PDA

View Full Version : I'm Angie and I approve this message.

pitc9
10-21-2004, 10:05 AM
OMG... if I hear that saying ONE more time I am going to SCREAM!!
There are 100's of commercials on the TV that end with that.

I can't wait till the election is over so I don't have to hear that anymore!!!!

I know Ohio is a huge state the presidential candidates visit, but come on already!!!

DJFyrewolf36
10-21-2004, 10:07 AM
The title of this thread made me LOL :D

Trust me, Im getting pretty sick of it to :p Ill be glad when this election is over!

Pam
10-21-2004, 10:15 AM
LOL! LOL! LOL! I agree with you 100%! Thank God for the Mute button! :D

lizzielou742
10-21-2004, 10:32 AM
We don't see any presidential ads here hardly ever. However, we do get a lot of Senate candidate ads and stuff like that saying "I'm ______ and I approved this message..."

I went home to Ohio the other weekend, and EVERY OTHER COMMERCIAL was a Bush or a Kerry ad. It's insane. I'm glad I'm not in a swing state for that reason, but on the other hand I do feel that the Electoral College has failed me. I don't feel like the Presidential candidates have to be concerned with the issues facing my state, or its voters in general. As far as I know, I don't think Bush or Kerry has been here at all this campaign, and I think John Edwards flew through the Louisville airport once...that's about it. :( Ah, to live in a swing state...I'd be out there, listening to campaign speeches, maybe even meeting the candidates..... *sigh*

Oh well! It's almost over! That is, the campaigning is almost over, who knows how long it will be until we know who is our next President! :rolleyes:

Logan
10-21-2004, 10:38 AM
We see very few presidential ads, if any, as well, Lizzielou. I guess Kerry and Bush figure that SC will go Republican as it usually does, but we are inundated with state and US Senate and House of Representatives ads. It will be NICE when it is all over, as long as our chosen candidates win! ;)

sirrahbed
10-21-2004, 10:43 AM
I am in Ohio and did not realize this was NOT happening everywhere:rolleyes: I am sick of it as well. Let's get on with the election and get over the madness.
Never in my life do I recall such an ugly election year.

I'm Debbie and I approve this message;)

pitc9
10-21-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
I am in Ohio and did not realize this was NOT happening everywhere:rolleyes: I am sick of it as well. Let's get on with the election and get over the madness.

LOL!!!:D

tatsxxx11
10-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Sick of the ads, the commentators, pundits, spinmeisters and the candidates!!! This is the nastiest, most contentious election in my memory. I can't believe a word coming out of anyone's mouth anymore. Made my choice, sticking to it and can't WAIT till Nov. 2nd. Of course, then there will be endless hours of post election analysis, time spent dissecting the results; that is assuming we don't have to wait weeks for the winner to be announced. Ugh:(

robinh
10-21-2004, 02:47 PM
I'm with you pitc9 - Iowa is another battleground state and I can't stand the "I'm Robin and I approve this message" line either. Even our state candidates have started using it.

This morning while I was getting ready to come to work during just one commercial break, I listened to at least 6 political commercials all right in a row. I almost screamed!

I'll be so glad to see the election over!!

Fox-Gal
10-21-2004, 03:15 PM
My husband and I were just talking about this last night. We are so tired of hearing one political commercial after another. It's almost as if the one party has set it up that if an ad against them comes one the air their ad has to come on after it. Of course the other side then set it up that their add must come back on. :confused:

Just last night we saw an ad for vote no on amendment 4, right after that it was a ad to vote yes on amendment 4, and then back to a vote No ad. :eek: :eek: And what really got us was none of them really said what amendment 4 was all about. Just vote our way was the only real message. Please, Don't tell me how to vote, just give me that facts and let me decide, but fact are the one thing left out of a lot of these ad's.

I can't wait till it all over and we go back to Tampon ad's. :D lol

DJFyrewolf36
10-21-2004, 03:19 PM
I'm Kristina and I aprove this thread ;) lol

The stupid ads have hit the internet radio scene too. I was watching launchcast music videos on my lunch break today and saw a Bush ad!!

Sigh...

Cincy'sMom
10-21-2004, 04:49 PM
There was an aritcle, I believe in the Washington Post, that said Toledo has the highest percentage of political ads. Lucky for us :rolleyes: In most commerical breaks, we have nothin gbut political ads....I am so ready for it to be over!!!

Pam
10-21-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed

I approve your message as well Debbie. :) I thought it was like this everywhere too. The election will be close in Pennsylvania and all of our local stations are based in Philadelphia so it has been really bad.

CamCamPup33
10-21-2004, 05:24 PM
Oh gosh, i know what you mean.

I must hear it AT LEAST 10 times a day. No lie. And it makes it worse that i have 200+ Channels, :eek:

Even the radio stations here are talking about it.. On one station it says "Im president bush and i approve this station" they have one for kerry too. :p

dukedogsmom
10-21-2004, 06:39 PM
I am so sick of it! I can't wait until it's over with. Those commercials are so obnoxious.

Amber
10-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I am so sick of it! I can't wait until it's over with. Those commercials are so obnoxious.

agreed!

jazzzytina
10-21-2004, 08:47 PM
I'm sick of it too. I think they (somebody) made it a law that you have to say "I'm so and so and I approve this message" in some way in your ads now. I can't believe there would be that many undecided voters this late in the game, well, for the presidential election, at least, that this many ads would have to run. Those 4 or 5 undecided voters who are out there are probably not watching tv or listening to radio!

pitc9
10-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal
I can't wait till it all over and we go back to Tampon ad's. :D lol

HA HA HA!!! ROTF!!!!!:D :D

catnapper
10-22-2004, 09:21 AM
Ugh! I'm with you! I get a kick out of it because I know it happened as a result of the last election when one of the candidates had a spot that caused an uproar and he claimed to not have known about it until after it aired. So now they have to have him saying that he "approves the ad" after each spot.

All they did was record his voice and paste it at the end of an ad... so chances are high that even though they say "I'm John Doe and I approve this ad" that John has no clue about it. :rolleyes: John went into a recording studio one afternon a year ago and said that little phrase and its been attached to the end of every one of his commercials since.

All Creatures Great And Small
10-22-2004, 05:59 PM
:D :D This thread is too funny - it's been driving ME nuts too! My sister sent me a link to a parody of a Bush campaign ad featuring Will Ferrell doing Bush. (I don't endorse or renounce any particular candidate, by the way, I just like anything funny.) In it, Will F. as Bush says "I'm George W. Bush and I approve this message. In fact, I think it's awesome." Now, whenever Laura and I hear election commercials, we always add that tag line "in fact, I think it's AWESOME" :p :D :p

(Here's the link to the video of Will doing George if anybody wants to check it out: WhiteHouseWest (http://whitehousewest.com/) )

Edwina's Secretary
10-22-2004, 06:09 PM
Illinois and California....neither is a state worthy of national ads. Here in Cali there are tons of ads for local initiatives...about which I know little to nothing but.........

I have not seen one single commercial for the presidential election!!! :D :cool: :D

Eat your heart out Ohio, Iowa, Wisconsin, PA and the other swing states....

full disclosure...I hve not turned the tv on in months and months but my husband turns it on as soon as he walks in the door...

Cincy'sMom
10-22-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

And there is another good reason for moving to California!!

catnapper
10-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

I feel more like ripping my heart out to end the pain of hearing these commercials! :D