PDA

View Full Version : YIKES!!! Another MASSIVELY Pregnant Castaway :-(

QueenScoopalot
10-20-2004, 05:42 PM
I just picked up another thrown away sweetheart who's due to deliver any minute! :eek: Space is limited here as always, but she's tucked into my tiny bathroom, and set up with soft blankets in the tub along with her potty. I have a funny feeling that I'll be waking to newborns by morning. Perfect timing for this family to be. Won't hubby be delighted to come home to this girl in the bathroom. :rolleyes: :eek: :D She's had kittens before, and who knows what became of them (her nipples are pre-nursed on), but at least she's warm and safe for the impending family to be. ;)

aly
10-20-2004, 05:46 PM
Aw, I'm so glad the little girl is safely in your care now! I hope she has some healthy, happy babies.

I'm curious, how do you tell if the nipples are pre-nursed on?

kimlovescats
10-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Thank you Jan ... and good luck with the delivery!

Aly .... they are usually a bit larger, and kind of rough, not as young and perky and soft as a 1st timer! :rolleyes: ;)

rg_girlca
10-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Bless you Jan for taking in this precious pregnant mamma when your space is so limited at the moment.
I can just picture your hubby walking into the bathroom and saying, "Oh boy, here we go again."
I hope and pray that all goes well with mamma on the birth of her babies.

Get your camera ready there girl.:)

catnapper
10-20-2004, 09:22 PM
You have a knack for finding just at the right moment. You are definately an angel of lost cats!

I too wondered how you could tell a cat had kittens by their nipples. Oh, I haev sooo much to learn!

Laura's Babies
10-20-2004, 09:39 PM
Do you have fresh batteries in the camera?? Gotta have pictures soon as they are here!! (How exciting, BABIES!!!!)

Thank goodness you got her before she had them and anything happened to her or them.. WHY do STUPID people do that to their pets???? GGGrrrrrrrrrrrrr!:mad:

QueenScoopalot
10-20-2004, 09:54 PM
Judging from her pearly whites, she's a very young cat. :( Hubby's in for a surprise when he gets home tonight. Several nights ago the bathroom was occupied by a sweet abandoned baby tabby...do you think he'd believe it's her all grown up and pregnant? :confused: :rolleyes: :D It gets better..I got another call about a skinny little cat with a flea collar on her neck, running around Walmart parking lot! I have her tucked into the top floor of Emily Rose's condo unit until another place comes along for her. I'm chilled to the bone trying to get her. Took 45 minutes of coaxing along with the good samaritan who had called about her, to finally get her into a carrier. The woman had fed her 3 cans of food, so needless to say, skinny Minnie wasn't hungry enough to go into a trap! :rolleyes: Poor little girl had to be saved. She was crawling up under truck frames etc desperate to be warm. :(

catnapper
10-20-2004, 10:01 PM
More cats? Poor little thing! the people who just slipped a flea collar on her should be ashamed of themselves.

Laura's Babies
10-21-2004, 08:13 AM
It's a new day! We got babies yet?? Man, there are time I wished I lived closer to you guys so I could help foster them while I am home!!

catmandu
10-21-2004, 08:25 AM
The Good Lord,must be sending these Momma Cats,to you,his deputy,on Earth,to take care of,and make sure that the Kittens,are born,in a safe place! You,are Our Hero,the Found Cats,and I admire you,more than we can say!

cruisetime
10-21-2004, 08:39 AM
You are so great to do this. It makes me think of the kitty I saw at the Animal Control when I went to look at my Meka. She was so beautiful and sweet and pregnant. I went back the next day to pay for Meka and she was already killed - easier that way you know so they kill the babies too and don't have to administer more killer stuff to each baby - the waste of the drug you know... :( I think I will always think of her - she was so pretty and didn't deserve her fate! I should have saved her too but I'm new to cats and my hubby only agreed on Meka because I told him that if it didn't work I'd give her over to a nonkill shelter (she was next to be killed at Animal Control) and all we would be out is around $100.. He relented and said it was worth the money to try it - we haven't had pets together in 14 years. So I'm glad I saved Meka but the other kitty was so pretty and sweet that now that I'm figuring all the cat stuff out (as much as any human can) I just wish something could have been done. You are so wonderful to open your heart and home.... Debbie

QueenScoopalot
10-21-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
It's a new day! We got babies yet?? Man, there are time I wished I lived closer to you guys so I could help foster them while I am home!!
LOL Laura! Everytime I go into the bathroom, and this sweet girl's looking up at me, I ask her "are you having them now"? :D She can't have them in my tub! I need to do a frantic day of juggling and kitten shuttling in order to give this mama to be a place to have her babies. :rolleyes: Not a stitch of room at the Inn. One who is leaving later though, is the emaciated little tabby from Walmart parking lot. Laura, I wish you were closer too! :(