PDA

View Full Version : Allow me to introduce myself

angiebarney
10-19-2004, 05:49 PM
I am The Gingercat; that isn't my real name of course, my Adoptive Mum doesn't know that; just as she doesn't know the name of my old address. My doctor told her that it was a place called Hell. My name came from her and my Ad Dad asking each other if they thought they would 'get the ginger cat', and 'if the gingercat had been claimed yet' and questions like that. She said that by the time I came to live with them,GIngercat had become my name.
My Ad Mum and Dad had gone to the pound to find a kitten and a pup; thier 2 old, old pusscats had gone to another place, after living in England for 10 years and Australia for 9. Anyway, I had just arrived at the pound and was hiding in a wire pen,(I was very frightened) it was the very first pen inside the doors; when my Ad Mum saw me she said she wanted me, and that she wouldn't get a dog in case I didn't like them. 10 days later I came to live with them. I spent the first month or so hiding behind her couch, and only gradually ventured out into the rest of the house, except at night when all was quiet. My doctor told her I was about 6 human years, and told her some of my medical history, like-- I had been kicked and had scalding water poured on my back. After nearly 3 years I'm still frightened of men's feet and voices; I still hide behing the couch when someone new comes to the house. I am getting better though, I really do know that my Ad MUm would never let anyone hurt me (except the Doctor, I hate him, although I know he's kind) He had to pull some of my broken teeth, where someone kicked my face, and I have something called renal problems and have a special diet, anyway I am so happy now, my mum rubs special cream into the skin on my back where it is dryand flaky from the hot water, and she lets me sleep on her bed, some times I even sleep on her pillow, when she wakes she calls me the GingerHAT. She calls me lots of other names too, like Gingery Cat and Reoww Cat ('cos I go reow, reow, reow a lot) when I go reow in the morning she always gives me food and when I go reow at night she gives me food. It's very strange 'cos when I go reow in the rest of the day she gives me nothing but a "ssshhush Gingercat, you're on a diet!"
I am sitting on her lap while she writes to you for me, and I'm playing with her fingers, and as it's very nearly breakfast time I'm going reow A LOT, a REAL LOT
I am getting happier all the time, I am glad her 2 old cats left her to me.
that's enough Mum
So nice to meet you. REEEOOOW FOOOD
ps..we don't have a dog, Mum says I've had enough to put up with and that I am very expensive, whatever that means!

Cinder & Smoke
10-19-2004, 08:57 PM
:)

WELCOME, GingerKat!! ;)

You rite Gud (fur a Kat)! :p

We're Cinder & Smokey - Dad's two Dawgs -
we do mosta da ritin on Pet Talk inna fambly.

We gots a B&W Tuxie Kat - kalled "Boots" -
he guards da howze wile we go ta werk wiff Dad.

Soundz like you hadda purdy *ruff* start in life :( -
glad ya found a GUD Hoomin to own!

Ask yur Mom ta dig up a Picksure of you -
ebberbuddie here on PT jest *LUVZ* ta see Pix!!

There's LOTZ of udder "Aussie" Dawgs 'n Kats here on PT - hope
summa them *spot* yur post an say "Hello"!

We'll *yap* atcha later!

:D

karlyb
10-19-2004, 09:20 PM
Angie, there is a special place in heaven for people like you who adopt mistreated kitties like Gingercat. How wonderful that she is learning to trust you after her bad experiences with humans. She'll repay your love a thousandfold.

catnapper
10-19-2004, 09:30 PM
Welcome Gingercat! Its so nice to meet you and to hear that your hard life is well behind you. Isn't it nice to be loved?

I have three kitties.. I think. Allen and Pouncer are my boys. I have fostered two kittens that I can't seem to let go. Evie is a keeper, and we are trying to convince ourselves we NEED Harry too! So that brings the count up to 4 :D My boys are well loved and spoiled, and never knew a day's harm. I would like to hurt anyone who ever hurt a cat in any way like they did to you. Kisses and purrs sweet Gingercat.

sirrahbed
10-19-2004, 09:50 PM
Welcome!!! Gingercat sounds like a very special kitty with wonderful hoomans:D And would this kitty happen to be orange in color?? That happens to be a favorite of mine!! I am owned by five kitties - a bit hard to see in my current signature but Dylan is orange and long haired 2 year old, Emily and Eliot are siblings one year old - he is grey and she is grey and white and my two newest are 9 week old kittens Lizzie and Robbie - he is a tuxie and she is calico.

PetTalk is a wonderful and friendly place and I am glad that you found it! Welcome again!!

Here is a siggy that shows them a bit better!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/5siggydiana.jpg

rosethecopycat
10-19-2004, 10:18 PM
Good to have you here Gingercat.

Bless you soul for helping the helpless.

May you bathe in you Gingercat's love.

Rosethecopycat

angiebarney
10-19-2004, 10:59 PM
Thankyou all for the welcome. Yes I am orange, I also have an very fetching white nose, shirt front and paws. I am extremely large and somewhat stately in appearance, I weigh in at nearly 7kilos/around 14lbs for those of you who aren't metric! and not an ounce of spare fat on me, well hardly!!!! maybe a small amount around the cheeks, possibly a little bit of swaying underbelly when I walk, all of which go to add to my hansomeness.
As soon as my mum figures out her digital camera she will place a picture of me on the site so you can all share her joy in my beauty!!!!
Iwould say more but modesty forbids
GC

leslie
10-19-2004, 11:33 PM
Welcome to pet talk and tell your humans to give you extra kisses from me and my 9 plus two fosters! That would equal, uh.... 12 kisses! 1 dozen kisses to you!

Craftlady
10-20-2004, 05:27 AM
Welcome to PT cant wait to see photos :)

catcrazylady
10-20-2004, 06:05 AM
Welcome Gingercat! I'm so sorry to hear that you had such a horrible start in life. That is very sad but I'm so happy that you now have wonderful humans to teach you that we are not all bad. You sound very loved now and I hope that somehow makes up for your terrible beginnings.
Oh, Gingercat would you please tell your new parents that we think they are great for taking you in and being so patient and kind to you. It would have been so easy to pick a cute little kitten over a special needs kitty like you were in the beginning. You are very special Gingercat and so are your purrents!:D :D

Looking forward to hearing more from you and especially seeing your picture!!

mina'smomma
10-20-2004, 07:41 AM
Hi Gingercat

My name is Mina, and I came to my mummy through her friend at work. My mummy and little brother still live with her, but I get to see them on the weekends when my mummy goes to class because her friend babysits me. I'm glad to hear that you have a loving new mummy like I do. Humans can be very affectionate.:D

welcome to PT

Laura's Babies
10-20-2004, 07:49 AM
Welcome Gingercat!! Sounds like you were ones of the lucky ones! Good for you!! Hang around here and let us get to know you, let us see what you look like by posing for some pretty pictures for your Mommie so she can post them!

WELCOME TO PET TALK!!

catmandu
10-20-2004, 08:23 AM
Ginger Cat,that is a coincedence,as My Dear Friend Joan,rescued,a stary called Ginger Cat,and thatCat,lived to be 23 Years,old,before she became an Angel,and she is English,as well.May you have,as log,and healthy,a life,as that Ginger Cat,and be as happy.

catmandu
10-20-2004, 08:25 AM
OOPS! I thought,thank you were English! Is my face red! But the sentiment,is the same,and I hope,that Ginger Cat,lives to live,as long,as my friends Ginger Cat,who was a marvellous Companion.

Logan
10-20-2004, 08:45 AM
Good morning, Gingercat!!!! :) We're so glad you joined our family at Pet Talk!!! :D

My name is Mimi and I came to my mom when I was 6 weeks old. She was very sad because she had lost her other cat. I did my best to make her feel better, and I think I did! :) I turned 15 years old in June, and I'm doing great, but I don't weigh nearly as much as you do. I weigh between 5.5 and 6 pounds, but I make up for it in "cattitude". :)

I have a brother cat, much to my dismay. :eek: His name is Butter and he was a stray cat that showed up at our house one day, and my mom let him stay!! :mad: He's been here almost 4 years now, but I still don't like him. I must prefer my canine brother and sisters, who let me cuddle up next to them.

I'm glad you have a nice mom who takes such good care of you. My life didn't start out like yours, but I'm glad yours is better now.

Love,
Mimi :)

angiebarney
10-20-2004, 09:16 AM
Hi Catmandu and everybody
No mistake, I am English I came to Australia 12 years ago with Hubby and my precious boys Pocket and Pippy. They settled very well here and stayed for another 9 years.
Gingercat came to live with us after I got over the 'passing' of P & P. He is a fair dinkum Aussie boy. Or at least he was til he was 'fixed'.
Pocket was rescued from a bottle reclaimation bin, the rest of his litter didn't survive the broken glass. He spent the first few days living in my dressing gown pocket, Hence the name. Pippy was also a rescue from a severely overcrowded home... We called him Pip because we already had Mr. Pocket and had "Great Expectations" of them both; they led us a 'Dickens" of a life and died peacefully in thier sleep only a few weeks apart aged 19.
\It's midnight here and I have a starved Gingercat reowing at me, so goodnight all, have a good day or good night whereever you and your furries are. God Bless
Angie

ActionCat007
10-20-2004, 09:31 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk GingerCat!!

I am so happy that GingerCat is in a good loving home now. :)

felinefanatic
11-08-2004, 04:16 AM
:) :) Hi Ginger Cat, your story broke my heart, whomever did that to you deserves to spend their life in prison, as far as I am concerned!:mad: :mad:
You are so lucky that you were rescued by such a kind lady, who loves you very much, I suspect the rest of your life will be filled with love and happiness, you sure deserve it. Oh yeah, I too am anxious to see pictures of you sweetie. :D :D

angiebarney
11-08-2004, 05:59 AM
The Gingercat is very happy and I have taken loads of pics of him. I just haven't figured out how to download them ......the trouble is I was invented a long time before the computer, and haven't managed to catch up yet!!!!:)

QueenScoopalot
11-08-2004, 07:05 AM
Another WELCOME to Pettalk from my little corner of the world! You sound like a beauty of a guy, and I can't wait to see some pictures of you! ;) :D I am the doting slave for many here (the ones pictured below are all special needs kitties, and rescued to top it off), and do a lot of trapping, and fostering of throw away kitties. Glad you were found, and rescued before anymore harm came to you. ;)