PDA

View Full Version : Ruby!

Barbara
10-20-2004, 06:41 AM
Ruby, all of our cats are smart (well, most of them:rolleyes: ) but you have pushed the frontiers of cat-to-human communication farther than most ;)

You know that human don't understand unless you are very precise and manage purrfectly to help the stupid humans understand what you want.

And I am sure they are happy to care for everything you might need because you ask with purring and rubbing:D

Enjoy your day near the jar with treats- I am sure there are some special ones in it for you today:D

catmandu
10-20-2004, 08:20 AM
Ruby,you are a Smart Cat,to be able,to find,just the Right Guardain,to be your lifelong Friend,and give you a Furr Everr Home,in Sunny Califonia!The Found Cats,send a Huge Found Cat MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEOOOOOOOOW To Right On Ruby,Our COTD!

nononicki
10-20-2004, 08:37 AM
Ruby..You match your name & are so beautiful. You sound like you have the breed"Turkish Van" in you. Your personality and interest in the bathtub gives you away. Check out the web for more info; my Benson is a rescue of that breed thats how I found out about them.
Great to have you as the COTD:D :D

smokey the elder
10-20-2004, 10:43 AM
You look just like a foster I have, named Marnie! She also has red ears and gold eyes and a red tail. Congrats on your special day!

tatsxxx11
10-20-2004, 12:05 PM
eautiful Ruby, you're simply amazing! What a knack you have for communicating your needs and wishes to your human...some might call that smarts!!!:eek: And such impeccable manners too! I'd love to see a shot of you balancing on the toilet seat. I'll bet your aim is perfect too;) My Mr. B looks so much like you and is thought to have Turkish Van in his hertiage too. That might explain your love for water! I have to tell you Ruby, you look simply stunning in your photo! Your tasteful baubles set off your gorgeous amber eyes to perfection! But no gem is a beautiful or treasured as you, dear Ruby:) What a joy it was to meet you sweetheart! We're honored to bestow upon you the coveted title, Cat of the Day! Congratulations to you and your proud person, Ruby! I hope you, your person and your many adoring friend and fans enjoy a very happy day celebrating you "top cat" status:) And many thanks to your person for going the rescue route and giving such a deserving kitty a paw up in life:) Hugs and purrrs to you beautiful Ruby from Sandra and kitties Mr. B and Oliver:)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-20-2004, 12:40 PM
Ruby
How beautiful you are!
You are very smart too; figuring out how to use the human litter box like that ! I am so impressed!
It was a real joy to see your sweet picture and read about you today!
Congratulations, sweetie, on being our very deserving Cat of the Day today!:D

Bari_d
10-20-2004, 01:46 PM
Ruby, your little bio was just delightful - SMART and BEAUTIFUL - that is certainly you! Glad you chose such a loving purrrrson to care for you! Be happy, pretty girl!

Noserubs, snuggles and purrs...Bari and the Cat Happy Pride

Frostfrog
10-20-2004, 02:18 PM
Ruby is smart, and pretty, too. She should be my cat and not your cat. But then the black cat, who is doing a strange dance atop this monitor, would be upset, for I am his human and he would not approve of me possessing any cat. So, I guess you and Ruby get to stay together.

My only objection to Ruby as Cat of the Day is that (as anyone would know) she should have appeared yesterday instead of today.

Whoever heard of Ruby Wednesday?

It's just wrong.

Jax
10-20-2004, 02:26 PM
What a pretty and talented girl you are Ruby!! How amazing you used the toi - very impressive indeed gorgeous! RUBY RULES! :) :D :)

Dan Holder
10-20-2004, 02:45 PM
She's a sweetie. Frostfrog is right, she should have switched with Peepy, Tuesday's COTD. But Ruby was saying "Lemme OUT of the shelter" when her human got within paw's reach. Life got really good for her at that moment. Congratulations.

NYCatGuy
10-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by nononicki
Ruby..You match your name & are so beautiful. You sound like you have the breed"Turkish Van" in you. Your personality and interest in the bathtub gives you away. Check out the web for more info; my Benson is a rescue of that breed thats how I found out about them.
Great to have you as the COTD:D :D

[ Today's COTD has helped solve a BIG mystery for me-big as in 17 pounds of cat! Our 'child' Minnie Schoenberg Marx (named in honor of the mother of all Marx Brothers),also came form our local shelter,and therefore we had no clue where she might have came from,or what her heritage might be..so I got an actual CHILL reading Ruby's story..seeing her picture..and reading thi sfollow up! I SWEAR that Minnie did the SAME exact thing when we were 'cat shopping'!!!:O Put her paw out as I was passing by..and as got closer to her...reached out with her paw and GENTLY tugged on my glasses.....talk about absolutely stealing a heart! Her facial structure is exactly like Ruby's...and all the other Turkish Vans I have now seenpictures of..she has the big front legs/paws...when we first got her, she fell in love with OUR bathtub also....until she learned it was off limits...NOW her favorite sitting place (among many,lol) is the mat/rug in FRONT of the tub...Her markings are a bit off....with a full turtle shell on her back... her tail is 'normal'...but when she spreads it looks like a Van...so I am theorizing either:

a) She was the result of a van that got loose and had an 'encounter' with an alley cat..or:

b) She was an 'imperfect' runt of a Turkish Van litter..and therefore abandoned...

she is a bit of a wild cat Ill admit...so a) is quite possible..but she is ALSO as affectionate as an animal as I have ever had...her favorite thing is to rub the top of her head on my goatee....and HOLD it there....I actually shaved it off last year..and she was absolutely mystified who I was!!!

CONGRATS TO RUBY!!!!!

karlyb
10-21-2004, 01:09 AM
Dear little Ruby, you have the brightest gold eyes! I love the jaunty slant of color over your right eye and your clean white fur. You are beautiful.

I would love to have seen you using the toilet. Wish my cats would learn to do that! You are indeed an intelligent cat, as you have learned to communicate your needs to your mom.

Best wishes to you Ruby, our beautiful COTD!

sasha the cat
10-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Mew-mew, sorry to be a day late! My KatMa is quite busy right now and will be into early November soooooooooo, since she is my secretary on a voluntary basis, mew, well -- beggers can't be choosers!

Anymeow, Ruby I just wanted to say you're an awesome girlygirl pussycat, pretty, delightful, and very, very, very smart.

Your purrsons are blessed to have you. Hope you celebrated big time yesterday. Since I'm belated with my best wishes, perhaps your purrsons will give you a mini-party tonight to celebrate how special you are! My KatMa is in love with you...