PDA

View Full Version : Happy is getting spots?

cali
10-21-2004, 08:58 AM
Happy is nearly 4 years old (in 6 days), and last night I gave her a bath and noticed that the side of her white leg facing outward is freckaling, it is not as noticable when her hair is dry but the freckles are getting darker and more prominany, when its wet the spots are very clear, they are so big and close together that it is almost solid black. is it normal for a dog to start to freckle this late? :confused:

FizzGiggs_Mommy
10-21-2004, 10:21 AM
FizzGigg my Bichon had no freckles on him when I got him.... But now 3 years later he has freckles all over his body. I asked my vet about it and he just said they are age spots most white dogs get them as they get older...I personally think they are cute!

Corinna
10-21-2004, 10:25 AM
I don't want to freck out any one but I would have it checked. After seeing my husband with melenoma (skin cancer) his was a birth mark. I would just have it checked. It could be age spots too.

cali
10-21-2004, 12:31 PM
oh no, its just black spots on her fur lol her white leg is just becoming freckled with black hair that was not there before.

molucass
10-21-2004, 03:30 PM
Bandit has them too.. Mostly on his face and belly. :) The lady I got him from said he didn't used to have them when he was younger.
You can see the ones between his eyes in the pic i attatched.