PDA

View Full Version : Harry and Nameless

catnapper
10-20-2004, 01:40 PM
I still can't figure out what Evie's name should be! Its driving me nuts!

Someone asked yesterday how much larger Harry is than the cat-formerly-known-as-Evie... this should give you a good approximation.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/kimmel101/Cats/Sizecomparison2.jpg

He's all boy, and she's a dainty girl
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/kimmel101/Cats/Sizecomparison1.jpg

Here she is with her canine look-alike
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/kimmel101/Cats/Nicki_and_Evie.jpg

And I just love that little orange heart on her head!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/kimmel101/Cats/TheGirls.jpg
(though its getting lighter as the weeks go by... I hope it doesn't fade completely)

wolf_Q
10-20-2004, 01:51 PM
What's wrong with the name Evie? I think it's adorable! :)

GraciesMommy
10-20-2004, 01:52 PM
She looks like an EVIE to me!

catnapper
10-20-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
What's wrong with the name Evie? I think it's adorable! :)

I don't know. The name itself is ok. I just don't feel like its HER. Harry matches Harry, and when I got Pouncer, his name matched him... but Evie doesn't seem like an Evie.

Samantha Puppy
10-20-2004, 02:09 PM
Ella. Ginny.

jenluckenbach
10-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Look at that sweet orange and white kissable face! Darn it Kim, if you don't keep him I might just come down and get him myself.

The problem with Evie is that the person who named her pronounced it Eh-vie, as in short for Evelyn, not EE-vie as most people do when they see it in writing. I think we need something that we can all get right! ;)

Like Cameo! or Cammie for short.

Samantha Puppy
10-20-2004, 02:43 PM
Or Cambria, and call her Bree for short.

kimlovescats
10-20-2004, 02:50 PM
For some reason Gwen popped into my head?

Samantha Puppy
10-20-2004, 03:00 PM
Is she regal? Guinevere is a cute name! Or Gwyneth. Kimlovescats got me started on the G names. Genevieve.

catnapper
10-20-2004, 03:31 PM
Gwen's not bad! I don't know what she is! :D

She is dainty and very feminine. She holds herself like a princess already. She's very shy, but sweet. She's also talkative and needs to know where everyone is at all times... as if she wants to herd us into our rightful place. She also plays and plays... and is very adventurous.

Does that help anyone help me? Ugh.. if I had DSL I'd be happy. I found a great site with babynames but loading the neams on dial-up is horrendous!

Edwina's Secretary
10-20-2004, 03:49 PM
How about Marley?? (I thought of marble cake when I saw her...)

christa
10-20-2004, 04:25 PM
She has a sweet face. I guess I'll throw my suggestions into the hat, LOL.

Holly
Abby
Maggie
Lexie
Lucy
Marnie
Polly
Sadie
Ella
Emma

She's such a pretty little girl! I hope you find the purrfect name for her soon!

Samantha Puppy
10-20-2004, 04:49 PM
If she's regal yet adventurous, sweet and feminine, I'd definitely go with Guinevere. It was the name of King Arthur's love - and she [supposedly] was a very strong, sweet, feminine woman even way back then. And I think Gwinnie (Guinnie) is very cute for a nickname too.

lizzielou742
10-20-2004, 06:25 PM
They are SO cute!!! I love Evie's coloring. :)

Names:
Princess
Gracie
Chloe
Ellie
Lucy
Coco
Bella
Jessie
Zoe
Phoebe
Lilly
Emmy
Lady

Names that go with Harry:
Debbie
Hermione
Caray (LOL, just kidding)

:D :D :D

prechrswife
10-20-2004, 07:43 PM
I like LizzieLou's idea of Hermione to go with Harry. Both of them are adorable.:)

jazzcat
10-20-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
I

Okay, can I just say that I am in love with that adorable pink nose on Harry. YOU HAVE TO KEEP HARRY!!!! Call her Ying, change him to Yang, whatever it takes to make you keep them both!

There, got that off my chest.

kimlovescats
10-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Hey, what about Sally? You know, "When Harry Met Sally?" :D

Barbara
10-21-2004, 03:00 AM
I think whatever her name is she has to stay with big brother. Looks as if he can be friends with everyone (like his buddies Allen and Pouncer) and she needs him to communicate with the world.
She is a sweet baby:)

lynnestankard
10-21-2004, 04:13 AM
I think she's an Abby :D :D :D It just suits her.

Lynne

catfamily
10-21-2004, 05:38 AM
So so pretty.Harry looks like a kitten I had when I was about 5 years old.Exact lookalike.I cannot remember what happened to her though.She always slept on the pillow with me.My household wasn't very nice and had a mean stepfather who hurt cats so I don't really want to think about what may of happened.But that cat is a duplicate.Can you send him here???????LOL.:D ;) :D

Killearn Kitties
10-21-2004, 07:49 AM
I must admit, I still think she looks like an Abby. I love the suggestions of Debbie or Sally though. :D :D

catnapper
10-21-2004, 08:25 AM
I've been driving myself nuts over the name thing. Grant still thinks Abby is the best choice. I talked to my mom last night about it and she she said that one of Grandmom's last cats was Abby. (I knew she had 3 cats, but I could only remember Tiny and Midnight) Abby was relatively young when Grandmom passed away and the last few years before she died was a war between the two of us.. I refused to speak with her :( .

Kim.... ROTFLMBO at Sally!

Lori, don't worry... I think Grant is so attached to them now that neither are going anywhere. In fact, he hassn't even mentioned talking to my daughter's boyfriends' parents regarding adopting Harry.

And HE blames ME for the increased number of cats! :D :rolleyes: :p

catmandu
10-21-2004, 08:28 AM
Please think Sheba,a tribute,to a very nice RB Cat!

catnapper
10-21-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
Please think Sheba,a tribute,to a very nice RB Cat!
Gary, I am so proud that Pouncer is named after your truly special girl... and that she is able to watch over him. But my husband has vetoed the name "Sheba" without even a chance to reconsider. (I also knew the world's meanest cat with that name.. she bit everyone in her path.)

Tina
10-21-2004, 10:30 AM
They are both so adorable! I'm not very good at comming up with names. I think Abby is a cute name for her or Gwen.