PDA

View Full Version : Did your dog have a name before you got it?

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-20-2004, 08:11 PM
I was just wondering if your dogs had a name before you got it? All of mine did. please post what your dog's name used to be also:D

Tango was Flash
Echo was Stella:rolleyes: (I HATE that name)
Tia was Kiki for a while but then we changes it

Kfamr
10-20-2004, 08:12 PM
Simba and Nala didn't.

Kiara was Emily.

sammy101
10-20-2004, 08:13 PM
Kodies name was Bronco!!:eek: :eek:
we didnt like that name,so i got to name him
i had charlie,bow(bowregard),or Kodie,and obviously i chose Kodie:rolleyes:

bckrazy
10-20-2004, 08:17 PM
Gonzo was named Blue :eek:

he was a country boy on a farm.. his daddy's name was Waldo, and his mommy was Hue, I guess thats where they got his name. We stuck with the "blue" thing, anyway, with Gonzo. then, I really started to not like Gonzo after a few weeks, so I changed it to Rocco.. but Gonzo stuck, and everyone except me was calling him Gonzo, so he's Gonzo now. :D hehe

ParNone
10-20-2004, 08:18 PM
I'm sure Murph had another name, but I can't remember his.

Maddie's was Trudy
Oz's was Cosmo
Gully's was Lee

GraciesMommy
10-20-2004, 08:20 PM
No, Gracie was not named

cali
10-20-2004, 08:29 PM
they all did, I dont know what mistys was though, I only remember what a few of the litter names were in the litter lol

Happys was Happy
Blairs was Blair
Perkys was Biscuit, then for a while it was Roxy, then it became Perky lol
Ripleys was Rosco

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-20-2004, 08:33 PM
Abby didn't have a name. :)

Cali, I like the name Rosco!! :D

swimma253
10-20-2004, 08:33 PM
Meeka no.. because she came to live with us! :p

But my gramas dog Luci did... her full name was "Ravene Black-Hawk." YUCK! :rolleyes:

GoldenRetrLuver
10-20-2004, 08:36 PM
Molly and Daisy weren't named before we had them.

My old Australian Shepherd, whom we adopted from a shelter/rescue and named Bandit when we had him, was originally called "Squint".

Toby's my baby
10-20-2004, 08:38 PM
Maggie's name was Maggie, but my sister wanted to name her Lucy, but I didn't like that name for her so we just left it.

Glacier
10-20-2004, 08:41 PM
Just about everyone arrived here named. I've kept most of their names. I changed Kayleigh's. It was Cowley before and I thought that was just dumb!

Earle's breeder (he stayed at his momma's house, Muskwa just popped by to sire the litter!:eek: ) called him Flower cuz he had eaten every bit of flower in her back yard! he still likes to eat flowers!

The shelter called Heyoka "Nanook". I hate that name. Must be 9 million malamutes called Nanook! It had to go!

The only other one we've named is Muskwa.

micki76
10-20-2004, 08:43 PM
Chester didn't have a name. :(

Millie's was Millie! :D

Pam
10-20-2004, 08:48 PM
Bella came from a breeder and was the second to last in her litter to be adopted. Since she was a little larger than her brother, the breeder referred to her brother as Teeny Weeny but had no name for Bella, at least none that she shared with me. :(

Ripley was just a # at the shelter. :(

Twisterdog
10-20-2004, 08:51 PM
Basil was Eddie
Vanilla was Priscilla
:rolleyes:

Jack, Georgie, Lucky, Pepper, Twister and Wishbone were already named, and I kept those names ... not because I like them, necesarily, but because I was too lazy to change them.

Queenie, Lacie and Keito did not have names before I got them.

cali
10-20-2004, 08:58 PM
Cali, I like the name Rosco!!

lol their is nothing wrong with the name, we had to change it because his prevoius 2 owners obviously had no clue how to train a dog, because you called him Rosco and he would run top speed in the opposite direction!

wolf_Q
10-20-2004, 09:39 PM
Reggie's name was Scooter as a pup.

I think my sister said that Sydneys name was Dolly.

Nebo wasn't named as a pup that I'm aware of.

Cincy'sMom
10-20-2004, 09:49 PM
Sadie didn't have an offical name, but they called her "twin" because she looked just like another puppy in her litter.

Spot was Spot...we kept the name he came with

Cincy was unnamed

cfuh
10-21-2004, 11:56 AM
Sammie was Happy
Maggie was Asta

LorraineO
10-21-2004, 12:15 PM
Merlin used to be called Kip
Lucybelle,, nothing before that,, we named her.

K9soul
10-21-2004, 12:25 PM
Tasha was just a # at the shelter too. Tommy was already Tommy, we left it because he was familiar with it and it seemed to fit him.

Cody's name was Tiger (did not fit him one bit). Willie was Willie and at the time I got him, I would have preferred renaming him but my mom liked the name. She wasn't too keen on getting him in the first place so I decided to not push the issue since she liked his name ;). Of course now I can't imagine him not being Willie. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
10-21-2004, 12:36 PM
Bitsy we named
Charlie was named Shortie
Buster and Nacey were both named and we kept the names the came with.

jazzcat
10-21-2004, 01:09 PM
Disney was with her sister who was adopted by another couple at the same time we got Disney. They were named Sugar and Spice and I can't remember which one Disney was called.

DogLover9501
10-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Jasper's breeder used to call him "Holler".

The other two didn't have names.

pitc9
10-21-2004, 01:12 PM
Sierra name was an Indian word... I can't remember what it was.
It was somthing like Kirra.

Buddy was Barry ... that name had to go!!:D

PJ's Mom
10-21-2004, 01:32 PM
I'm sure Bailey had a name when we got her from the shelter, but we don't know what it was.

Peej didn't have a name, but we originally named him Einstein. :o After a day or two he became PJ and now we only call him Peej unless he's in trouble. :D

Sudilar
10-21-2004, 03:41 PM
I kept the shelter names for Killian and Shiloh.

guster girl
10-21-2004, 04:38 PM
Finn was only 7 1/2 weeks old when I got him, so, he wasn't named, yet. :)

guster girl
10-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Orangutango
I was just wondering if your dogs had a name before you got it? All of mine did. please post what your dog's name used to be also:D

Tango was Flash
Echo was Stella:rolleyes: (I HATE that name)
Tia was Kiki for a while but then we changes it

I like the name Echo, but, wow! I love the name Stella! Any reason you don't like it? I know there are certain names I don't like just because of bad memories associated with them. ;) I've actually considered if I got a girl dog, naming her Estella (from Great Expectations, cuz the characters were named Fin and Estella!).

Kiia
10-21-2004, 05:48 PM
The first time I held him in my arms, I looked down and said.. hmm.. I want a different name, not one you hear everyday... a few minutes later, I told him his name was Teeko! :D

lizbud
10-21-2004, 06:23 PM
Buddy and Smokey didn't have names as small pups when
I adopted them. Maggie was called Polly Pockets by the young
daughter of the couple who found & fostered her for the rescue
group where I adopted her.:)

MariaM
10-21-2004, 07:12 PM
Well, I'm not sure if Major had a name or not where he was born, but in his 'temporary barn' where he was for a week...I think they called him Snoopy. I like that name for him lol.

CathyBogart
10-21-2004, 07:18 PM
Star and Wilbur both had their names already. My mom wanted to rename Star to "Wylie" and Wilbur to....I don't remember what...but she was outvoted both times and their names stuck! :)

When I was looking at Bedlington terriers in rescue I found one that the shelter was calling "Gunk" WTFlip?! Who names a dog "Gunk"?! :rolleyes: I would definitely have changed his name to Sterling.

wolflady
10-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Ripley was just a # at the shelter. :(

Awwww....so was Priya. I think I still have her cage card with her inpound # on it.

ComedyDevil
10-21-2004, 07:52 PM
Toby was called Jamie before we got him, but he cowered and ran every time someone said his name :(

My sister named Ollie, and yes, I'm the one responsible for naming a dog Squid, LOL :p Don't ask why I chose 'Squid' though, I don't know! :rolleyes:

binka_nugget
10-21-2004, 08:00 PM
Kaedyn was named Milo but didn't respond to it so I figured I might as well change it.

BitsyNaceyDog
10-21-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by WolfChan
When I was looking at Bedlington terriers in rescue I found one that the shelter was calling "Gunk" WTFlip?! Who names a dog "Gunk"?! :rolleyes: I would definitely have changed his name to Sterling.

Gunk- Oh my goodness I almost peed my pants. Thats hilarious.

rizzy
10-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Sallys name was Shyla, I dont mind that name, its different. But sallys name was Sally long before we got her.:D