PDA

View Full Version : The Tour

Edwina's Secretary
10-18-2004, 05:29 PM
I am now a resident (or at least a registered voter) of California. We moved last week. There are still some discussions ongoing about where some things will be hung, etc. but here's the tour!

New House (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2942025093&idx=0)

Nomilynn
10-18-2004, 05:38 PM
the link isn't working for me :( I want to see!!

Cinder & Smoke
10-18-2004, 05:39 PM
W:cool:W!!

The E's are gonna need a MAP to not get lost in the New House!!

And try THIS *Link* to See the PALACE -
(lil "extra" htp// in what Sara posted :p

The E's NEW HOUWZE (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2942025093&idx=0)

:)

AmberLee
10-18-2004, 05:49 PM
WOW is right. Lovely home, and I can't believe how 'settled' you've gotten in less than a month. You are a marvel, Sarah!!!

Nomilynn
10-18-2004, 06:06 PM
Gorgeous home!

Miss Meow
10-18-2004, 07:05 PM
Imagestation is blocked from work so I must have a look tonight. Can't wait!

wolflady
10-18-2004, 07:13 PM
WOW! :eek: What a beautiful home! :D Welcome to California! I really hope you like it. How did the E's take the move? I'm sure they are having fun exploring the new digs. I just love the round window!
So, when can you come up to San Jose and help me with interior decorating! ;) LOL :D

**hugs**

Kona & Oreo's mom
10-18-2004, 07:47 PM
Your home is beautiful! Congratulations on getting settled so quickly, and welcome to CA!

joycenalex
10-18-2004, 09:05 PM
you did all of that in a week!!!!!!! wowsa!!!
dang!!! i'm almost speechless

Logan
10-18-2004, 09:24 PM
I think it looks lovely! :) You have put me to shame! We have been in this house for almost two years now and I'm still not ready to share pictures!!! LOL!!!! :o

NoahsMommy
10-19-2004, 12:18 AM
I agree with the others, Sara. That house is lovely!

Can I come use your shower? I want to shower in the forest. :)

Beautiful!!

popcornbird
10-19-2004, 12:32 AM
BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love your home! Its just lovely.....and looks SO Californian btw.

As to the *would be nice if there was a door* bathroom, most newer homes in CA don't have a door for the master bathroom, for some reason. :p Our master bathroom too, has an arch for the enterance and no door. Looks fancy, but I would rather have a door. We just lock the whole room off when we take a shower there, and the toilet has a door, so its not a problem unless you need a shower. :p

Congrats on your new house. It looks just as lovely as your Chicago home!

jenfer
10-19-2004, 01:02 AM
i love your home!!!!!!!!!!!! so nice. :)

lynnestankard
10-19-2004, 05:08 AM
Beautiful new home Sara. I'm amazed how quickly you've got the place organised. It's so open and airy - gorgeous!
Wishing you, Don and the E's many Happy Years there xxx

Lynne

Pam
10-19-2004, 05:53 AM
You are one organized lady! Your new home already has your "homey" touches in place and looks like you have lived there for years. Much happiness to you in California. :)

ramanth
10-19-2004, 08:23 AM
Your new home is gorgeous! Thanks for the tour. :D

catnapper
10-19-2004, 08:50 AM
Wow... gorgeous in only a week! Have you learned to slow down time to suit your decorating needs? :D

BCBlondie
10-19-2004, 10:13 AM
Wow!!! :eek: Beautiful!!! :D
I hope you will like living in California. :)

Killearn Kitties
10-19-2004, 11:52 AM
Absolutely beautiful! It looks as is you have been there for years!

GoldenRetrLuver
10-19-2004, 01:09 PM
Beautiful house!

Welcome to Cali! :)

Randi
10-19-2004, 02:16 PM
Sara, I know how felt about moving to LA, but this house is simply gorgeous, and you have already put your personal touch on it - I still want to come and visit! In fact, I've picked the bed I want. ;) Now, lets check the flight scedules ..... :D

I see the E's have started exploring, I'm sure it's so exiting for them, and now, they have a common mission! I'm anxious to see them snuggle somewhere and to see them in the garden too. :cool: - is it still sunny?

Sara, I hope you, Don and the E's will be very happy there!! :) :D

Miss Meow
10-19-2004, 04:52 PM
I had a peek from home last night and it's absolutely gorgeous :) So light and airy and I love the white shutters on the windows.

slick
10-19-2004, 09:55 PM
Sara: so glad the move went well and that the E's are somewhat feeling at home now.

That's one beautiful abode you've got there.

Looking forward to seeing you again next July.

Cataholic
10-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Sara, it is beautiful. I do have some questions..he he he.

First, did the gardner use a level on those bushes or what?
Second, does that oval window make the Ees nervous? Does it lead to curved bellies, if they lay down up there?
Third, do the Ees sleep in the twin bed room? If so, in the same bed?
Four, how are they acclimating to the climate(though AC feels like AC, right?).
Fifth(have I got nothing else to do, or what?)Have the Ees explored the out of doors yet?
Six, did you bring Shirley with you? Or, at least leave instructions with someone to feed her?
Seven, details, woman, details......anyone bring you cookies yet? I would...if I lived 2500 miles closer, that is.

Freckles
10-20-2004, 01:03 PM
Jo, I'll answer ?six.:)
Shirley (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58123&highlight=Shirley)

Cataholic
10-20-2004, 01:21 PM
WAH!!!!! Thank you, Freckles. That is absolutely great news. Now, Sara, get on with the other ones....he he he

popcornbird
10-20-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic

Four, how are they acclimating to the climate(though AC feels like AC, right?).

He he........we don't really need AC in October, so unless Sara really likes to FREEZE....I bet the E's are experiencing the nice and cool cloudy/rainy weather right now (through the windows, or in the garden...maybe). ;)

I think the California PT'ers should all have a big *Welcome to CA* party for Sara, complete with cookies, cakes, and all sorts of other treats. ;)

Sara......I want to see more pics of your garden. :D How big is it?

Rachel
10-20-2004, 02:41 PM
The secret is out, although I doubt it was much of a secret to begin with. Edwina's Secretary is a perfectionist and her new home is picture perfect within weeks! Most of us would still be living out of boxes and not have a clue as to where the pictures should be hung.

I doubt that you'll miss the Windy City winters. I can give you a blow by blow of the weather just to remind you of what you're missing in case you get too nostolgic. The new home is just lovely, but I don't think any house could compare to your Chicago digs. I know the E's will be content as long as they have you to care and love them.

Thanks for having us over so quickly!

Edwina's Secretary
10-20-2004, 04:16 PM
Johanna....

I brought my electric hedge trimmers with me just itching to trim those hedges....I don't do round well but I'm good at straight! Really, I'm not sure how it is done but I intend to learn!

The E's only sleep on the same bed when the bed is larger than a twin. They need their space....:rolleyes:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid143/paa9542dac0de3b2c40f2153a1ca92fce/f6948c60.jpg
They are trying out all sorts of spots....

Do you remember the song about "It never rains in California, girl don't they warn 'ya." It is NOT true. It has been pouring rain for 5 days straight now....limits us going in the yard! But PCB is right. A/C isn't a big thing here. People running around in jackets...:confused: :confused: It's ONLY 70???

The neighbors have been very welcoming....one brought over homemade apple dumplings!!!

And Rachel....I like winter and will LOVE hearing about every snowflake!

Kona & Oreo's mom
10-20-2004, 04:32 PM
Isn't this rain something? The really big storm just made it down here to San Diego, and my pool is 1 inch from overflowing! Did you bring all this "weather" with you from Chicago? ;)

Cincy'sMom
10-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Logan
I think it looks lovely! :) You have put me to shame! We have been in this house for almost two years now and I'm still not ready to share pictures!!! LOL!!!! :o

Ralph's been here 5, and I've been here 4...I'm STILL not ready!!

Gorgeous house!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-24-2004, 01:23 AM
What a fantastic house Sara! After such a short time you have already infused it with your wonderful style and personality! Thanks for the tour!

popcornbird
10-24-2004, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

Do you remember the song about "It never rains in California, girl don't they warn 'ya." It is NOT true. It has been pouring rain for 5 days straight now....limits us going in the yard! But PCB is right. A/C isn't a big thing here. People running around in jackets...:confused: :confused: It's ONLY 70???

And..........the *myth* about California being such a hot place is just as false. ;) It isn't....he he he. Our summer's are a lot milder than summers in most other states. We don't have much humidity. The rest of the year is mild. Its not a hot, hot state where you need AC all the time! LOL! Just hot sometimes.....in the summer. ;)

We need our jackets right now. ;) Its cold! He he he! It does rain here, but California *is* mostly sunny year round. The rain just HAD to come with you from Chicago. :p

DogLover9501
10-24-2004, 03:20 AM
W:eek:W--Beautiful!

AmberLee
10-24-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
And..........the *myth* about California being such a hot place is just as false. ;) It isn't....he he he. ...

It depends on where you are. There's a lot of diversity in California...

And, yes, I agree with the earlier poster who applauds your tremendous flair and style, S! Well done, you!

manda_moo87
10-24-2004, 11:59 PM
That is one beeaaauuutiful home! :D