PDA

View Full Version : Volunteering at the animal shelter

sirrahved
10-20-2004, 11:10 PM
This was my fourth time and the best time ever! Today I was trained to work with "welcome dogs" and got to handle one for about a half hour. He was a real sweetie named Donald.

Then I got to go into the cattery and scatter catnip! What a crazy experience. So many beautiful cats getting beautifully stoned:p My favorite there right now is a Himmy female young adult. She HATES being at the shelter and all of the other cats, but LOVES attention from humans! She reminds me so much of our little Marshmallow.

Another one of my favorites was a funny little calico girl. She had eyes too big for her head, and a short coat but a huge puffy tail. She looked like she was put together with leftover parts! She's such a sweetie, too.

I'll share more of my future visits!

BCBlondie
10-20-2004, 11:12 PM
That's great that you're volunteering! :)

Maybe bring your camera too next time? :D I'd love to see some pictures!!

kimlovescats
10-21-2004, 12:01 AM
Good job, Dev! Keep up the good work, and the stories!;)

Grace
10-21-2004, 07:17 AM
You will really enjoy yourself. I volunteered for 2 years at our local shelter - many years ago.

There is just one hitch - in two years, I brought home a dog and 4 cats!!!

Laura's Babies
10-21-2004, 07:19 AM
GOOD FOR YOU!! Rewarding work!!

chrangharris
10-21-2004, 07:22 AM
Sounds like you are having a good time cuddling and playing with the animals!!!! We want to see some pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

catmandu
10-21-2004, 08:37 AM
i used,to volunteer at the SPCA,but now,the Shelter,is not,on the Bus Route,and that makes,it difficult,tio reach!