PDA

View Full Version : You guys are very special

Palomino21
10-20-2004, 05:00 PM
Hi, I have been coming to this board for a few months now, even though I do not have cats of my own. You guys satisfy my urge to get a kitten or a cat, and help me to remember the sweet side of life. I do not have many friends, and my family live a few hours away. PT is something to look forward to. I have laughed and cried at the stories you post, and have gotten to know some of the cute cats, such as the famous Magoo, Kim's kittens, and many many more. You guys are wonderful and special. Thank you so much.

Annie

sirrahbed
10-20-2004, 05:04 PM
I am glad you are here too Annie! Sorry you can't have pets at this time - but glad to share ours with you:) Your comments are always well appreciated and please stay and keep posting. We will be your friends!

kimlovescats
10-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Annie, we are so very pleased to have you as part of our PT family! Who knows, maybe one of these days, a kitty will find its way into your home!!!:eek: ;)

Palomino21
10-20-2004, 06:40 PM
Thank you for replying Debbie and Kim. I know one day a kitty will make it's way to my home and I will welcome him or her with open arms. :-)

Kim, How is Jenna doing? I think it's wonderful you shared pictures and stories of your new grandbaby. She's beautiful. :-)

Debbie, How many cats do you have? At one time my family had 12 cats. They were all indoors. People who came to visit my family would have never known because most of them would be hiding or sleeping some where. The same visitors would come and see a different cat, and ask "Did you get a new cat." LOL... We'd always say, nope, we've had that cat for awhile.

Annie

jenluckenbach
10-20-2004, 06:47 PM
Hi Annie,
You may share some of my cats if you like. I have 15 and another 11 fosters.
I am glad that you can come here and enjoy our little family group even though you have no pets at this time. I am certain that there will be a kitty in your future. (mybe one of my fosters....hee hee)

QueenScoopalot
10-20-2004, 06:55 PM
I also am happy you're here Annie! But one of Jen's foster kitties wouldn't do for you...she's closer to Central America than I am, so it would have to be one of my Massachusetts rescues LOL! (Though Jen did manage to send her Sweet Annie overseas, so who knows)? I'm sure sooner or later a warm bundle of fluff will find you, and we'll be begging you for pictures. :D Jan

carole
10-20-2004, 07:21 PM
Annie how sweet of you to post this thread, its great to have you aboard, and I for one am so happy to hear how much you are enjoying this site, its unique and special isn't it? as are all the members each in their own way.

I hope in the future you too can become a pet owner, after being on PT, you will be well indoctrinated with all the do's and don'ts with pets and be a great mummy.

In the meantime continue to stop by, let us know about your life and yourself and ENJOY PT.!!!! you are a very welcome addition.!!!:)

catnapper
10-20-2004, 07:42 PM
Yes, PT has been my anchor for nearly a year now. I have enjoyed getting to know all the people and pets that make up this wonderful board.

I often think of the cats I see as personal friends of mine! LOL... my husband shakes his head and wonders what is so special about PT. He'll have to join to find out!

Laura's Babies
10-20-2004, 10:16 PM
Welcome Annie! I bet someday you will have a fur baby and you will already be educated in what to do and you sure will know where to come when you need help, advice, support or prayers.

I agree with you, there is a great bunch here, THE BEST! I have my own fur babies but I have my favorite PT babies too but I love them ALL!!

May I add that when the time comes for you to get your own, don't pass up a special needs one because some people think they are less than perfect.. They give SPECIAL LOVE and it is wonderful!!

gini
10-20-2004, 10:36 PM
Well, Annie, my little orange girl is also named Annie.............and she is a little love.

Rascal is the King of the household and he was willing to adopt two siblings.........sisters, Annie and Emma. All are kitties by the way.

I know that all of us welcome you with open arms. You have come across one of the best, if not THE best sites on the internet.

Everyone here is so nice..........and when we stumble across someone who isn't as pleasant as they should be..........we run them out of town!:D :D

What is wonderful about this site is that as we have gotten to know each other through Pet Talk.........some of us are now getting together in person. There are meetings taking place all across the country. A big one is at Findley Park in Ohio.........and all of the dog owners that can make it......meet every few months and they have a grand time.

You must get to know Phred...........look around for him, but he is owned by Cinder and Smoke.......German Shepherds ...and he is just very special. Goodness and he has a cat too.... Boots!
You will understand after you start reading some of his posts.

I held the second California BBQ in July of last year and my sides still hurt from all of the laughter and fun.

I am so glad that you have joined us.

lynnestankard
10-21-2004, 05:24 AM
What better place could you be Annie - with or without a cat?
And there's always gorgeoud pics., to oooh and ahhhhh over.

Who knows maybe one day the right little furry will come aloong for you? Fingers crossed!!

Kim - is it really only a year????!!!!!!!!! Seems so much longer! LOLOLOL

Lynne

catfamily
10-21-2004, 05:30 AM
Annie..so glad you're here with us and please since your a great catlover like the rest of us..get a couple to enjoy life to the fullist.They really make life so much better.I always keep saying that cats and kittens are the greatest creatures on earth.And NICE people too of course.Like PT'ers.Carla:D ;) :D

Randi
10-21-2004, 07:24 AM
Annie, it's good to see you joined PT - with or without a kitty. :) I'm sure you'll get some one day. In the meantime, get advice, read stories and get to know us all.

A big welcome to you! :D

Fister's mom.

catmandu
10-21-2004, 08:36 AM
If we have inspired you,in any way,to give a Cat ,a Furr Ever Home,tahn we are pleased,that we havedone a good job! And that Cat,will repay you,a million fold,for everything,that you do,for her!

Palomino21
10-21-2004, 09:19 AM
Hey everyone. It is true, this is a great place to get advice and even support on cat related topics. I have learned through your experiences, especially like the kitten pics and the kitty behaviorial issues. I think it's funny that there are people out there other than my family (grew up with cats) who wakes up at odd hours to please a cat, buy them toys and treats with extra money or even better food than we get ourselves. LOL..

I do plan on getting a little fuzz ball some day soon. This will be after I move out of state. Planning on moving to the west coast next year. I want to settle down and start my family. Cats, dogs, and of course would like to have children as well.

Annie

slick
10-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Nice to have you here Annie.

Others have pretty much said it all. My addiction to this site began the day I registered in December, 2002, and now, it's all I can do to concentrate on work during the day. :D I have Pet Talk open all day and some days I spend more time lurking than working. (hey, that rhymes......) :D There is such a variety of personalities and pets and it makes it really interesting. I enjoy hearing the opinions of the younger crowd and learning from the older crowd.

The friends I've made on Pet Talk will be friends for life and I plan on going to back to Gini's year after year...unless the neighbours ban me. :eek: Keep your eye on the Meetings forum and if there is one in your neck of the woods, I encourage you to go. You won't regret it.

catcrazylady
10-21-2004, 10:18 AM
This was such a nice thread for you to start. We will all be so excited for you when you begin your new family but until then, Lord knows theres enough cats and kittens here for us to share with you!!!:D :D :D