PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with some VET'S!

Fox-Gal
10-20-2004, 11:55 PM
In the last couple of days I have learned a few things about the vet's in my area, that has not made me happy and I really can't understand their reasons for some things.

To save you the whole long story, I'll just give you a shorty of it.

Our goat, Briggs took very ill, 6 days ago, we did everything we could to help him and even thought we made some headway to recovery. Till the other night when he went down again. We knew it was time to let him go, no question about it.

So all I wanted was to find a Vet to come over and put him down, humanly! Sounds simple enough right? It wasn't, every vet I called that handles "farm animal's" and a few that don't, said they don't treat goats. I didn't ask for treatment, I asked if they could put him down humanly. They do cows, sheep etc, but no goats, their idea of help was to ask me if we had a gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :mad: :mad: That's how most around here do it, I was told!!

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. They have a woman on the phone, crying about her pet goat wanted it not to suffer any more and they say no, because they don't handle goats. Who cares if it's a goat, dog, cow, sheep or a two headed monster, I was only asking for a shot to spare the pain of a loved pet.

When did Vet's get so much like Dr's. that they can't go out side of their specialty, to help?

Oh FYI: I finally called my Cat and Dog vet and cry-ed to him about it all and he did come out, after work and took away Briggs suffering. Of course this was after I had called early in the day to have the girl at the front desk tell me "We only do small animals"

captain
10-20-2004, 11:57 PM
Oh you poor thing :(
I can just imagine how distraught you must have been.

BRAVO to your cat/dog Vet .......

RIP Briggs ....

delidog
10-21-2004, 05:26 AM
Oh Libby,
I am so Sorry....Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge,Sweet Briggs...

BTW, If a Large Animal Vet is telling you to get a gun,They should be Reported the the American Veterinary Association...
They are Not Vets!!!!
They are Yee Haws!!!! And their License should be Challenged!!
You can always call the University of Gainseville...Large Animal Center...They can give you Names and Numbers to call

I am Sorry for your Loss & the ain that you had to endure...

R.I.P Sweet briggs!!

GraciesMommy
10-21-2004, 05:32 AM
That's sad...and I hate to hear that they were so insensitive..
bless you

lynnestankard
10-21-2004, 05:43 AM
What an awful episode Libby. Not only worrying so about Briggs -but having to argue your case for proper treatment. {{{Hugs}}}

God Speed to the bridge Briggs - play well xxxx

Another new star in the heavens tonight Libby xxx

Lynne

Cincy'sMom
10-21-2004, 06:33 AM
How awful of them, to make a diffcult enough situation more painful for you!

I'm sorry for the loss of Briggs. He feels the pain no more and is playing free at the bridge.

dukedogsmom
10-21-2004, 06:42 AM
So sorry to hear about Briggs. Your life has been too chaotic lately. Call me sometime. We need to meet at the mall again or I can come down there. You need some time off. If you think you don't have it, make it. It would be really good for you.

pitc9
10-21-2004, 09:51 AM
RIP Briggs.

I'm glad you found someone with a heart to help you out!!

Fox-Gal
10-21-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by delidog

They are Not Vets!!!!
They are Yee Haws!!!! And their License should be Challenged!!

That's where I live in a town full of Yee Haws!!! The redneck way is more common and accepted around here then in other areas. :(

Your life has been too chaotic lately.
That's a understatment! :eek: ;) I sat down with a friend the other day and we went through the list of things that have happened in the last 6 months. WOW! I'll never make a list again, it's depressing to put in all toghter.

I'll call you, maybe I do need a break. Do something just for me, buy that purse we liked so much. :D

animal_rescue
10-21-2004, 10:29 PM
aw! I'm so sorry that happened to you!:(
I hope this makes you feel better!

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

R.I.P. Briggs

Fox-Gal
10-22-2004, 09:54 AM
Thank you animal_rescue.