PDA

View Full Version : One Person's Trash,Is Another One's Treasure!

QueenScoopalot
10-21-2004, 10:44 AM
This sweet little 10? week old was cast out like garbage. I picked her up on Saturday evening. Samantha was one of two kittens (one's feral...go figure) I got over the weekend. No idea who mom cat is, or if there's more kittens out there. This little girl is a darling. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/Samanthaallpoopedoutandsick.jpg

How can anyone throw away this angel baby? :confused:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/Preciousrubbishtoanother.jpg

All pooped out. And nice and warm now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/PreciousSamantha.jpg

Isn't she the sweetest little baby? :)

mina'smomma
10-21-2004, 10:52 AM
What an angel baby. She is about the same size as my Mina. The poor dear. She looks so sweet I could just eat her up. I've been looking around her for one similar to her for a playmate for Mina.

I can't believe someone would throw a poor defenseless kitten out like that!!!!!!:mad: They just really up set me.

Bless you QSL for your kind heart in taking the poor dear in. Keep me posted on how she is doing.

catnapper
10-21-2004, 11:06 AM
She is absolutely darling! I wouldn;t be able to part with her (ooo, those tabbies!)

Tossing a kitten outis unbelievable ... in this cold weather? that a crime! :mad:

catfamily
10-21-2004, 12:49 PM
OH Jan
Can I have her too?Looks like Marshall.On second thought I better not push my limit here.LOL
What a sweet girl.Where on earth was she?I'm so glad someone heard her or saw.I don't know the story but they are all so horrible to hear because there are so many more thousands out there also that aren't grabbed in time.Jan has been saving thousands here on the North Shore over the years.Thank God you were born Jan.

jazzcat
10-21-2004, 01:05 PM
What a cutie! Bless you for saving her.

trayi52
10-21-2004, 02:09 PM
Poor, sweet little darling. I am so glad you have her now, Jan! She is in safe hands now. She looks to be comfortable now! Lucky she was.

Willie:)

kt_luvs_kitties
10-21-2004, 02:16 PM
ANYTIME!!! She looks so precious and happy. I am glad that you got her and that she will have a chance at a great life with you helping her. *kisses* she is too adorable.

ps- I hope the people who let her go, get that Karma back.. And hopefully their outcome wont be as lucky as hers was..:mad:

LaRana
10-21-2004, 02:16 PM
What a cute little snugglebunny! She is too beautiful for words!

joanofark
10-21-2004, 02:27 PM
THAT LOOKS JUST LIKE MY KALLY!:eek:

kimlovescats
10-21-2004, 02:31 PM
Thank you for bringing her home... what a precious baby!;)

QueenScoopalot
10-21-2004, 03:24 PM
A few more pictures of the sweet little Samantha!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/Samantha.jpg

So tired.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/SweetBabySamantha.jpg

Sweet little girlie :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/SweetStuff.jpg

I'm getting veryyyy sleepy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/Samanthasickandtired.jpg

ZZZzzzzz Tummy's full, and I'm pooped out :)

trayi52
10-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Such a sweet sight!

Willie:D

catfamily
10-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Samantha is so pretty.I keep coming back here.

NKBurlington
10-21-2004, 03:49 PM
She is DARLING!! I don't understand how anyone could throw away such a sweetie.

Are you keeping her?

nibblets
10-21-2004, 04:18 PM
How could they!!!!! :mad:
She completely stole my heart in those pics. What a precious little girl.
She certainly looks like a little snugglebug!

Laura's Babies
10-21-2004, 04:53 PM
What a spoiled baby!! Was she like that when you got her or have you worked overtime spoiling her?? That would be all to easy to fall head over heels in love with!! Yes, HOW can they throw a sweet baby like that out???????.......... But that is how I got my sweetheart protector, Chester. He was throw out at Kevlins house late one night and Kev brought him to me, KNOWING I would fall in love and keep him... I hate the road Chester had to take to find me but I am so glad he did!!!

K & L
10-21-2004, 07:33 PM
It just infuriates me how people dump animals as if they're garbage! We just found a mom cat, dad cat, and 6 kittens in the park. They're all very skittish of us right now so we're getting them use to a feeding area and will trap them next Tuesday. Glad you were able to rescue this precious one.

wolflady
10-21-2004, 07:45 PM
Awwww!!! What a darling baby! She certainly looks very comfortable:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/Preciousrubbishtoanother.jpg
**hugs** for taking her in! No doubt she'll be a spoiled little princess :D

QueenScoopalot
10-21-2004, 08:25 PM
I can't figure it out either. :( The call came from a retired couple who have been taking care of a TNR colony a block or so away from my home. Two "five week" olds were in a tub in the building next door, and someone came into the apartment, and both kittens scrambled out, and to the basement. That's the story I got. First kitten (Samantha) was already contained in a carrier, but the second was loose somewhere in a giant basment with lots of places it could have fallen and died. Boilers fired up, etc. I was rushed that night as I was doing insulin shot for a clients cat, and had just come back from Logan Airport with Leslie. Not any time to do much more than a quick run through to try finding the second kitten. Next morning I was up at 6:30 to do the shot, and after stopped by to try finding kitten #2. Poor thing was screaming in the locked basement, so I had to wake the neighbors who had the key to let me in. Kitten two I finally netted after a half hour chase. Younger looking than Samantha, and quite a spitfire! I suspect someone saw all the tabbies around, and thought..geee no one will notice this one if I toss her here! :mad: I'm sure there's more than one kitten from spitfire's litter, but haven't heard back from Ron & Barb the feeders. :rolleyes:

jazzzytina
10-21-2004, 08:26 PM
What a sweet angel. I agree :mad: about throwing her out. I would gladly take her in too. You are wonderful for taking her in and giving her a loving home. I hope you get to keep her. She's a dollbaby.

QueenScoopalot
10-21-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by jazzzytina
What a sweet angel. I agree :mad: about throwing her out. I would gladly take her in too. You are wonderful for taking her in and giving her a loving home. I hope you get to keep her. She's a dollbaby.
As a rescuer...I'm filled to the brim here! I can't keep them all, but can sleep at night knowing they're safe from the streets, and forever homes are waiting for them! I keep only the special needs at this point. ;) There's a waiting list of people wanting kittens, but this baby's sneezing a bit. :rolleyes:

jazzzytina
10-21-2004, 08:39 PM
I'm probably the only person on PT who doesn't know this, but how many permanent residents do you have?

rg_girlca
10-21-2004, 09:09 PM
Oh Jan, she is absolutely ADORABLE. What a beautiful tabby girl.
Thank goodness I don't live near you, as she would be Chipper's new playmate.:)

Bless you for taking her in even though you are so full with others right now.

catcrazylady
10-22-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by jazzzytina
I'm probably the only person on PT who doesn't know this, but how many permanent residents do you have?

Tina we have never gotten an exact number from Jan. She wants to keep us guessing! I'm sure she thinks we will think it's too many but I doubt any of us would really be surpised.;)

If you were anywhere near me Jan I would come and snatch that little doll baby right up!! She is precious and so relaxed. That little girl is one adorable and kissable baby!!:D

People are disgusting aren't they? It's all so heartbreaking if you think about how many there are just like her lost in the sea of throwaways. One at a time really does make a difference but its so easy to get disheartened when you think about how many there really are. :(

catmandu
10-22-2004, 09:15 AM
She,is a Little Treasure,worth far more,than the Electronic Toys,and Gadgets,that people,fill thier lives,with.After all,this is a creation,of God! Thank You,for taking her in,and making her,a New Home!