PDA

View Full Version : HELP! candle wax on carpet

guster girl
10-18-2004, 10:00 PM
Hey, does anyone have any suggestions on removing candle wax from carpet? :( I have kindof a mess I need to clean up now!

Cookiebaker
10-18-2004, 10:25 PM
Did this just happen??

I have heard that icecubes help to harden the wax, and then you can pull it up. Is it a lot???

Karen
10-18-2004, 10:30 PM
Ice cubes harden up the wax, then you can pull most of it up. After that, gather some brown paper bags, lay one layer over the spot, and iron it with a warm iron. The heat will melt the wax and the paper will soak it up. You might have to do this several times, depending on how much wax there is.

Good luck!

guster girl
10-18-2004, 10:31 PM
Well, it's not a terrible mess, but, enough to be messy. ha. But, I was actually just researching, and, I know ice doesn't work too well. I remember trying it, and, it's just a pain and it's nearly impossible to get all of it up that way. I did, however, read that putting a paper bag (without any dye or color) over the wax and running an iron over it will help. It heats the wax and supposedly the bag will absorb it. Gonna try that. Can't do it tonight, because, believe it or not, I don't have a paper bag in the house. ;) I'll let you know if it works, though!

guster girl
10-18-2004, 10:32 PM
Ha, looks like we were typing at the same time, Karen! Thank you both for the suggestions! :)

Logan
10-18-2004, 10:36 PM
One night, around Halloween, several years ago, I had a black votive candle lit on a table in our living room. Helen asked if she could blow it out and I said yes. Helen was just a little girl at the time. Instead of "blowing" it, she waved her hand over it, and it flew off the table, spilling black liquid wax on my hardwood floor, the rug and a nearby chair. That stuff stained everything and never came up, even off of the hardwood floor! I swore I'd never buy a cheap votive candle ever again!

Good luck! Maybe the paper bag trick will work for you. And you're right, hardly any store ever has true paper bags anymore and I like them better than plastic!