PDA

View Full Version : A Story that will worm your heart

cookieluver7
10-18-2004, 05:59 PM
For all you animal lovers out there, here's a story that will warm your heart. Meet Speedy, http://www.members.shaw.ca/
he's a 3-year- old bunny and this is the story on how I got him. "Hop" you enjoy! It's a boy!!! My parent's friends had a rabbit that just had babies. He was such a cutie. He could fit into the palm of my hands. I was so excited that I cried. He was such a beautiful little bunny and I was going to take him home! I knew right from the start what his name would be. Speedy... aren't bunnies supposed to be fast? Well, any ways, back to the story. He was brought home in a box. I took him out of the box and started to talk to him. I told him all of my secrets, how old I was, how school was, one time I even tried teaching him what went on at school. I bet that bunny knew me inside and out. Every day after school, I would go outside and talk to my bunny. I told him if I had a good day, or a bad day, and what happened. I doubt he understood what I was saying, but at the time, I figured he was listening. This kept going on and before I knew it, It was Semptember 10, my bunny was 1. I celebrated a his birthday by inviting his "god parents" to come over to my place and play with him. His birthday present was a bag of treats and let me tell you he loved them. (Thanks Kelsey and Jake for the present! It was very thoughtful of you.) It was also a gift to have visiters. A couple of days after the party, I had taken Speedy out of his cage and I went inside because I had to go to the restroom. I should have had my dad come out and watch him for a minute, but I trusted him and left him on his own. When I came out, he wasn't there any more. He had ran away. My bunny had ran away. I ran in the house with my eyes filled with tears shouting to my family that he was gone, that he had ran away. My family had loved Speedy just as much as I had, so they dropped what they were doing to help look. Speedy's god parents were even on there way to help look. We asked neighbors and friends, but nobody had seen him. I was about ready to make flyers when I heard my dad yelling at my bunny. Like every good parent would do when their child or pet ran away, I grounded him. He was grounded for a week, but then I did my normal routine of talking to him again. I told him I was sorry for yelling at him, but I did it only because I loved him.
I could go into every little detail, but then this story would take days maybe hours to read, so I'll finish it up. In a blink of an eye, two more years had passed. Speedy is now three. He is a very good rabbit. Sadly, he is not a bunny any more. As the years passed I still have went to his cage and talked to him. I have grown up more so it wasn't every day I talked to him, but I make it a long talk once a week. I feed him and pet him a little every day. I tell him how good he's been over the years so he knows he is loved. We've been through good times and bad together and I hope we will live atleast 4 - maybe more- years together. (rabbits live to be about 7 years)
I hope this story will warm your heart. It is all about my best friend Speedy and he came about. I love him and I always will. Please tell me if you enjoyed this story, and why or why not. Thanks for reading this. Speedy loves being talked about. Well, it's time for me to go out and talk to him! Bye!

Karen
10-18-2004, 06:37 PM
Pssst - please repost in a new thread so you can fix the thread title - it should be warm not worm!!!! Very different meaning there!

tatsxxx11
10-18-2004, 07:15 PM
That is a very sweet, very heartwarming story of bunny love; and so well written too! You sound like a very special furmom and Speedy is so lucky to have you there to care for him and love him! I'm so happy that the story had a happy ending! I guess by now you know, bunnies ARE "speedy!";) Give your baby a hug for me. I hope you two have many more happy years together:) Sandra

cookieluver7
10-19-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by cookieluver7
http://www.members.shaw.ca/ It's a boy!!! My parent's friends had a rabbit that just had babies. He was such a cutie. He could fit into the palm of my hands. I was so excited that I cried. He was such a beautiful little bunny and I was going to take him home! I knew right from the start what his name would be. Speedy... aren't bunnies supposed to be fast? Well, any ways, back to the story. He was brought home in a box. I took him out of the box and started to talk to him. I told him all of my secrets, how old I was, how school was, one time I even tried teaching him what went on at school. I bet that bunny knew me inside and out. Every day after school, I would go outside and talk to my bunny. I told him if I had a good day, or a bad day, and what happened. I doubt he understood what I was saying, but at the time, I figured he was listening. This kept going on and before I knew it, It was Semptember 10, my bunny was 1. I celebrated a his birthday by inviting his "god parents" to come over to my place and play with him. His birthday present was a bag of treats and let me tell you he loved them. (Thanks Kelsey and Jake for the present! It was very thoughtful of you.) It was also a gift to have visiters. A couple of days after the party, I had taken Speedy out of his cage and I went inside because I had to go to the restroom. I should have had my dad come out and watch him for a minute, but I trusted him and left him on his own. When I came out, he wasn't there any more. He had ran away. My bunny had ran away. I ran in the house with my eyes filled with tears shouting to my family that he was gone, that he had ran away. My family had loved Speedy just as much as I had, so they dropped what they were doing to help look. Speedy's god parents were even on there way to help look. We asked neighbors and friends, but nobody had seen him. I was about ready to make flyers when I heard my dad yelling at my bunny. Like every good parent would do when their child or pet ran away, I grounded him. He was grounded for a week, but then I did my normal routine of talking to him again. I told him I was sorry for yelling at him, but I did it only because I loved him. In a blink of an eye, two more years had passed. Speedy is now three. He is a very good rabbit. Sadly, he is not a bunny any more. As the years passed I still have went to his cage and talked to him. I have grown up more so it wasn't every day I talked to him, but I make it a long talk once a week. I feed him and pet him a little every day. I tell him how good he's been over the years so he knows he is loved. We've been through good times and bad together and I hope we will live atleast 4 - maybe more- years together. (rabbits live to be about 7 years)

sirrahved
10-19-2004, 08:46 PM
consider my heart wormed:)