PDA

View Full Version : Photobucket

Logan
10-21-2004, 11:36 AM
Looks like Photobucket is messing with some of your signatures today!!! Darn it!!!!! Bandwidth exceeded??? What does that mean??? :confused:

micki76
10-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Logan, Photobucket has implemented a bandwith limit on non paying accounts. Here's some info from their FAQ section:

Q: I am getting a "Bandwidth Exceeded" picture in place of my images, what is bandwidth?
A: Bandwidth in Photobucket terms is a measure of the number of bytes passed over time via direct linking, etc. It is calculated by adding up the size of each of your images as they are sent from Photobucket. Example: You have various images of 25K each in size - they are viewed by by 100 users on your favorite message board in one day. 25K * 100 requests = 2500K (or 2.5M) of bandwidth used in one day.

Q: How often does my bandwidth usage reset?
A: Bandwidth resets each month on the day you originally registered. Example: you registered on the 5th of June - your bandwidth will reset on on 5th of each month.

Q: I removed a number of images from my album but my bandwidth has not decreased.
A: Bandwidth is cummulative over time, it does not go down. Please see the question on what is bandwidth. Your bandwidth usage does reset on the day you registered of each month.

I got this from the email they sent me:

Going forward, free accounts will be limited to 25 megabytes of storage and 1,500 megabytes of bandwidth per month.

Cinder & Smoke
10-21-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

I've recently exceeded my limit in bandwith for photobucket.

I'm going to have to ask everyone to save their signatures
and upload them to their own accounts.
If not, they're going to be deleted.

To view the signatures/save the ones you want the album is here:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v181/ptsignatures/

Thanks

Miranda_Rae
10-21-2004, 02:31 PM
I want to start a free account at PhotoBucket so that I can load Heidi's pictures on there and post here, but it says that it is not taking free account right now. :confused: Does anyone know when they will be? Because I have pictures coming today I think, and i want to get them loaded and post them. I want to try and post them without being attachments. :)

aly
10-21-2004, 02:35 PM
Miranda -

If you can't get an account, you can email me the pictures and I'll host them on my site for awhile. I'll tell you the addresses so you can post them without having to do attachments.

Cinder & Smoke
10-21-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Miranda_Rae

I want to start a free account at PhotoBucket ...
but it says that it is not taking free account right now. :confused:
Does anyone know when they will be?

Here's what PhotoBucket says:

"Over the next few weeks we will be upgrading our infrastructure
to better serve our users.

Therefore we are currently not accepting new "free" accounts
at this time. Please come back soon!"

No mention of what "soon" means! :rolleyes:

But they DO seem willing to accept your $25 for their
Premium Account!

Uabassoon
10-21-2004, 03:15 PM
I knew photobucket was too good to be true and they were going to have to start charging soon. I'm not complaining though, I realize their site must cost a lot of money to run.

Miranda_Rae
10-21-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
Here's what PhotoBucket says:

"Over the next few weeks we will be upgrading our infrastructure
to better serve our users.

Therefore we are currently not accepting new "free" accounts
at this time. Please come back soon!"

No mention of what "soon" means! :rolleyes:

But they DO seem willing to accept your $25 for their
Premium Account!

LOL...so true! :rolleyes:

Miranda_Rae
10-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by aly
Miranda -

If you can't get an account, you can email me the pictures and I'll host them on my site for awhile. I'll tell you the addresses so you can post them without having to do attachments.

My email address is [email protected] :)

Aww...thanks. :D Thats so sweet. So when I send them to you do I just put them as attachments? I'm kind of clueless. :o

popcornbird
10-21-2004, 03:58 PM
:(

I can't upload ANYTHING right now because they put a size limit, and my account is way over-full, so I'm deleting TONS of pictures. I deleted 120 and its still too big, so I have to delete more. Talk about frustrating. I do understand they need to charge now that they're so big...but...deleting isn't fun. I'm not deleting anyone's signatures unless they're REALLY old and not being used anymore, but I'm deleting a lot of my pictures, that I have saved to CD also.

catnapper
10-21-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm having a nightmare... I have more than double their limit, and I cannot afford to pay their fee for a year. SO annoying!

I;ve deleting and deleting all day. I am sure they are not accpeting other new accounts right now because everyone is going to do the same thing: just have several Photobucket accounts! :D

micki76
10-21-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
:(

I can't upload ANYTHING right now because they put a size limit, and my account is way over-full, so I'm deleting TONS of pictures. I deleted 120 and its still too big, so I have to delete more. Talk about frustrating. I do understand they need to charge now that they're so big...but...deleting isn't fun. I'm not deleting anyone's signatures unless they're REALLY old and not being used anymore, but I'm deleting a lot of my pictures, that I have saved to CD also.

I went ahead an paid the year's fee. It's worth it to me to not have to worry about it. I've never had any problems from them, so I decided it would be worth it for all the pics that I post here and at other boards. :)

sirrahbed
10-21-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by micki76
I went ahead an paid the year's fee. It's worth it to me to not have to worry about it. I've never had any problems from them, so I decided it would be worth it for all the pics that I post here and at other boards. :)

Same here. It is a good service and I use it LOTS!!:)

dukedogsmom
10-21-2004, 06:56 PM
If you have the $25, that is a great deal! I pay about $10 a month for boomspeed. If I were using Photobucket, I'd pay that if I could. You can't beat the price.

lizzielou742
10-21-2004, 07:17 PM
I deleted every single picture off my account and they still won't let me use it until the 1st of November. They disabled it for the entire month of October. I had like six pictures on there, and they disabled me for going over the 25MB limit. :rolleyes: They just want your $$. I'm not giving them mine.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-21-2004, 07:30 PM
I'm thinking about the $25. My parents know that I take bazillion pictures of Gavin and Abby and such, so I think that maybe they would be willing to pay. If not, I will. :p I get paid next week... hehe.