PDA

View Full Version : how did you decide your pets name

doggylovr6
10-20-2004, 09:14 PM
hey every1, i wuz just wondering how yall got your pets name. i think this shud be interesting, lol

GraciesMommy
10-20-2004, 09:15 PM
I had Mercedes for 16 years and her nickname was Mercy....and then when we got Gracie I thought that was a pretty name and fitting...so now I have had "mercy and grace"

Cincy'sMom
10-20-2004, 09:53 PM
Before we got Sadie, we knew she was black and white. We had picked out wither Panda or Sadie, and when we met her, Sadie fit.

With Cincy, we were discussing names on the drive home after picking her up. We were trying to pick something that sounded good with Sadie, and I suggested Cincy, becuase Ralph and I met at the University of Cincinnati.

Spot was named by his former family.

cyber-sibes
10-20-2004, 11:00 PM
When we got Star, I suggested my husband and son and I each pick out a name for her registered name. We ended up with "Blue Moon Star" - and now that we've been loving her for many years, we realize that she is truly a "Once in Blue Moon" dog - and she's always the Star!
"Sherman" was already named when we got him- His registered name is "Destiny's Raise the Bar".....(?!!), but Sherman (Shermie) fits him much better.
I had named our sweet RB dog "Rosie" because she just looked like a Rosie. That name multiplied into many nicknames - Rosie-Posiey, Rosie-velt, Rosie-Bean, Rosey-Rita (after my Mom), and many more! Since she's gone, it's been fun to recall all the silly names I made up for her, she was such a sweet, funny dog.

binka_nugget
10-21-2004, 02:04 AM
Kai was named after a very good looking camp leader. :p His name was Kai-tech. I thought Kai sounded nice so we went with that. The other choices were Blaze (like on his head), chip and Zeke.

Kaedyn was a name I made up. I played around with the word Cajun and got Kaedyn.

molucass
10-21-2004, 03:00 AM
Bandit was already named when I got him.
Most of the time I call him Bandy, Bander or Bandy Boo, rather than Bandit though. Lol.

Annie was already named when I got her, and the name fits her perfectly so I didn't change it.

Bailee went through several names (Cassie, Maggie, Sammi, and Greta), but I kept coming back to the name Bailey... She's a little tomboy, and people say Bailey is a boys name so I just changed the spelling a little to make it more feminine and it stuck. I think it fits her well.

senorita02
10-21-2004, 03:43 AM
I picked Senorita because she is a spanish dog & I wanted something i had never heard before for another dog. And for "Face" i chose that because i also wanted something i had never heard b4 plus he is a Rott and when he was a puppy his body was so small and his head was giant. oooh he was so cute!

pitc9
10-21-2004, 07:31 AM
Sierra had a name when we got her, but it was hard to say, (I don't even remember it:o )
My hubby named her Sierra.

Buddy - The shelter named him Barry :p, and I knew I wanted to change his name, but didn't know right away what I wanted to call him. So for a day or two, he didn't have a name, and I started calling him buddy and it just stuck!!

BitsyNaceyDog
10-21-2004, 07:51 AM
Bitsy was so small when we got her, it was the first thing we thought of and it was perfect.

Charlie was named Shortie when we got him, we hated that name and knew we had to change it. We played around with things that sounded like Shortie and came up with Charlie.

Buster was 6 years old when we got him so he came with his name

Nacey also came with her name. My friend wanted me to change it to Lacey, but we really liked Nacey because it's different and it fits her so well.

FizzGiggs_Mommy
10-21-2004, 10:30 AM
Tobi's AKC name is R-D Pro's Tuff Guy...We shortened it to Tobi Just because we liked Tobi better.

Maxemus was named after the the main carater in Gladeator its pronounced MaxEmus with a upper E

FizzGigg was named after a charater in my favorite movie The Dark Crystal it was a Jim Henson Muppet movie.