PDA

View Full Version : Flair videos and pics

dukedogsmom
10-18-2004, 08:03 PM
I went to see Flair tonight and I know I never post pics of him so I have a few. I'll do them first and then the videos. He hates the sounds my camera makes so it was hard to get any with his ears up. Horses sure are a lot different from dogs :) I'm used to getting Duke to doing just about anything for pics. I guess doing a horse is sort of like a cat, too. They both sure have a mind of their own.
This is after I got his mane all combed out. It was a mess.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/1018041.jpg
Here's a good one with his ears up.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/1018042.jpg
Here he is, getting annoyed with the camera while he was trying to eat hay. The pic says it all, doesn't it?
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/1018043.jpg
Here's one of the last I took as I was leaving.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/1018044.jpg
Next, on with the videos. This first one is when I called him to come in.

dukedogsmom
10-18-2004, 08:06 PM
This second video is when I'm through grooming him and asking him if he wants to go inside. It's about feeding time so he was ready.

dukedogsmom
10-18-2004, 08:07 PM
The last one is him eating hay after his feed. He was so scared of the camera that he wouldn't even come out all the way to get some hay. I've got a long clip of him where he took a bite of hay then backed into his stall again. He's so silly.

chrissycat21
10-18-2004, 08:16 PM
He's beautiful! I don't think I even new you had a horse until you mentioned him in a post somewhere! You should post pictures of him more often!

captain
10-19-2004, 01:47 AM
Val,
He sure is beautiful!!!!

K9soul
10-19-2004, 04:29 PM
He's absolutely gorgeous Val, I just love his coloring. I particularly like the first video :)

Aspen and Misty
10-20-2004, 03:50 PM
YAY! Flair Pics and videos!

I LOOOOOVE how he comes runnin when you call! He certainly knows his momma!

Ashley :)

popcornbird
10-20-2004, 03:53 PM
Flair is just STUNNING!!! Beautiful horse! Where does he live?

ComedyDevil
10-20-2004, 04:12 PM
Flair sure is a handsome boy :) Rio doesn't like the camera much either, he'll snort and put his ears back when he sees it. Horses are so silly sometimes aren't they? I love the video of him running over to you. Mine come when I call, but they sure aren't as enthusiastic about it! :p How old did you say Flair was? He's such a stunning guy :)

Kfamr
10-20-2004, 08:25 PM
Great pics and videos, Val!

You must take me to see him when I come over. ;)

dukedogsmom
10-20-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Flair is just STUNNING!!! Beautiful horse! Where does he live?
Unfortunately, I have to board him. I hope he lives a long time because one day, I hope to have him and another horse in my back yard. That has been my dream all this time.
ComedyDevil: He turned 20 in May. You'd never know it, huh? I've made sure he's had a good life and although I don't ride now, I could never get rid of him. Even though I would love having the extra money. My friend suggested I find him a good home but she just doesn't understand. He's my kid. It's not like I can erase over 19 years of memories. Thanks for the compliments everyone.

EssTer
10-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Val, Flair is just GORGEOS!!! I really love these photos, and especially those videos :) Thanx for letting me know that you posted his pics , in my threade :) I´m not so often here :)really great pics :)

Aspen and Misty
10-21-2004, 05:36 PM
Val - Is he to old to be riden or do you just not ride him?

Ashley

slick
10-21-2004, 06:59 PM
OMG Val, I'm crying with delight. Flair is absolutely beautiful. When I was a child I would always ask my Dad if we could live on a farm so I could have my own horse. Never got there but I can live my dream through Flair videos. Thanks for posting.:)

dukedogsmom
10-21-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
Val - Is he to old to be riden or do you just not ride him?

Ashley
He's not too old. He's got lots of energy and all. I've just kind of gotten out of it because I've gained a lot of weight. Very depressing. I've got to conquer that problem because I miss it. I also got a fractured skull while catching shoplifters so that took away all my riding confidence, even though horseback riding had nothing to do with it. When I do start again, I'll probaby have to start from scratch to get the confidence back. But, I couldn't get rid of him. I would die not knowing how he was doing and if he was safe.
Slick: Thanks so much. Come down and see us!

CathyBogart
10-21-2004, 08:00 PM
He's so stunning.... :) I love seeing new pictures of Flair!

Vermontcat
10-21-2004, 08:31 PM
I just love Flair!:)
That first video of him coming when you call him is just great!
So, if you don't ride him anymore, do you have someone else ride him or what?
If I lived closer to you, I'd be begging to ride him every day!;)