PDA

View Full Version : Much better...

Glacier
10-18-2004, 10:02 PM
What a difference 12 hours can make. At 7:30 this morning, I was on the verge of tears and on the phone to my vet. Goldie had one of her drains out, she wasn't eating. It was not a good morning.

Turns out she didn't have the drain right out. She had pulled out one stitch that held the top of it in place. Took my vet 30 seconds to straighten it all back out. He says the two wounds both look good. He gave both a deep flushing today, which Goldie tolerated without complaint.

I picked her up at 4:30. She was too scared to leave her kennel. No way was she moving for that vet tech so I went back and we snuck out the back door. She would not go near the front door!

I just finished feeding. I had Goldie outside with me on a tie-out so she could get some fresh air. Tonight was meat night so I was chopping a huge block of frozen moose scraps into dog meal size chunks. What do I hear over the sound of the others howling and the noisy axe? Goldie!!! At the end of
her tie-out barking, wooing, and jumping around just like she always does while she's waiting for her dinner! It's the first time in a week she's been excited about food! She was acting perfectly normal! :) I gave her a small chunk (don't want to upset her tummy!) and she is now contentedly chewing away on a bone!

Kim said he didn't give her any medications today so maybe her pain killers have finally kicked in. Whatever happened today at the vet was well worth the 17 bucks they charged me for keeping her all day. (Kim didn't charge me for anything else..have I mentioned I love him!?)

And Preacher has an appointment on Thursday if his eye is still yucky looking. I got some eye ointment to use in the meantime.

Kona & Oreo's mom
10-18-2004, 10:27 PM
I'm glad your day got better! With the wind storms and the vet visits, it sounds like you have been through a lot lately. I hope you get some time to yourself to relax with the kitties. :)

Logan
10-18-2004, 11:32 PM
Whew! So glad your day ended on a positive note, Glacier!!! :)

cloverfdx
10-20-2004, 10:53 AM
That is great Goldie is feeling better :D. I hope Preachers eye heals up soon, sending positive thoughts your way.

guster girl
10-20-2004, 11:02 AM
Glad to hear Goldie's doing better. Hey, if you don't mind me asking, what do you feed your dogs? I just noticed you said "a small chunk" and, I was just curious! :)

Glacier
10-20-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by guster girl
Hey, if you don't mind me asking, what do you feed your dogs? I just noticed you said "a small chunk" and, I was just curious! :)

Wild game. That night it was moose. I have a friend who is a wild game butcher and he gives us all the scrap, bones, ect that people don't want back.

They get meat about four times a week and Acana Musher's Mix kibble on the other nights.

guster girl
10-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Glacier
Wild game. That night it was moose. I have a friend who is a wild game butcher and he gives us all the scrap, bones, ect that people don't want back.

They get meat about four times a week and Acana Musher's Mix kibble on the other nights.

Cool! I wish I had easy access to wild game! Finn gets the normal stuff, chicken, beef, pork. :)

Glacier
10-20-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by guster girl
Cool! I wish I had easy access to wild game! Finn gets the normal stuff, chicken, beef, pork. :)

Occasionally they get chicken. We can sometimes get 40 pound blocks of ground chicken for a reasonable price. They also get arctic char. There is a char farm here that sells their scrap for CHEAP!! 10 bucks for 100 pound block, but you have to be there by 6:30am to get it on the sale days and I am rarely that motivated! The other "normal" meats are just too expensive around here. I can barely afford chicken & pork for myself! The cost of groceries is one of the downsides of living up in the boonies!

LorraineO
10-20-2004, 12:33 PM
GREAT news!!!

pitc9
10-20-2004, 12:45 PM
Glad to hear things are getting back to "normal"
Normal... what's that?!?:p