PDA

View Full Version : 77 Sunset Thursdays???

RICHARD
10-20-2004, 02:04 PM
I work on the World Famous Sunset Boulevard soooooo....

Sunset Cooler

4 oz. Cranberry juice, 2 1/2 oz. Orange juice, Splash of Lemon juice, Ginger Ale

Blend juice with ice until smooth, Top with Ginger Ale, Garnish with Flag

It's a 'mocktail' - no alcohol....but I will fill your regular drink orders.

Kooky, lend me your comb???

----------------------

Oh my,
Who has been watching the baseball playoffs?????.....I rubbed Mario's belly for luck and look at what's happened!!

emily_the_spoiled
10-20-2004, 02:12 PM
Hi Richard,

I will stop by for a quicky DRINK. The Sunset Cooler sounds nice, but it is drizzling and miserable here right now so I think I would like something a little warmer. Can you do a hot chocolate with a shot of Frangelico? (yes I need the alcohol today...)

slick
10-20-2004, 02:13 PM
Oh thank goodness.....(but goodness has nothing to do with it..... :) :)
I'll take a DOTD but add a splash of Waaaadddkkkaaa in there for me please??

Let the Kookiness begin... :D

Killearn Kitties
10-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Hi everyone! I'll take one of those cooling drinks of the day please. Sounds just the thing for a dark night on the winter end of October in the west of Scotland!

RICHARD
10-20-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by emily_the_spoiled
Hi Richard,
Can you do a hot chocolate with a shot of Frangelico? (yes I need the alcohol today...)

Doesthe sun rise in the east?
Does Mario wear diapers?
Has a certain couple returned the Lost and Found key???
:D

Of course!!

DONE!

Slick,
DOTD and waddddkaaah!!

DONE!

KK,

DONE!!

We just had a little storm here in Lost Angeles.....nothing major....but still.....:eek:

-----------------------------------------------------

For our 'younger' patrons!!

http://www.thrillingdetective.com/77sunset.html

dukedogsmom
10-20-2004, 02:27 PM
If you'll add some vodka to mine, too, that would be great! I just got back from my break at Wal Mart and I'm burning up! Hank McTruck's air conditioning doesn't work well so I feel like I don't even have any. Need something to cool me off. Lots of ice please. Hello everyone!

catland
10-20-2004, 02:45 PM
the bar is open, the bar is open:D :D

KK - that sounds absolutely dreary!:eek: I do know that the weather has made the kitties be much nicer to me.

Richard - a nekkid beer sounds good.

Logan
10-20-2004, 02:46 PM
I like the sound of that drink, Richard! :) I'll take one, right away!!

I mentioned in an another thread that we will have a vote in SC on Nov. 2 regarding our constitutional requirement for mini bottles. Did you know that SC is the only state in the entire US that requires mini bottles in bars and restaurants? I figure that one Thursday ought to be spent here in SC to get those stronger drinks before the law changes to free pour liquor drinks. Statistics say that each mixed drink in SC has 1.7 ounces of liquor (unless it is a White Russion or something like that which would have TWICE the liquor) versus the national average of 1 ounce in states that have free pour. :eek: Don't you all want to come to SC next Thursday and celebrate the mini bottle one more time before it goes away? I'm assuming that the constitutional amendment will pass, of course. The only place you can get mini bottles is on an airplane or in the great state of SC, where you can get really, really strong drinks, six days out of the week (no liquor sold in SC on Sunday, except in some cities where there have been special votes to allow restaurants and bars to serve them if they buy a special license).

RICHARD
10-20-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
If you'll add some vodka to mine, too, that would be great! I just got back from my break at Wal Mart and I'm burning up! Hank McTruck's air conditioning doesn't work well so I feel like I don't even have any. Need something to cool me off. Lots of ice please. Hello everyone!

DOTD WITH waaaadkaaah! With plenty of frozen water!!

DONE!

Catland!

A nekkid Beer!

DONE!

Logan...

Field trip next week to your neck of the woods....can you prepare an intinerary for us? place to see, etc????

Let's celebrate a Laker's preseason win....
I need to know what you think about phil jackson's book!!

DONE!

davidpizzica
10-20-2004, 03:10 PM
RICHARD, a DOTD sounds great! I think the key is on the bar, may want to borrow it again!

RICHARD
10-20-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by david p
RICHARD, a DOTD sounds great! I think the key is on the bar, may want to borrow it again!

DOTD, DONE!!

Be careful with your keys...Mario throws them on the roof!

Corinna
10-20-2004, 04:39 PM
That drink sounds great , no booze just up my ally . I'm going to miss keeping up this week and not being here ALL next week. (how am I going to live) Meeting some Pters will help)

Killearn Kitties
10-20-2004, 04:49 PM
Ooh, are you meeting PTers Corrina? What have I missed.

Catland, it is dreary here tonight, not cold, but damp! Yuk!

gini
10-20-2004, 04:53 PM
It Never Rains In Southern California
( Albert Hammond )

Got on board a westbound seven forty-seven
Didn't think before deciding what to do
Ooh, that talk of opportunities, TV breaks and movies
Rang true, sure rang true ...

Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya?
It pours, man, it pours

I'm out of work, I'm out of my head
Out of self respect, I'm out of bread
I'm underloved, I'm underfed, I wanna go home
It pours, man, it pours

Will you tell the folks back home I nearly made it?
Had offers but didn't know which one to take
Please don't tell 'em how you found me
Don't tell 'em how you found me
Gimme a break, give me a break

Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It pours, man, it pours

LIES!! ALL LIES!! Only the very last line is TRUE!

Richard, I will be back at 5 for one of the Daily Specials with a bit of Vodka added, please!

slick
10-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
Ooh, are you meeting PTers Corrina? What have I missed.
I'm meeting Corinna next Tuesday in Mt. Vernon Washington. Hopefully there will be others from Seattle as well. Want to come along Karen?

Gini: you're going to stay away for the next 2 hours??? **snicker snicker** Me thinks maybe you'll sneak in a lurk or two. The addiction is just too strong.:D

Richard, another DOTD please. That last one was good but a little light on the **ahem** spirit.

RICHARD
10-20-2004, 05:42 PM
CORINNA,

DOTD, done!

KK,
Do you have a fireplace???;)

Gini,

thanks for the reminder:p :D ;)

Slick
Double DOTD for you!!
DONE!

christa
10-20-2004, 06:37 PM
Finally here!

OK bartender . . . Sounds good. I'll take a DOTD with just a smidge of vodka. ;)

Ah, make that two smidges.

RICHARD
10-20-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by christa
Finally here!

OK bartender . . . Sounds good. I'll take a DOTD with just a smidge of vodka. ;)

Ah, make that two smidges.

Two smidges.....DONE!

I won't be around tomorrow....I am hanging the key under the sign out front....

Behave yourselves and I'll see ya'll on Friday!!!:D

slick
10-20-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
I am hanging the key under the sign out front....
Oh that's just great, hang it in full view so all the Riff Raff from the street can wander in....

Wait a minute....isn't that us??? :D :D

One for each hand before you go please Richard, then I'm heading off home early. Whatever you are doing tomorrow, it won't be as much fun as coming here. See ya Friday.

wolflady
10-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Wait for me!! I'm here! I'm here!! A DOTD would be great. I'm feeling a little stressed out/under the weather/tired today. I definitely need a pick-me-up.

Hey, along with that DOTD, some....Raman Noodles would be great! ;) LOL Perfect for the cold and rainy weather.

slick
10-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Pssst, Karen, I spy with my little eye some paper and felt pens........wanna? Huh?? Let's. How's your poetry today? :D :D :D

wolflady
10-20-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by slick
Pssst, Karen, I spy with my little eye some paper and felt pens........wanna? Huh?? Let's. How's your poetry today? :D :D :D

LOL LOL ;) Let's roll!!! I'm sure I could whip something up...so to speak!

gini
10-20-2004, 07:16 PM
Oh, no, those two are going to write poetry? I can hear them snickering and giggling way down here in Los Angeles!!

And here I am at 5 for my drinks...........and Richard has gone home!

Oh, well, I am still working, so I guess I will just get back to it.

RICHARD
10-20-2004, 07:17 PM
Two DOTDs...

Behave....;)

wolflady
10-20-2004, 07:26 PM
http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage11/20.gif

KYS
10-20-2004, 09:43 PM
I'll take a Sunset Cooler please.
Isn't the Roxy theater on Sunset Bl?

slick
10-20-2004, 09:49 PM
Hi KYS: I don't remember seeing you here before. Welcome and make yourself comfortable by the fire.

I don't think Richard bartends during the evenings so I'll try and fill in for him. Thank goodness he left the recipe here. Do you want a little umbrella??? ;)

KYS
10-20-2004, 10:03 PM
Thank you slick,
I am one of those people that pop in on Thursdays once in awhile.
A warm fireplace sounds wonderful and I would
love a little umbrella too please. :)

slick
10-20-2004, 10:14 PM
OK, here you go. It says "garnish with a flag" so I gave you both. Enjoy! Excuse me while I go out back and cut some or applewood for the fire. Tomorrow is "Thirsdy" and I need to make sure there is enough for the whole day.

"Regulars" Missing in Action:
Laurie, Miss Meow, Lynn, Catland, Cataholic, Snappy, and others. Hope they check in tomorrow.

Killearn Kitties
10-21-2004, 06:24 AM
Well, since I'm first here, Slick, I'll get that applewood fire going. Thanks for cutting all that wood! Good grief, there are a lot of cats in here! Is it the combination of rotten weather and a blazing fire?

I hope you have a great time next Tuesday! Yes, I'd LOVE to come, but I have to work that day!! I'll be there is spirit. :D

So, we might be having another "field trip" next Thursday? I'll be packed and ready. :D

davidpizzica
10-21-2004, 06:37 AM
Hey, KK! I'll give you a hand getting the fire started. Maybe we can get some coffee brewing. Gee, it's damp and chilly, just like Pittsburgh weather right now!

lbaker
10-21-2004, 08:23 AM
Coffee you say?? Real strong and warm... just how I like 'em ;) Cold, damp, dank... YUK. I know we aren't the only ones but sheez Louise - they don't have fire places here at work. How rude. I think a splash of Kahlua in that coffee would goooo ohhhh sooooo well right now. How about some buttermilk bisquits, fried ham and red-eye gravy! mmmmm-GOOD!! My brother and his best buddy are flying in from So Cal this afternoon and appear to be going out of the frying pan into the fire (as it were). Actually I think they will welcome a real toasty fire in the living room with a bunch of dogs and cats to admire! See you all later...

davidpizzica
10-21-2004, 08:56 AM
Oh, laurie! You sure are making this ole boy hungry! I like coffee with a little kick to it! I can use it after playing King scoopalot!

slick
10-21-2004, 09:02 AM
**yawns.....stretch**
Good grief guys, you've gotten an early start. Nice fire Karen and David. Thanks.
Laurie, thanks for checking in. We need to keep track of you, you know. :) It's a little too early for me to eat but that food sure sounds great. What is red-eye gravy anyway? Only red-eyes I know are the ones I used to have after a night of drinking. Now those were the days.....:rolleyes: :eek:
Think I'll set myself down and ease into the morning.
I was thinking that next week I'll stay behind and decorate this bar for Halloween. I've got lots of spider webs and scary stuff that I can hang up. Why not.

Killearn Kitties
10-21-2004, 09:02 AM
Do you people do this just to upset me? What is red-eye gravy? How can I make it when I don't know what it is?

Great coffee David! The little taste of Kahlua helps too. How's the old leg?

davidpizzica
10-21-2004, 09:11 AM
KK, to tell you the truth, I'M not sure what red eyed gravy is either! As for my knee, beginning of november, I can go back to work.(what is work?) Also next sunday I can start bowling again, but I'll take it easy! I think Pittsburgh has the same weather as Scotland!

gini
10-21-2004, 09:56 AM
Oh boy, whoever started that fire is a wonderful person! You all will laugh, but it is 51 here this morning...........and we thin blooded Californian's can't take it! I bet some of that coffee and a splash of the Kahlua would warm up these bones in a hurry.

Slick, I will help you decorate for Halloween. I found a box of sculls in the L & F............they look pretty scary!

Killearn Kitties
10-21-2004, 10:01 AM
Hmm, let's just hope it doesn't have red eyes in it; Slick's or anyone else's!

I'm glad you're almost well enough to go back to work, David. It must be a bit of a thought though. Go easy on the bowling! Don't be lunging too enthusiastically at first.

Should we put some music on? Are you still our DJ? Any 1977 tunes immediately spring to mind?

Killearn Kitties
10-21-2004, 10:02 AM
Skulls AND red eyes. I'm almost too scared to stay!

DJFyrewolf36
10-21-2004, 10:06 AM
Gini, the high today is supposedly going to be 51! I'd be happy with the balmy CA weather right now!

Sigh, I need something to take care of my arthritis :( all my joints are swolen and I couldn't even walk yesterday!

Sheesh, whats going to happen when I get OLD !?!?

I need to move someplace warmer hehe or I need to get more cats to cuddle with!!

ohhh you guys are decorating for Holloween? I've got some fake spiderwebs :D

Corinna
10-21-2004, 10:14 AM
Morning all I brought some bacon Quiche that every one devoured last time. Oh man its really halloweeny in here. her is some cds Monster mash and Elvira. :) How about some hot cocoa .Its 38 and raining (snow ) predicted for later. Thank dog I'm leaving for your chilly west coast weather tonight.

slick
10-21-2004, 10:17 AM
51!!!!:eek: That's still summer weather for me. I'm still wearing shorts and a T up here. :D As a matter of fact, last year I wore shorts all winter.

Exciting day today, my boss is only working half a day and she's bringing in her Great Dane (Kobi) to keep us company. Gotta make sure I get pictures.

Hi DJ: sit by the fire and warm up those joints. Sorry to hear you are in such pain. I'll bet a good strong coffee with "spirits" will help you.

Gini: good idea to check the lost and found, but we should knock before entering....;)

Corinna
10-21-2004, 10:29 AM
Hey you can't take a road trip next week I won't be near a computer. I will be back nov. 1st. Hey Slick I found a mummy in the L&F. (NO D&D thankfully)

davidpizzica
10-21-2004, 11:05 AM
No. Corinna, it wasn't us in there! Both of us are still very much alive, I think. LOL LOL

gini
10-21-2004, 11:13 AM
We had better put a notice on the bulletin board to see if anyone has lost their mummy.

trayi52
10-21-2004, 11:13 AM
Whoopee, I'm back in the land of phones and the internet again!! I am so happy!

Give me something to celebrate! A beer would be great! I hear you are decorating for Halloween and Mario is helping?! Well he is good at decorating!

Now for that beer, and a DOTD, I'll just take both just to make up for lost time!

By the way, how is everybody, today?

Willie:D

DJFyrewolf36
10-21-2004, 11:22 AM
Glad to see you're ok Willie! I was kind of getting worried. Sorry to hear about your phone troubles, our phones were acting goofy here too. Mom and Dads phone stopped working entirely. Turns out some dingaling was repairing the main box and disconected the wrong thing :rolleyes:

Heh Slick I'll take a coffee with Irish Cream...Its what I was drinking on the first date with my hubby so its a real comfort drink for me :)

davidpizzica
10-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Willie, I'm glasd to see that you are still among the living! Everyone was SO worried about you!

Killearn Kitties
10-21-2004, 11:57 AM
No Pet Talk for days, Willie!! How did you cope?

lbaker
10-21-2004, 12:05 PM
Ham steak is just about done, now for that red-eye gravy! I know it sounds weird but don't knock it if you haven't tried it. It's simply taking the rather thick slice of ham out of the fry pan (one of those old black ones works best) after slicing off some of the fat from around the edges to brown. Pour some strong coffee (YES, coffee) into the pan and scrape the bottom of the pan. Heat up nicely with splash of secret ingredients. Serve over ham and/or maybe some grits with buttermilk bisquits. mmmmmmm good.

Logan
10-21-2004, 12:22 PM
I never knew about the coffee part, Laurie! I know my mom made it, and I just figured she took the grease from the ham, added some flour and maybe water and that was red eye gravy! In fact, it always looked to me like it was just the grease! My dad always "floated" it on the grits!!! Once again, I found the answer, Karen, at www.grits.com!! Here's what they say:

Red Eye Gravy (http://www.grits.com/grit_red.htm)

Here's another:

Red eye gravy (http://www.recipe-source.com/side-dishes/sauces/02/rec0252.html)

Here's the best descriptions I could find:

Red Eye Gravy (http://www.raleighrealestate.com/weekly/050500.htm)

You have proceeded to make me crave country ham and red-eye gravy! I see some grits, eggs and country ham (with red-eye gravy) in my menu over the weekend!!! :)

lynnestankard
10-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Good grief it's stair rodding out there - **Shakes umbrella** - Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr really chilly aint it - could do with a hot chocolate and brandy - need warming up.

Hi all *waves* - nice and full tonight - so whats on the agenda?

Oh no Richard - don't tell me we've been desserted by our favourtie bar keep?!! I'll get my own hot chocolate and brandy - anyone else fancy one?

Lynne

trayi52
10-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Lets see now, how did I cope? I am now bald, my husband is bald, my grandson is bald and well anybody that walked into my house is bald!

Mario, would not come near me, he seen this gleam in my eyes, and decided it was best to stay in the trees and away from me, the cats and dogs hid under the bed!

Oh well, its over, I hope!! I was almost down to banging my head on the walls, or maybe the phone companys? LOL, lucky it didn't come to that!!

More beer!!

wolflady
10-21-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by gini
Oh boy, whoever started that fire is a wonderful person! You all will laugh, but it is 51 here this morning...........and we thin blooded Californian's can't take it! I bet some of that coffee and a splash of the Kahlua would warm up these bones in a hurry.

Slick, I will help you decorate for Halloween. I found a box of sculls in the L & F............they look pretty scary!

You are so right Gini! I don't know how on earth I survived Indiana weather now that I've completely whimped out here in California. Before, I would break out my T-shirts if it was 50 degrees in Indiana, now I'm freezing and I layer on the sweaters! The fire is nice, and some of that coffee with slicks irish cream would be divine. Serve me up some of that breakfast, Laurie! Glad to see you Willie!!

gini
10-21-2004, 12:47 PM
Oh, Willie, I know exactly how you feel. That is the way that I felt with my internet down. It would come on for exactly five minutes and then crash.

But to have your phones out too............not fun!

davidpizzica
10-21-2004, 12:56 PM
YUM! Coffee with irish cream will hit the spot! According to a line in "Let it Snow" " the fire is so delightful"

slick
10-21-2004, 01:35 PM
Willie, you're back!! :) :)
So nice to see you here again. You must have been going crazy with no phone or internet connection. I'd go nutz. Sit down and relax and I'll fix you anything you want. Just name it.

zippy-kat
10-21-2004, 01:42 PM
MIDTERMS (all three weeks of them) are finally OVER!!!!

Peppermint iced-tea please -- or blackberry, whichever's in stock.

I know I owe some of you emails.... will work on that later today. :o

trayi52
10-21-2004, 01:44 PM
Thanks, Slick, I'll have a beer and a beer and a beer. Huh, thats just for starters! LOL, I did go nuts without a telephone and the internet, what the heck, Pet Talk is what I missed more than anything! Thats like being without your family.

Willie:)

slick
10-21-2004, 01:50 PM
OK, heads up. Here you go....catch.....

**slides 3 glasses of beer down the bar**

Zipster...congrats. You must be feeling somewhat relieved that it's all over for now. :) Peppermint iced tea or PIT coming right up.

Lynne, my friend. What can I get you?

catland
10-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Tray and Zippy both back on the same day!

Hey, I like the fake spider webs that you guys put up - this one looks so real...

and so does the sp-sp-sp-spiddd - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

snappy
10-21-2004, 03:03 PM
"Regulars" Missing in Action:
Laurie, Miss Meow, Lynn, Catland, Cataholic, Snappy, and others. Hope they check in tomorrow.

Snappy here - sorry to miss all the fun yesterday and earlier today! Haven't even had time to read the history yet....but I know I sure could use a beverage - something with either Jack or waaadka or rum in it would be just fine.

Got to go pick up my boys at the 'spa'. They got the full treatment today - hair cut, nails trimmed, puppy massage during the bathing - funny though, they don't think it is as much fun as I think it would be. hmmmmmmmm:)

trayi52
10-21-2004, 03:04 PM
Hehe, who supplied the spider? Mario?

Zippy, isn't it great to be back? I am so, so happy to be back!!

gini
10-21-2004, 03:07 PM
Mario, quit wiggling that spider in front of everyone!! You are scaring everyone to death!

Ah, yes, isn't the bar just wonderful with everyone stopping by.......especially Zippy (WOW! exams are over).

I hope that is a chair under all of those cobwebs, because I am going to sit down and order a good drink!

snappy
10-21-2004, 03:17 PM
To bad Richard can't be here today - but Slick you are doing a fine job of tending to the place!

btw - here is a pic of one of my boys - it is from New Years Eve 2003 - 2004. This is Jessie. I am working on getting a pic of both of them to post later.....

gini
10-21-2004, 03:28 PM
Wow, Snappy, what a beautiful boy Jesse is!! I am glad that you could bring him by the bar to show him off!:D Maybe he can play with Mario for a while.

trayi52
10-21-2004, 03:31 PM
Aww, Snappy, Jesse, is just adorable! I know Mario would love him!

DJFyrewolf36
10-21-2004, 03:38 PM
No more catnip for Remus! He was in such a *mood* at lunch today :p He sure does love to wrestle, glad its long sleeve shirt season! Jessie is one adorable boy :D welcome to the bar, Jessie! Here's a treat for you!

Mario, the fake spiderwebs should have fake spiders...not real ones! :eek:

snappy
10-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Jessie never ever turns down a treat. And I am sure that he and Mario can and will get into all sorts of trouble!

Thanks DJFryeWolf36 for the treat. I am sorry he was so excited that he didn't sit pretty for you.

Mario - please take the real spiders out of here. Jessie is trying to eat them!

slick
10-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by snappy
To bad Richard can't be here today - but Slick you are doing a fine job of tending to the place!
Thanks Snappy. I'm not good at much, but watching Richard this past year has taught me how to pour a strong one.

Jesse, you are one fine looking pup. Come and sit over here with Auntie Slick. I've got some home-made treats for you. Do you like beef liver?? How about cheese?? Ok, Mario, I suppose you can have one too but I really don't think you will like them.

Don't worry about the spiders. I'll pick them up and take them outside. Don't want to see any meet their maker in here.

lynnestankard
10-21-2004, 03:51 PM
Hi Snappy - great to have Jessie round - maybe Mario will calm down and play - if he ever stops messing about with them spiders - eeeekkkk.

Thanks Slick - I helped myself to a 'Lumumba' - hot chocolate with Brandy. Found these marshmallows too - hope they weren't being kept for something special.

Well Hi Zip., - lovely to see you - long time no see. So pleased the exams are over - time to put your feet up and chill.

Lynne

Corinna
10-21-2004, 03:59 PM
well well looks like the gang is almost all here today. One thing about winter most of us seem to get here more often. I'm sneaking in for a moment I"m supposed to be packing (I hate packing i never pack the right clothes. One business trip I had 5 skirts and guess what no blouses. No smart comments . I will try to get back while hubby naps (leaving 1 am)

DJFyrewolf36
10-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Jessie never ever turns down a treat. And I am sure that he and Mario can and will get into all sorts of trouble!

Thanks DJFryeWolf36 for the treat. I am sorry he was so excited that he didn't sit pretty for you.

Mario - please take the real spiders out of here. Jessie is trying to eat them!

Thats ok, I have a cat so Im used to it! :D Your pup eats spiders too? My parents dog Twilight likes doing that...Remus once ate a wasp. I thought Id have to take him to the vet! He ended up ok though, dingbat!

slick
10-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
One business trip I had 5 skirts and guess what no blouses. No smart comments.
Who me?? Make a smart comment??? Never. :D :D Slick and Corinna meeting countdown.....4 days.
Hey Lynne....help yourself to the marshies. That way Mario won't get into them.

Hmmmm, I've got a hankering for sip and a snack. Think I'll make myself a BM. Anyone here up for some nachos with the works?

davidpizzica
10-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Nachos with the works. Slick, count me in! I can't turn down NACHOS!

lynnestankard
10-21-2004, 05:04 PM
I know you lot will be drinking and gabbing far into the night - I'm off to bed - 11pm and the old eyelids are feeling a wee bit heavy.

Oh thank you Mario - what a lovely sloppy good-night kiss - a huggy too - how sweet - what have you been eating? Oh you've not have you?!! Urgh!!!

'Night-'Night everyone - I know there will be some still here tomorrow morning!! See you all then xxx
Lynne

gini
10-21-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
I know you lot will be drinking and gabbing far into the night -

I know there will be some still here tomorrow morning!! See you all then xxx
Lynne

Good grief, does she know us all well, or what????:D :D

slick
10-21-2004, 05:31 PM
Good grief, does she know us all well, or what????:D :D
I think our reputation precedes us. :D

Nachos up. Come and get 'em.

Killearn Kitties
10-21-2004, 05:39 PM
Mmmmm these are good nachos! Done nothing but eat today! Ham, red-eye gravy, more grits, nachos ...

Bread and water for me tomorrow!

davidpizzica
10-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
Mmmmm these are good nachos! Done nothing but eat today! Ham, red-eye gravy, more grits, nachos ...

Bread and water for me tomorrow! Karen, how did you like the red eyed gravy? Not bad tasting, huh? Put some of that gravy on your bread!

Corinna
10-21-2004, 09:25 PM
Hey Slick I'm really counting down the days too . I'm going to e-mail you my cel # just you need to reach me

slick
10-21-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
Hey Slick I'm really counting down the days too . I'm going to e-mail you my cel # just you need to reach me
OK. Ready and waiting.:) :)

Corinna
10-21-2004, 09:38 PM
well guys I have to sign off so I can finish packing the car,.get ll the furbabies in and fed so then I can wake up hubby.
I'm going to miss you guys the whole time I'm hoping may be my in=laws will let me use there computer. (I forgot they had one)
Slick I will see you on Tuesday.
All of you have a great week.

gini
10-22-2004, 01:17 AM
Corinna and Slick............I just know that you will have the best time meeting each other. I already know Slick and love her to pieces..........and I just know I would like you too Corinna.

Have a great time together and I hope there are some pictures and stories that you both will share.

slick
10-22-2004, 08:52 AM
I already know Slick and love her to pieces.......... Right back atcha my friend. :) Wish like heck you could be there and yes will take lots of pictures.
Good morning everyone. Here, it's cold, dark, windy and rainy. Typical Wet Coast October weather. I've stoked up the fire and will put on fresh coffee. Help yourself. I wonder what Debbie is doing now?

davidpizzica
10-22-2004, 09:01 AM
Slick, it's chilly & overcast in Pittsburgh and I can use the fire stoked and coffee nice and hot! I'll need a little something before I go to therapy.

Killearn Kitties
10-22-2004, 09:48 AM
Good luck with the knee therapy. David. I'm sure all that exercise will heat you up!

slick
10-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Gee, it's quiet in here now. Purrfect time to do cleanup duties. I imagine Richard should be back soon so better get this place in tip-top shape otherwise he'll have my head on the chopping block and I'll have to hear the old Trump comment of "You're fired".:D

RICHARD
10-22-2004, 11:50 AM
Hi guys..

I stopped in for a moment....

My only problem is I can't use a computer in a truck....I am working with my brother for a few days....

Oops!!!
*cough cough*
I am sick from my regular job....

Glad to see everyone here and in good 'spirits'

I'll be back later on and over the weekends...

PS I'd never abandon you all!

snappy
10-22-2004, 02:24 PM
Slick - the place looks great - see Richard didn't even notice the spiderwebs! :)

Going to be running all weekend this weekend so I came to sit a spell just to relax before I start my marathon......

whew.:)

slick
10-22-2004, 02:31 PM
Hi Snappy. Sure, please make yourself comfortable. It's too quiet in here today. Here's a quarter for the jukebox. What can I get you to drink?

snappy
10-22-2004, 02:33 PM
Something that will give me the energy I need to get through this evening and yet keeps me mellow....hmmmmmmm

How about a Red Bull and Waaaaaka?

What would you like to hear on the juke box? Any type of music?

slick
10-22-2004, 02:38 PM
Holy Cow!! Red Bull it is then. DONE!
Put anything on the jukebox you like. I'm flexible.
Are you hungry? I can easily whip up a batch of hot crab dip.

catland
10-22-2004, 03:06 PM
I'm flexible.

ok-ok- don't take the bait, don't take the bait.

Huh? oh, sorry, was I thinkin out loud again? I'd love a Spanish coffee - its cc-c-c-c-old in my office today.

slick
10-22-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by catland
ok-ok- don't take the bait, don't take the bait.

Huh? oh, sorry, was I thinkin out loud again? I'd love a Spanish coffee - its cc-c-c-c-old in my office today.
OMG, firstly, I just love your signature. :D :D
Secondly, I was wondering if someone would notice the bait. Too bad Richard and Laurie aren't around. I'm sure they'd have something to say about that.
Thirdly, Spanish Coffee DONE!:)
Sit down by the fire. I've been trying to keep it going today.

davidpizzica
10-22-2004, 03:28 PM
Oh, Slick, I'll take some spanish coffee, too! I'm still a little sore from the therapy, and maybe warmth from the fire will sooth me.

slick
10-22-2004, 03:32 PM
Here you go David.

DONE! :)

snappy
10-22-2004, 03:41 PM
OK - I have FINALLY made up my mind on the juke box - how about a little CCR to get us moving just a bit. Maybe some Proud Mary - and move into Tina Turner's version - and then on to some Ray Charles? I just feel like hearing something different.

Thanks for the Red Bull - I am much more energized now. Catland - come sit by me - I have so much energy now I am sure that it will rub off on you and you won't even feel the cold!

David - sorry you are sore - but no pain no gain...or something like that!

trayi52
10-22-2004, 04:15 PM
Snappy, think I'll sit with you and enjoy the peace and quite and drink a good cold beer.

Willie:)

slick
10-22-2004, 04:28 PM
Sorry...work getting in the way.

Willie
beer
DONE!

Do you think you could have a word with Mario and tell him to stop stuffing mini-marshmellows up his nose?:eek:

Snappy, good choice of music. Thanks.

trayi52
10-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Well, I can try to talk to him about it, but then he may start stuffin up our nose then! Ewwwwe! Long as he eats them himself!

davidpizzica
10-22-2004, 04:44 PM
OK - I have FINALLY made up my mind on the juke box - how about a little CCR to get us moving just a bit. Maybe some Proud Mary - and move into Tina Turner's version - and then on to some Ray Charles? I just feel like hearing something different.

Thanks for the Red Bull - I am much more energized now. Catland - come sit by me - I have so much energy now I am sure that it will rub off on you and you won't even feel the cold!

David - sorry you are sore - but no pain no gain...or something like that! Snappy, I think I'll feel better if I heard "Bad Moon Rising", too! I also feel good enough to(with the therapist's okay) bowl on sunday. Gutterballs galore!

catland
10-22-2004, 05:35 PM
thanks Snappy - I'm much warmer now.

movie trivia time - name that movie...

"ahhh Credence..... you want to see something really scary?"

Killearn Kitties
10-22-2004, 06:43 PM
Hmm ... don't think I saw that one. Give us a clue!

Music's good in here today.

iceyshiver21
10-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Not a clue about the trivia.

Long time no see eh? I know thursday is a little past. But I thought I would stop in and say hi to the thursday club. ^-^ Miss you all.

By the way. I just turned 17 on this past thursday. ;D

Killearn Kitties
10-23-2004, 08:17 AM
... and you didn't spend your birthday here??!

Hope you had a good day!

jazzzytina
10-23-2004, 09:11 AM
Trivia answer: Twilight Zone?

lynnestankard
10-23-2004, 02:41 PM
I know it's Saturday night - but as I'm on my own I thought I'd wander over and have a little drink.

Eeeewwww what's happened to these mini-marshmallows? I'm not having hot chocolate - think I'll go for a beer.

Icyshiver - think I missed your 17th Birthday belated good wishes.

He he he David - good luck with the bowling tomorrow - hope the knee behaves!!

Right that's me in this chair, with a beer and some crisps (chips) - ahhhhhhhh.

Lynne

slick
10-23-2004, 02:46 PM
Well, I don't have a clue what trivia question they are trying to answer. Too much for my feeble brain.
Sorry guys, it's serve yourself this weekend. I'm running wild here. Been home for about an hour to put groceries away and now have to go out again. :rolleyes: You know where everything is.

IS: Happy 17th and welcome back.

Be good and keep an eye on Mario. There are more diapers in the ladies washroom under the sink.

Until next week.

slick
xo

davidpizzica
10-23-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
I know it's Saturday night - but as I'm on my own I thought I'd wander over and have a little drink.

Eeeewwww what's happened to these mini-marshmallows? I'm not having hot chocolate - think I'll go for a beer.

Icyshiver - think I missed your 17th Birthday belated good wishes.

He he he David - good luck with the bowling tomorrow - hope the knee behaves!!

Right that's me in this chair, with a beer and some crisps (chips) - ahhhhhhhh.

Lynne Lynne, that's me sitting in a chair next to you! I'll have a hot chocolate minus the marshmallows. Lynne, I'll be bowling with a Lutheran church league that I've belonged to for (shudder!) twenty years! I hope to get three games out of the old(new) knee. But I'll be careful!!

trayi52
10-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Yahoooooo, for David!!! Have fun! But take care of that knee!

A beer does sound good.

I think I will take Mario in the bathroom and give him a good old diaper change so he will be clean and fresh as a daisy!

davidpizzica
10-23-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Yahoooooo, for David!!! Have fun! But take care of that knee!

A beer does sound good.

I think I will take Mario in the bathroom and give him a good old diaper change so he will be clean and fresh as a daisy!

Willie:D Willie, I WILL take care of it! I certainly DO NOT want to go through knee surgery again. Once is enough!!!