PDA

View Full Version : Comcast makes me crazy!!

gini
10-18-2004, 07:25 PM
I just have to rant a tad about Comcast.

My internet went down Friday night and I called Comcast. The only appointment they had was for Saturday between 1 and 5.
So there went all of Saturday's plans while I wait for the Comcast man.

He arrives - gives me a new modem - everything works just fine!

It worked all Saturday afternoon and then just a bit after 5 down it went again. I call Comcast.........they make me do all of these things........unplug everything - wait 15 seconds - touch the connection to metal..........plug everything back in........doesn't work!

So, I have another appointment for Tuesday...........and now it is serious. I really need email in my business!

I am gone most of Sunday, but when I returned, I could see that all the lights were working on the modem so I raced to turn it on and was given approximately three minutes to download all of my email. It crashed right after that.

It has been down all Sunday evening and all of today...........and mysteriously it just came on again now.

Come on Comcast - all it did was rain a little in California - you can't handle that???

Thanks for listening..........better hurry before it goes out again! Oh, and I forgot to mention that all of the technicians that I talked to were OUT OF THE COUNTRY..........

AmberLee
10-18-2004, 07:46 PM
I haven't heard too much good about Comcast, Gini. {{{hugs}}} You are missed here; I hope you're up and running soon!

BCBlondie
10-18-2004, 10:22 PM
We have had a LOT of problems with Comcast! We've been thinking about switching to someone else...
grrr

boscibo
10-19-2004, 05:57 AM
We have Comcast too...I am surprised you got an appointment so quickly the first time! When I call it always seems like there are no appointments available until a week from when I call.

When we were having problems similar to what you describe, it turned out ot be a problem with the line outside. Where the cable is on the pole (before it goes underground into our house) it was very corroded at the connector. THe tech replaced that, and then gave us a heavy-duty splitter for where it splits from internet to our TV (we had a cheap one there before). Our internet wasn't getting a strong enough signal, that's why it was so intermittant. So have them check the line, too. We switched out two modems before they thought of checking the line, what a waste of time! The modems were fine.

It's been over two years since we got those problems fixed, and Comcast has been great ever since.

Pam
10-19-2004, 06:29 AM
We had some problems over the summer. Internet service would go out for the daytime hours and come back at night. Comcast had no real explanation as to why. It hasn't been a problem for months now, but Saturday morning our internet service and TV was out. I thought 'oh no, here we go again.' It turns out that a neighbor was having their driveway replaced and the workers cut the cable. We were all back up in about 3 hrs.

gini
10-19-2004, 11:03 PM
I am back online for I am sure - the briefest of time.

Sunday it came on for exactly three minutes................

Monday afternoon it came on for one hour and a half.

It has been out until just now and I saw all of the lights on the modem and raced to get my email...............

I had a confirmed appointment for today. No one showed up.
I called and they said ......oh, your appointment is for tomorrow.

No it WASN'T......Now they are coming between 8 and 10 so they say.

What I heard is that because the lines were put in by another company way back when.......media one maybe......and then it became attbi...........and now Comcast. The lines are old and they aren't maintaining them. I had the same problem a few years back, had technicians over here all of the time and FINALLY it occurred to someone to go up the pole. Happily he did that before I ran him up myself:D :D

Thanks for listening to my troubles, it is at least comfort to know that others have the same problems.

Seems to me that they get their billing right.................and on time!:rolleyes:

gini
10-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Soooo, the answer is that I didn't have enough power coming through the cable to keep my internet on full time.

They put in a whole new system of cables with the addition of an electrical power boost.

He also said that within the first six months of 2005 - all of the old cable boxes for tv's will be obsolete and I must go digital.

Thanks, Comcast, I am now back up to speed!

slick
10-20-2004, 05:03 PM
So, were the guys cute??? ;) :D