PDA

View Full Version : my dad has knee surgery tomorrow.. prayers please!

Nomilynn
10-19-2004, 02:53 PM
My dad goes in for a knee replacement tomorrow morning at 7am. Please send him lots of good thoughts and prayers! He is really nervous but I keep telling him he should be excited, because he's had severe knee pain for over 17 years and qualified for this surgery about 15 years ago. Once he has had a bit of time to heal from this surgery, he gets his other knee replaced in January. So please send him lots of positive thoughts and prayers! :)

DJFyrewolf36
10-19-2004, 03:07 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with him! My uncle got both knees replaced and he says now that he feels better than he has in years! Im sure things will go just fine :)

ChrisH
10-19-2004, 03:38 PM
Sending positive thoughts and prayers for your dad.

ramanth
10-19-2004, 03:40 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts sent. :) *HUGS*

moosmom
10-19-2004, 03:47 PM
Naomi,

Alot of people I know are having knee surgery these days. He'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

(((hugs)))

Nomilynn
10-19-2004, 03:49 PM

lovemyshiba
10-19-2004, 03:52 PM
I will most definitely keep your dad in my prayers.

My grandmother had both knees replaced years ago, and felt so much better after she did!!

Please keep us updated!!
:)

rg_girlca
10-19-2004, 05:46 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts going out to your Dad.

tatsxxx11
10-19-2004, 06:09 PM
You got it!!! The recovery is challenging, but SO worth it! Just ask DavidP!!!:) Lots of good thoughts and prayers on their way for your Dad! Please let us know how the surgery went:)

davidpizzica
10-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Nomilynn, I'm currently recovering from knee replacement surgery. I'm SO glad that I had it done. Right now is the first time in a year that I haven't limped!!My left knee had a lot of arthritis in it and hardly no cartilage left. I'm still healing inside my knee, but now I can walk almost normally. Nomilynn, tell yor father that most of pain that he will feel will be right after the surgery. afterwards the pain becomes less and less. How old is your father? I had it done at 55 and I was the younger side to have it done. Nmilynn, would you PM me on the outcome of your father's surgery? I would like to give you and your father any encouragement that I can! I wish your father good luck, and my prayers are with the both of you.

manda_moo87
10-19-2004, 11:38 PM
Prayers on the way!!

wolf_Q
10-19-2004, 11:43 PM
My dad had knee replacement surgery also. Hope everything goes well for your dad!

AmberLee
10-19-2004, 11:45 PM
Thoughts, and prayers and ~~~ healing vibes ~~~ headed his way. {{{hugs}}}

tatsxxx11
10-20-2004, 12:12 PM
Any word on your Dad, yet??? Check back when you can. Lots of postivie thoughts continue!:)

Nomilynn
10-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Havent heard anything yet.. I will let you know when I do!

slick
10-20-2004, 01:40 PM
As always Naomi, you and your family are in my prayers.

Logan
10-20-2004, 02:35 PM
Best wishes, Naomi, for your dad. Keep us posted as to how he is doing. I'm sure he's going to be so much better!!!!! :)

Nomilynn
10-20-2004, 02:40 PM
Well he was SUPPOSED to start at 7am, but they delayed it until 9am, then they said 15mins, then they said another half hour.... and then.. and then.. so the anesthesiologist (sp????) didn't show up until about 11:30 or 11:45, and the told my mom to call the hospital about 3pm when dad should be in recovery. He was NOT a happy patient :p He was nervous to start with so making him wait that long was not a good thing, and he REALLY hates hospitals. Most people do, but he LOATHES them!!! So hopefully he's asleep and in la la land by now. I will let you all know more when I do!

davidpizzica
10-20-2004, 03:00 PM
Naomi, that's typical for a hospital. I was supposed to have it done on the 4th of august, but as I was being prepped, they found out that I had low potassium! So they had me wait another two weeks! That was nerve racking. I was so nervous by the 18th I just wanted to get it over with. So, Naomi, I know what your dad is going through now.

Nomilynn
10-20-2004, 05:08 PM
the surgery went very well! He should be awake now. The surgeon said he did great, there were no complications, they were able to straighten his leg successfully and he should be able to go home tomorrow night! Thank you all very much! :)

davidpizzica
10-20-2004, 05:26 PM
Naomi, that is so great to hear! Is he in pretty good spirits? Naoi, I'm sure that this is a relief for you and your dad!

Nomilynn
10-20-2004, 05:30 PM
I haven't talked to him yet. I'm waiting for my mom to call me once she gets to the hospital :)

Cataholic
10-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Yippee for your Dad! Home tomorrow, already?

Nomilynn
10-21-2004, 06:08 PM
Dad will be home on Friday. He has been up today and walking already, but he has an IV for pain going straight into the site. He gets that removed this afternoon so we'll know after that what kind of pain he's feeling. The surgeon said that he's been walking bone on bone, over the ENTIRE surface of his knee joint, for who knows how long, and it's a wonder that he could even stand without his leg collapsing. So - so far, so good! :)

davidpizzica
10-21-2004, 06:21 PM
Boy, Naomi, does THAT sound familiar! About two hours after the surgery, they had me walking with a walker a short ways down the hall! I couldn't describe the pain! They had to make sure that the new joint was limber. I'm so glad that your father is making progress.

Nomilynn
10-22-2004, 02:35 AM
He said that he didn't actually feel pain right then, but he was on pretty heavy painkillers. We'll see how he does tomorrow, when he's on more normal pain killers.

Logan
10-22-2004, 04:42 AM
Woo Hoo! :) That's great news!

davidpizzica
10-22-2004, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
He said that he didn't actually feel pain right then, but he was on pretty heavy painkillers. We'll see how he does tomorrow, when he's on more normal pain killers. Great news,Naomi!

slick
10-22-2004, 08:54 AM
Good news Nomi. Prayers are continuing to flow.

shais_mom
10-23-2004, 12:10 AM
Sorry I missed this Nom, but I am glad you're dad is doing well after surgery.
My family is an expert on Knee trubbles.
I had 2 surgeries when 14-15 on both knees.
My dad has had at least 3. My mom recently had knee surgery.
My Grandma has broken both knee caps.
Both uncles I think have had them too.
I will continue to send good thoughts and prayers your way!

Nomilynn
10-23-2004, 12:23 AM
Thanks everyone. I talked to him today and he said he's feeling pretty good, which is great! So, so far so good!

lynnestankard
10-23-2004, 12:25 PM
Naomi so sorry I've only just found this thread. So pleased your Dad has come through the surgery with flying colours.
By now he'll be home and hopefully beginning his recuperation.

Keeping positive vibes coming and {{{Hugs}}} and prayers across the miles.

Lynne

trayi52
10-23-2004, 12:40 PM
Naomi, that is really great news! I am so happy to hear he came through his surgery so well.

Still sending good thoughts and prayers to you and your family for a speedy recovery for you dear sweet dad.

Willie:)

davidpizzica
10-28-2004, 06:13 AM
Hi, Naomi, I was just curious as how your dad's recovery from knee replacement surgery is going. Everyone here thinks that I healed quickly! Believe it or not, I went bowling last sunday. Also starting next monday I'm going back to work! Tell your father I know what he's going through and that He is in my prayers for a speedy recovery!