PDA

View Full Version : Not a good start to the week.

Glacier
10-18-2004, 12:28 PM
This is not a good way to start to the week....When I went to get Goldie this morning, I discovered that she had managed to slip out of her e-collar sometime during the night. The drain under her front leg was partially removed. The bottom of it was still in place, but she had managed to remove the top stitch and pull out part of the tube!! AARRGH!!! At least she left the one in her stomach alone. So she's back at the vet this morning and again, Dr. Kim, will squeeze her in as soon as he can. I hope he doesn't have to knock her out again. The tech who looked at her when I dropped her off thought they would be able to put it back in fairly easily, providing Goldie doesn't freak out. She's not prone to that kind of behavior, but she's never been injured before either!

Oh, and as an added bonus, Preacher has an eye infection. His right eye is all weepy and swollen. A blind dog with an eye infection, lovely! So he's going in for a vet check soon too.

Excuse me while I scream............ARGH!!!!

bckrazy
10-18-2004, 12:38 PM
wow, Glacier, I feel really sorry for you :(.. doesn't sound like a lot of fun!! But atleast your doing good on checking your dogs and being responsible about it all... I have trouble keeping up with my one dog.

:eek: nawty Goldie! hopefully she can have it repaired without anesthesia.. what a hassle..

cloverfdx
10-18-2004, 12:53 PM
Oh no, i will keep both Goldie and Preacher in my thoughts and prayers.

pitc9
10-18-2004, 01:10 PM
Oh No Goldie!!

Glacier, I hope everything goes well, and she lets the vet do what needs to be done without trouble!!

Keep us posted!