat joke!)

LOL

Like: The last time you saw 90210 was on a scale :D

*I find that one usually shuts up fat obnoxious people who choose to make fun of my cat*

kt_luvs_kitties
10-21-2004, 04:24 PM
That you have to put up with stupid people and stupid comments. I know its hard, but just keep ignoring them. If you cant ignore them, just tell them that their lame ass comments are about as obnoxius as their looks. ;)

guster girl
10-21-2004, 04:30 PM
Depending on the policies at your job, if someone is making it a hostile environment for you or anyone else, that's grounds for at least disciplinary action "up to and including termination." If they're really making it an uncomfortable place for you to be, tell them that. And, if it doesn't stop, I'd start taking it up the chain of command. It doesn't always work, and, you know your company well enough to know if it would be worth the effort. My guess is that they're just playing around with you. If you're that kind of person, just play back with them. You know, the whole "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" thing. If you're really sensitive about it, or if they're genuinely being hateful, I'd say something to them, and, then take it higher if you can. Or, if ignoring them works, just do that. But, always keep a smile on your face, cuz no matter what the situation, that always throws people off. ;)

KYS
10-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Sometimes males can be so mentally immature with
their childless sence of "no" humor.
(it's like they never grow up)

Try to ignore them or they might egg you on more.
Unfortunately, they might never mentally grown up.

dukedogsmom
10-21-2004, 06:36 PM
What a bunch of sexist, immature, animal hating scum! I would blow my top if I were you. Have you tried just letting them have it? Maybe that would shock them and shut them the :o up!!