PDA

View Full Version : Vet visit today ..... Tucker and bottle baby

kimlovescats
10-19-2004, 12:36 AM
I was so very worried about my dearest Tucker man. He has lost quite a bit of weight, and just hasn't been himself. I had noticed he didn't look the same in his eyes, then I began checking him out really closely, and could feel his ribs!!! :eek: Things have been so hectic the last 2 to 3 weeks with the arrival of Jenna, I just didn't notice his decline soon enough. Well, anyway, I had him tested AGAIN for Felv and FIV ..... a worried, paranoid mom ... thankfully he was NEGATIVE still! THANK GOD! My vet said, "well, let's just do a good exam to be sure we aren't overlooking the obvious." Well, lo and behold when she examined his mouth, far in the back, he has red swollen gums .... and lots of tartar!!! He is only 2 years old, so this is extremely unusual she said!:eek: She scraped a bit of tartar and put him on antibiotics for a few days. I am going to take him back in ... in about 2 weeks to be sure he has cleared up, and gained some weight back! Meanwhile, he is back to being mommy's extra-spoiled wrotten baby!!!:D

The 3 motherless babies are doing well, and I took the one with the neck worm in today as well. Dr. LaValley shaved, and cleaned it out really well, and prescribed an antibiotic for him as well. I am having a terrible time getting these babies to have BMs though. Dr. LaValley finally got this one to go, but I have still been unable to get the other two to have BMs this afternoon! I have never had this trouble with newborns before!:rolleyes: Any bottle baby poopy pros out there, I could sure use your help!!!;)

christa
10-19-2004, 06:32 AM
Poor Tucker! Sounds pitiful! He's just been too quiet . . . he should have told meowmie that his teeth were hurting sooner! He's a good kitty boy though and I'm sure he'll start feeling better soon! *kitty kisses* to Tucker and the babies!!!

Hang in there girlie! ;)

catcrazylady
10-19-2004, 07:04 AM
Poor Tucker baby!! Cats are so good at hiding things and that is such a shame because so many times they are really sick by the time we pick up on it.
Sorry, I'm no expert on the poo. Most of the time around my house I would like to put a cork in them!!;) :D

Laura's Babies
10-19-2004, 07:32 AM
Awww! Poor Tucker!! Darn mouth problems have put the boy under the weather.. Lets hope the meds perk you right back up and you start to put back that weight you lost!! Hope you get to feeling better REAL soon!!

What did the doctor tell you to do for the babies to get them to "go"? Are they like human babies where you just can just add more Karo syrup to their milk?

catnapper
10-19-2004, 08:12 AM
Poor Tucker! Give him some extra cuddles and tell him that we are sending "healthy gums" vibes to him. Poor widdle guy having bad teeth already.

I am totally helpless in the baby poo area. Good luck!

mina'smomma
10-19-2004, 08:21 AM
Our vet said just a tiny drop of Castor Oil or Peanut oil should do it.

catmandu
10-19-2004, 08:29 AM
A Big sigh,of relief,that Our Pal Tucker,is not seriously ill,and wil be all right,in plenty,of time,for the Catmas Partee!

kimlovescats
10-19-2004, 09:49 AM
I definitely think it is time for some intervention with the BMs! :eek: Do they make tiny kitten suppositories!?:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

sirrahbed
10-19-2004, 09:59 AM
Sorry Kim - the early problems here - Dennis was threatening to "fix" with masking tape:D
Tiny glycerin suppositories? hmmmm...might work!! Can't hurt;)

jazzcat
10-19-2004, 11:10 AM
Poor Tucker. Hope he's feeling better already and on his way to plumping back up.

rg_girlca
10-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Oh Kim, I am so sorry to hear about the Tucker Man. I hope the antibiotics kick in fast and he starts to feel better soon. Give him sweet kisses for me.

Hope you are able to get a handle on the pooping situation.
Come on little ones, you must make nice poopies for your foster mewomie. You don't want to land up in trouble with widdle tummy problems. I know you wwwwaaaaaannnnnnttttt to.:)