PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Me (I have an interview on Thursday)

NoahsMommy
10-20-2004, 12:40 AM
Please forgive me for not putting this in General. ;)

I was looking online at the local paper's job ads and found one for an administrative assistant working for a Child Psychologist. I really feel it would be perfect for me and so I sent a resume early this morning and got a call at 2pm today. I have to call back tomorrow to schedule a time for the interview and I'm so excited!

I've expressed a few concerns here about my current position, but basically its not a happy place. For a vet clinic, one would think people that actually LIKED animals would work there, but, no. It seems to attract dramatic and/or passive agressive, evil people. Its become a huge source of stress for me and I no longer feel the need to put myself through that. :)

This interview/position means a lot to me. I'm in school to eventually earn my PhD in Clinical Psychology, so this is a perfect match. When the woman left the message, she said something about the center having the word Austistic in it....that would be soooo great if that's what they treat.

Please pray/think good thoughts about this. I really need to be somewhere that will keep my drive up with school. Its becoming such a chore and I don't like that.

Thanks! :)

jazzcat
10-20-2004, 12:41 AM
Good luck. Prayers and good vibes on the way that this works out for you. Please keep us posted.

Don Juan's mom
10-20-2004, 02:09 AM
I'm job-hunting too :( and have just gotten a temp gig on the midnight-to-7 am shift:eek: . Best of luck from me, and I'm sure Don Juan will say the same when he wakes up. :D

Liz

sirrahbed
10-20-2004, 05:44 AM
Kelly - as soon as I read this - I thought the same thing - PERFECT FOR KELLY!!! It just sounds RIGHT and I can't wait to hear when the interview will be set up and how it goes!!! YAY!!! LET US KNOW PLEASE!!! I am excited for you:D :D

catcrazylady
10-20-2004, 05:51 AM
Best of Luck Kelly!! It does sound like a perfect job for you!! Prayers on the way that this is it!!:D

Craftlady
10-20-2004, 06:01 AM
Good Luck with your interview :)

Killearn Kitties
10-20-2004, 07:18 AM
Sounds great! Many good vibes coming your way for the interview.

Logan
10-20-2004, 07:32 AM
Good luck, Kelly! I'm sorry that your current position isn't working out the way you had hoped. Sort of sad that people who work with animals, and even sometimes children, don't "love" the very thing that they are working around. :(

Logan

Laura's Babies
10-20-2004, 08:11 AM
Lets hope that the people see what a great match you will be for what they need and not let you get away!! There is nothing like having the perfect job!! Makes life so much nicer!! GOOD LUCK!! Let us know what happens..

Uniqueviking
10-20-2004, 08:15 AM
Good luck :)

catmandu
10-20-2004, 08:43 AM
The Found Cats,and I pray,that you get that Job,and it,is all that you hope for,and Your Cats,get lots of TREATS!

ActionCat007
10-20-2004, 08:53 AM
Good Luck with your interview Kelly!

Felicia's Mom
10-20-2004, 09:54 AM
I wish you good luck in your job interview.:) :) :D

slick
10-20-2004, 01:43 PM
Best of luck my Dizzyland friend. Let us know how it goes.:)

kimlovescats
10-20-2004, 03:04 PM
Kelly, this certainly does sound perfect for you! I just prayed that if this is the job for you, it will be ... but that if it is not the Lord's will at this time, that the reason would be revealed to you!

(((HUGS)))
Kim

rg_girlca
10-20-2004, 05:11 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that your interview goes well.

GraciesMommy
10-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Good Luck! Hope it goes well...let us know! hugs

Cataholic
10-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Kelly,
Good luck! I knew the vet place was a source of stress for you, just what you do not need. I will pray this interview opens a door for you.

moosmom
10-20-2004, 06:50 PM
Kelly,

Good luck on the interview! I know what it's like to look and interview. It is SO stressful!

Prayers coming your way. Please keep us posted.

(((((hugs)))))

wolflady
10-20-2004, 07:05 PM
Good luck tomorrow Kelly! I know you'll do great. Who could ask for a better admin assistant??!! You're friendly and knowledgable with the computer and it's with a psychologist! http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/catenthralled.gif
Purfect combo for you! Please let us know how it goes!

**hugs**

Russian Blue
10-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Many good luck vibes being sent out to you Kelly!

If it's meant to be, it will be.

:)

catnapper
10-20-2004, 08:56 PM
It sounds perfect! I hope you get it! Knock 'em dead!

catfamily
10-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Prayers and positive vibes on the way from here to you.:D
By the look of your picture ,you look like a very kind soul and anyone would be lucky and proud to have you around them:D

QueenScoopalot
10-20-2004, 10:17 PM
"Break a leg" as the saying goes! Hope your interview lands you a job you'll be happier in. ;) Lots and lots of luck! :)

gini
10-20-2004, 10:25 PM
Oh Kelly, I hope so much that this interview goes well for you and you land the job AND LOVE IT!

You, along with Donna, are really overdue for a good change and some stress free work atmosphere.

Hugs from Gini

shais_mom
10-21-2004, 12:20 AM
good luck sweetie!
Will be praying for you!

lynnestankard
10-21-2004, 04:24 AM
Great news Kelly - I'm keeping everything possible crossed here.

Go get 'em girl - you can do this!!!!! xxxxxxxxxx

Lynne

NoahsMommy
10-21-2004, 10:55 PM
Um, when was the last time I told you all how much I love you? Because I really and truly do! :) Your words are so kind and I thank you so much.

I had my interview this morning at 11:00. I left feeling as I usually do, that I wish I'd said this or that, that I wish I hadn't said this or that. I just hope and pray my interviewer (the Dr. herself) could tell I was nervous and that I did convey how much I wanted this job.

After hearing more about it, I know in my heart I would love it. This psychologist does EXACTLY what I want to do. When we were talking about what she does, she expressed why she prefers working with disabled children vs. abused children and her reasons where word for word mine as well. When I met her, I thought of myself...how odd is that? Good odd, though.

The position is more of an office manager. I would be responsible for scheduling appointments/home visits/meetings for about 30 professionals. They treat children with an array of developmental disabilities, so I'd be coordinating home visits with these children and the various physchologists. :) Its sooooo me! I'd also build their website, which would be lots of fun too.

Everything she described, I've done in my past jobs. I just pray that I conveyed what she was looking for so much.

After the interview I went and got a card and sent my "thank you" for her time and consideration, repeating that I'd really enjoy being apart of the team. I mailed it on my way to work. :)

I'll be praying non-stop until I hear from her. I want this job so badly, it hurts. I know it'll work out if its meant to be, I know that. But, I just really want it. ;)

Again, thanks so much for your support and well wishes. I know it'll help.

Love,
Kelly :)

gini
10-22-2004, 01:11 AM
Kelly, you have my prayers that the Dr. saw in you what all of the rest of us see.....................and she will hire you immediately!

Hugs from Gini

slick
10-22-2004, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by gini
Kelly, you have my prayers that the Dr. saw in you what all of the rest of us see.....................and she will hire you immediately!

Hugs from Gini
Oh brother, Kelly, how can I top this. More prayers coming your way. I just know that what will be, will be. Keeping all fingers and paws crossed here. :) :)

catfamily
10-22-2004, 03:01 AM
We need people like you in the world.Your so special.I would think it would be harder to work with disabled children than abused.I've been thinking about that a lot since you wrote and I bet it would be such hard work for you and so much needed patience which you sound like you have tons and tons of.Good luck helping all the special people who really need you.And thank you for being here in the world to help them.

catcrazylady
10-22-2004, 06:16 AM
Kelly we are still praying for you! It sounds like such a wonderful and rewarding job. Let us know as soon as you do!!

Oh, by the way....WE LOVE YOU TOO!!:D

Kater
10-22-2004, 02:17 PM
This sounds perfect for you, Kelly!
I will be praying for good news!!! :D

sirrahbed
10-22-2004, 02:25 PM
Hi Kelly - I go to BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) and the lesson this week was from Acts and about praying for being in God's will and gave four Scriptural guidelines: 1-pray - pray -pray to be in God's will 2- look for the confirmation of others who are believers that what you are considering is right and also seek their prayer 3- seek the peace of the Holy Spirit within you 4-watch for confirmation of events that either open or close doors.

Sounds like you are doing just these things:D So, nothing left to do but continues prayer and watch for those answers. God promises they will come when you ask.

kimlovescats
10-22-2004, 02:34 PM
Sounds like your interview went well ... keep the Faith! ;)

PayItForward
10-22-2004, 06:22 PM
I am sending positive thoughts that you get this job, it does sound perfect for you.

NoahsMommy
10-23-2004, 07:35 PM
After a few sleepless nights, I've resigned myself to just that, Debbie. Whatever is meant to be, will be.

I remember interviewing for a position I was perfect for at a company that was a ministry to the disabled. I didn't get the position because (at least I thought so) I divlugled that I had Crohn's. Turns out, I met wonderful people and have learned a ton about myself and have matured greatly at my current job.

So, we'll see if this is where my life takes a new path, or not. :)

Thanks for your concern, prayers and sweet things you all say. You are all wonderful friends and I'm the lucky one to have you.

:)

lynnestankard
10-24-2004, 03:53 PM
Keeping the prayers and vibes coming Kelly.
Did they mention when you might hear?

{{{Hugs}}} across the miles sweetheart - fingers, paws and eyes all crossed here!!

Lynne

krazyaboutkatz
10-25-2004, 11:51 PM
Kelly, more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. This job sounds perfect for you. Good luck.:)

trinity
10-27-2004, 10:22 AM
Any word yet? This is the part of a new job that drives me crazy! DOn't they understand that people's lives are in limbo waiting for that phone call? All fingers and paws crossed over here!!

kimlovescats
10-27-2004, 11:02 AM
Hoping for an update soon as well! How was your birthday too, Kelly?

Kim;)