PDA

View Full Version : RIP Miss Lacie :(:(:(

moosmom
10-18-2004, 11:52 AM
I got up this morning to go to work at 5 a.m. I went to bring Miss Lacie (aka Pinkie) her breakfast and found her lifeless body on the window perch. :(:(:(:(:( She must've passed away sometime during the night. I gave her a kiss and told her I loved her before I went to bed.

I am SO devastated over this! I was making such progress with her with the baby gates (I think LilEli liked her cuz he would just sit near the gate and stare at her).

I called the Shelter and told the ACO. I'm brought her body there and they'll cremate her. :(:(:(

I couldn't go to work I was crying so hard.

RIP my sweet girl. I loved you SO much for such a short time. Godspeed to the RB. Give RB Casey and RB Marina Mar hugs from Meowmie and tell them I love them.

Karen
10-18-2004, 12:04 PM
Dear sweet Miss Lacie died the best possible way: In a home where she was looooved, on a window perch where hse was comfy, and died after going to sleep wityh a goodnight kiss on her mind.

We should all be so lucky, in a way.

Pad your soft feet over to my Great Uncle Mac there at the Rainbow Bridge, Miss Lacie. He loved kitties when he was here on Earth, and I am sure would give you some loving strokes and get you acquainted with the Rainbow Bridge residents who're already there.

jazzcat
10-18-2004, 12:11 PM
Oh Donna I'm so sorry. What a shock. I know she was older but it's still a shock. At least she had your love and the warm and comfort of your home in her last days. Karen is right, she went the best possible way, peaceful and content knowing she was loved.

Rest in Peace sweet Lacie. You will be missed.

smokey the elder
10-18-2004, 01:04 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry! Thank you for making her last days comfortable and loved.

kuhio98
10-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. :(
Miss Lacy, my grandma loved kitties and she has a lap big enough for one more. Until you're reunited with your mommy, she'll take good care of you.

AmberLee
10-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Yow! What a shock. I'm so glad she knew the comfort of a loving home at the end. {{{Donna}}} -- for bringing her love.

Frolic joyously at the Bridge, sweet girl.

Laura's Babies
10-18-2004, 02:19 PM
So sorry for your loss but find comfort in that she knew she was loved... So many don't...

Grace
10-18-2004, 03:33 PM
I'm so very sorry, Donna. My thoughts are the same as those before me - she was loved and she knew it. You made her last days so very special.

kt_luvs_kitties
10-18-2004, 05:25 PM
I wish she could have shared more time with you, but like the others said, she left to the RB KNOWING that there was hope for her, that someone could and DID love her, and maybe that was what she needed to know that her life was finally complete ... that a loving soul (you) was willing to take her in and make her WHOLE life WORTH it. That was what she needed before she left. Again I am so sorry for you and your families loss. Take comfort in knowing that you were the one who completed her life. And was what made her such a special kitty to MANY other people. *HUGS* to you. :(

leslie
10-18-2004, 11:22 PM
Lacie had a long life and I am glad the last stop for her was with you. She got the best loving, so much better than a cage in a shelter.... I am sure when you kissed her on the head and said I love you, she said it right back.

kimlovescats
10-19-2004, 12:13 AM
(((Hugs))) Donna. Thank you for showing her love!

captain
10-19-2004, 01:29 AM
Donna,
At least she knew love and happiness in your home ....... {{hugs}}

lynnestankard
10-19-2004, 07:19 AM
Donna (((Hugs))) I'm so sorry. You made her so loved and comfortable - and she went warm, happy and loved. What more can I say - tears are dribbling down me and I really feel for you.

RIP dearest Miss Lacie - a new star to shine in the heavens tonight.

Lynne

Joannie
10-19-2004, 07:35 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss but take comfort knowing the position you found her in shows she just went to sleep peacefully in her favorite spot surrounded by people she loved and who loved her. RIP Joannie:( :( :(

QueenScoopalot
10-19-2004, 02:03 PM
I'm sorry you lost Lacie so soon after you got her settled into your life. She had it good the short time she lived with you, and remember that. She passed away happy, well fed, and warm unlike too many others. And I'm sure she went quickly and didn't suffer.

slick
10-19-2004, 09:58 PM
Donna: I know we don't know each other very well but I'm sending big {{{HUGS}}} to you on this day. It must have been so hard to find Lacie. Since my Speckles is 17, I've often dreamed that I would wake up and find that she'd crossed over.

RIP sweet Lacie. You were very much loved by a very special hooman.

manda_moo87
10-19-2004, 11:47 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about beautiful Miss Lacie. RIP sweetie. :(

jenluckenbach
10-20-2004, 05:28 AM
I am so sorry for your loss :(:( But you can be sure that she went out of this world as a much loved kitty, with a full tummy, and the warmth of a real home. She is probably at the rainbow bridge BRAGGING about HER mommy and the great home she had. {{{{HUGS}}}

catlady1945
10-20-2004, 07:02 AM
How sad, but you were able to give her a nice home in her golden years.

Logan
10-20-2004, 07:37 AM
Oh Donna, I'm so sorry about Lacie. :( But I, too, am grateful that you made your home, her home, and she was loved right up until the end.

rg_girlca
10-20-2004, 05:04 PM
Oh Donna, I am so, so sorry about Lacie, but bless you for taking her in and giving her the care and love that she was so derserving of, to go onto the RB in peace.

May the short time you had with her, hold special memories for you.

Rest in Peace sweet Lacie.

catmandu
10-21-2004, 09:37 AM
Poor Little Lacie! The Found Cat Angels,are waiting,for you,and have your wings ready,and a dinner,in your honor! You,are miised,by your Guardains,and she,miises you,as well.

shais_mom
10-23-2004, 03:51 PM
oh Donna
I am so sorry to come into this late....
She knew unconditional love in her short time with you.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

trayi52
10-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Sorry to hear this Donna, Sending lot of {{{{Hugz}}}} to you. At least she went knowing you loved her, and she had a good warm loving home with you.

Willie:(

krazyaboutkatz
10-25-2004, 10:59 PM
Donna, I'm so sorry to hear about Lacie.:( At least she new what a loving forever home was like before she passed on. RIP sweet Lacie.{{{HUGS}}}

rosethecopycat
10-26-2004, 08:48 AM
Sounds like Miss Lacie knew that she had to make her way to you before she could go peacefully on.

Thank you for being there for her.

Godspeed to the bridge, Miss Lacie

Tonya
11-02-2004, 09:33 AM
Donna, I am so sorry to hear about this. Rest in peace, Lacie. You have had a tough time lately. I'll pray that things getting better for you. (((hugs)))