PDA

View Full Version : My KiKi is being put down Friday

catfamily
10-19-2004, 05:22 PM
My poor KiKi that is 16 years old now will be put down on Friday in 2 days.He has cancer and his jaw is loaded with it but not aggressive cancer.He has lost a lot of weight but is eating a couple spoonfuls a day to keep from starving until Friday.He still loves me to wisper songs and his name over and over and purrs everytime I come near him to do that.I'll try to comfort him as much as possible until he goes.I know it must be painful.I've had him the longest and he has more personality and attitude than any cat I've ever known.He use to love to stand on the bathroom floor and flush the toilet with his body weght which was so great to him and he would run run run around the house after and do it all over again.He use to catch flies if they came in my house in the summer time almost as high as the ceiling and swallow so proud.I'll miss that boy.I love him so very very much.

This is KiKi on the right.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/carlakikiandbooboo.jpg
And this is http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/Kiki.jpgmy dear KiKi

DJFyrewolf36
10-19-2004, 05:30 PM
I know how hard it is to loose a beloved compainion. :( I wish I knew some comforting words.

Play hard at the bridge KiKi knowing your meowme loves you!

My PM box is always open if you need to talk

QueenScoopalot
10-19-2004, 05:30 PM
Oh Carla, your heart must be breaking hearing the diagnosis. :( You gave him a long and happy life, filled with lots of love every day. Remember all those happy days that he may not have had, if you didn't take him into your hearts and home. Give Kiki a kiss for me, and a gentle hug Carla. :(

jazzcat
10-19-2004, 05:34 PM
I'm so sorry Carla. I'm sure this is extremely hard for you. Please give Kiki a couple of extra hugs and scritchies for me.

(((HUGS))) for you too.

Karen
10-19-2004, 05:42 PM
Plant a kiss on that sweet black nose
Snuggle him once. tell him it's from me
Send him off with all the love we can give him
And angels will comfort him when he is gone

jenluckenbach
10-19-2004, 05:42 PM
What sad news. :( Make the most of your time, and take pictures now! You won't regret it later.

Give Kiki a kiss from me.

catnapper
10-19-2004, 05:46 PM
I'm going to cry! What a sweet and loving boy! Please give him some extra kisses for me and I'll be praying for you both.

kimlovescats
10-19-2004, 05:57 PM
Oh Carla!!!:( :( :( What a long, and love-filled life you shared with Kiki. I know this has to be extremely difficult, but at least you can plan your goodbyes!

(((BIG HUGS))) and gentle kisses and pets to sweet Kiki

Kim

Kfamr
10-19-2004, 06:01 PM
I'm very, very sorry :(
What a long, long life for such a pretty kitty.
{HUGS} to you both

rosethecopycat
10-19-2004, 06:02 PM
What a lucky cat to have been loved for so long. What a kind person you are to send him without suffering. It is his parting gift, and he loves you for it.

Go gently to the bridge, Kiki

moosmom
10-19-2004, 06:07 PM
Carla,

I'm so sorry to hear about Kiki. He was a beautiful boy and you had some good long years with him. Give him a kiss for me. And if you are able to, be there when he goes to the Bridge. You'll never regret it. I had to put down two of my cats and insisted on being there. I know it's very difficult for some people. But I'm glad I was there when they left. My voice was the last one they heard telling them I loved them. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

May I make ONE suggestion? It's something that a friend of mine did when she had to put down one of her beloved female sphynxes. She took the cat's sister, who was inseparable with the other cat, WITH her to the vet. In made a huge difference in the sibling's healing process. Just a suggestion.

((((hugs)))))

rg_girlca
10-19-2004, 06:49 PM
Oh Carla, I am so sorry to hear about your Kiki. Bless you for being strong enough and loving Kiki to let him go on peacefully to RB without pain and suffering.

My heart goes out to you. (((((HUGS)))))

Laura's Babies
10-19-2004, 07:09 PM
My heart and prayers will be with you and Kiki Friday. Know your friends here are with you and are here if you need us. Kiss Kiki for me and tell him to tell ALL our fur babies at RB that we still love them..... as you will him.

manda_moo87
10-19-2004, 07:14 PM
I'm so sorry, about dear Kiki. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, please give Kiki a kiss for me as well. :(

guster girl
10-19-2004, 07:30 PM
I posted tributes to both my boys here....www.in-memory-of-pets.com

I'm sorry you and Kiki are going to lose eachother. :(

sirrahved
10-19-2004, 07:32 PM
I'm so sorry about your KiKi. I'm glad he won't have to suffer. I had a KiKi as a young child that I never got to say good-bye to... so give KiKi a final hug from me, and hug him once for my beloved KiKi as well!

prechrswife
10-19-2004, 08:13 PM
I'm so sorry. Give him lots of love and hugs before Friday.

AmberLee
10-19-2004, 08:46 PM
{{{Big, and gentle hugs to you both}}} Treasure your time together. I think you'd doing the best you can so he doesn't suffer more, but it's got to be hard. {{{}}}

GraciesMommy
10-19-2004, 08:47 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. I had to put Mercedes, my 16 year old schauzer down one year ago this month. It is so hard and my heart goes out to you. ~hugs

sirrahbed
10-19-2004, 09:00 PM
((((((Carla))))) I am sorry to hear that KiKi's time is almost up. My RB Bert also developed a large cancerous tumor - on his lung - also at the age of 16, and the time came when I also had to make the decision to let him go. I took my daughter Missy out of school since she was also very close to our cats - and brought her to the vet with me. We both stayed with him as he was given the shot because I wanted him to hear our voices and feel us stroking his fur until the very end. I am SOOO very glad that we did this and I know it helped him to not be afraid. He simply slipped into his final sleep. I know how much you will miss KiKi because even some 7 years later, I still miss my Bert and sometimes cry to think of him. But, I also know that my decision was made in his best interest - because he had trouble walking and sometimes even breathing. It was time.
We brought him home and made a nice box for him and my older son dug his grave. We buried him near a window - at the head of my bed. My son also scraped his name into a rock:) Now, he is joined by RB Ernie and there are two white memorial stones that my hubby made and a tree that my daughter planted - once a foot tall and now bigger than the house!!
Yes, please relish these last days and revel in all the years and happiness you have shared. I wish something I could say would help you not to hurt but of course that is not possible - thank you for sharing the pictures and some of your memories here:)

QueenScoopalot
10-19-2004, 09:25 PM
Carla, Kiki's markings remind me so much of my R.B. kitty "Inky". I have to bring over his pictures, so you can see how similar they look. I know my sweet Inky Doo is waiting to welcome Kiki with open paws. Not to mention the many others, some gone before thier time. It is never easy saying good bye to an old and cherished friend. :( We'll all be there for you, and I'm just a hug away. ;)

catfamily
10-19-2004, 10:41 PM
Thank you everyone so much for the kind words on KiKi.It helps so very much.I cannot go with my husband Mike to put him down because I just had Spine Surgery but KiKi loves my husband very much even though he's only known him 6 years.I trust Mike will say and whisper his name just like my KiKi likes to hear.I love you all for the kind replies.:) :( :) Carla

NoahsMommy
10-19-2004, 11:45 PM
:( I'm so sorry about Kiki. :(

Please take care.

IttyBittyKitty
10-20-2004, 07:01 AM
**Hugs** that bought tears to my eyes. Most, if not all, of us here know what it's like to lose a loved kitty. I know you'll give your furbaby lots of cuddles and kisses before Friday, and that he'll be waiting for you at the bridge!

mina'smomma
10-20-2004, 07:33 AM
Carla,

I'm so sorry about Kiki. He looks well loved, and he knows it. At least he has had a very long and loving life with his Meowmie. My heart is with you in your time of need. I'm glad to see you're keeping him comfortable and very happy. I know it has to be as difficult on you as it was for me to put my beloved dog Rocky down. I had him for 20 years. :(

~Big long and tight hugs from my family to yours~

Uniqueviking
10-20-2004, 08:09 AM
I'm so sorry :(

catmandu
10-20-2004, 08:50 AM
The Found Cat Angels,have been alerted,to expect,a new recruit,Friday,and in his honor,it will be Kiki Day,at the Rainbow Bridge!It is a tough decision,as you love Kiki,so much,and he is a wonderful Cat,but part,of loving a Pet,is knowing when,thier life,is too full,of pain,to continue!Bless you,for giving,him,all those years of joy.

NKBurlington
10-20-2004, 08:53 AM
No words can express how sorry I am at the loss of your baby.

I'm thinking of you!

:(

chrangharris
10-20-2004, 08:54 AM
I'm so sorry about this loss. It is so difficult to lose a loved one- hugs and prayers.

catcrazylady
10-20-2004, 12:15 PM
There are no words strong enough to express how sorry I am to hear this. It is so sad and hard to deal with. Please know that we are here for you and we understand your pain.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you, Mike and Kiki.
Godspeed Kiki:(

Cataholic
10-20-2004, 12:21 PM
My heart is breaking for you and KiKi. Know that this whole site is bearing the pain with you, and hugging you, and letting you know that is it not only 'okay', but, a hugely compassionate act. KiKi counts on you to do right by her, no matter how hard. May you be comforted during this especially tough time.

Logan
10-20-2004, 01:15 PM
Carla, you and Kiki, and the rest of your family (hubby and kitty) will be in our prayers on Friday. What a difficult time for you all, made more difficult by the fact that you can't be there. :(

God Bless you, Kiki. You're a beautiful soul. You watch over your mama, from the Rainbow Bridge. She obviously loves you very, very much.

Logan

slick
10-20-2004, 01:24 PM
I've been keeping up with this thread and trying to come up with encouraging words to say but I just can't at this time. :( :(

{{{HUGS}}} to you and RIP sweet KiKi. Soon you will be young and painfree at the RB.

K & L
10-20-2004, 02:19 PM
I'm so sorry to read/hear this. KiKi will soon be at peace and painless. My heart goes out to you.

cruisetime
10-20-2004, 02:52 PM
I'm very sorry for KiKi and for you and your family. Please forgive me for asking this - I'm very new to cats and I'm researching and researching and researching books and the internet on everything about them... Some books talk a lot about natural eating and natural remedies - I know it is very far fetched but thought I'd mention it... I'm sorry if this seems tasteless because I'm not meaning it that way - It is just maybe I can't bare to think of having to kill my new cat that I'm hopeing against hope there is a chance..... Prayers for you all your way. Debbie

BCBlondie
10-20-2004, 03:00 PM
Omg.. :( I'm so sorry... That must be really hard on you.. Poor Kiki..
My RB cat, Tiger, was also PTS due to cancer... :( It's not easy losing a beloved pet. I'm sorry you have to go through this. :(
**hugs**

catfamily
10-20-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by cruisetime
I'm very sorry for KiKi and for you and your family. Please forgive me for asking this - I'm very new to cats and I'm researching and researching and researching books and the internet on everything about them... Some books talk a lot about natural eating and natural remedies - I know it is very far fetched but thought I'd mention it... I'm sorry if this seems tasteless because I'm not meaning it that way - It is just maybe I can't bare to think of having to kill my new cat that I'm hopeing against hope there is a chance..... Prayers for you all your way. Debbie
Hi Debbie.
Is your cat sick?Did you ask your vet on which food to give your cat?If you're cat is not eating good you need to ask a vet that you really like and trust what your cat's special body may need to live a longer life.All cats are different,just like humans.Some cats can take that awful food at regular supermarkets but most cannot and will die from it eventually(unless you spend most of your time at the vets getting meds to take care of all the problems supermarketfood gives to cats).Vet food or food from the petstore is advised unless your cat has more problems and may need special food prescribed from the vet.Supermarket food is only for short term use only unless your cat has the strongest stomach and urinary trac.Which is not that common.Good Luck,Carla

catfamily
10-21-2004, 08:25 PM
I got these pic's tonight.Tomorrow noon is time to go.
This is Lucy with KiKi
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/KiKiandLucy10-21-04.jpg
And this is Lucy KiKi and Colby in the back snoozing heavy as usual.I think my white Lucy seems to be comforting KiKi.
Because she normally stays away from KiKi.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/KiKiLucyColby10-21-04.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/KiKiandLucyagain10-21-04.jpg

rg_girlca
10-21-2004, 08:29 PM
Oh Carla, my heart goes out to you and your precious Kiki.
My thoughts and prayers will be with the both of you at noon tomorrow.

aki
10-21-2004, 09:03 PM
Oh hun, I am SO SORRY! My heart is just breaking for you!

God bless and know that you are in my prayers!

Autumn

catcrazylady
10-22-2004, 07:30 AM
It's early Friday morning and I know your time with Kiki is winding down. I know it's not much help but I'm sharing in your tears right now just thinking about what you must be feeling. {{{HUGS}}} to you and special goodbye kisses to Kiki today. Soon Kiki you will pain free and bouncing around on the Bridge. God Bless you all.

angiebarney
10-22-2004, 08:51 AM
My words are not brilliant and wise but I care and want your tears to dry. I wish I could ease your pain and the suffering you are experiencing today.
You are doing the right thing, Kiki shouldn't suffer after giving you pleasure for so many years. On Friday when you come home just think of Kiki having gone into another room, and you don't need to worry because you know she is safe.......
God Bless you and a stroke for Kiki; she's fortunate you have enough love for her to do the right thing.

mina'smomma
10-22-2004, 09:10 AM
My heart is with your family today Carla.

Just remember Kiki is going to Heaven to keep God company. He will be loved up there almost as much as he was here. I send you a huge hug from me to you and yours. Keep your chin up and rest assure you're doing the right thing by not making him suffer needlessly.:(

GraciesMommy
10-22-2004, 09:15 AM
I know today will be a tough day. You have been on my mind this morning. Know that all your PT family are thinking about you today.

~hugs

slick
10-22-2004, 09:42 AM
Carla: big {{{HUGS}}} to you on this sad day. I just know that KiKi will continue to watch over you after the trip to the RB. I also read in another thread that you are adopting Birdie. It's true what they say, with every door that closes, another one open. Bless you.

Cinder & Smoke
10-22-2004, 10:55 AM
:(

{{{HUGS}}} Carla.

Safe Trip to The Rainbow Bridge, Dear KiKi!
Rest In Peace.

/s/ :( Phred

PJ's Mom
10-22-2004, 10:58 AM
RIP, Kiki. :(

Killearn Kitties
10-22-2004, 11:42 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about beautiful KiKi. Rest in peace sweetie.

trayi52
10-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Oh, sweet Carla, I am so sorry. I didn't know Kiki was so ill. My heart goes out to you, my lovely and sweet friend, with lots of hugs to go with it.

Rest in peace sweet and dear Kiki, you were lucky enough to have a sweet mommy that loved and took such good care of you.

Willie