PDA

View Full Version : Breed Banning.....SO BAD!!!

RottiMommy49
10-17-2004, 09:40 PM
Do you think that banning potentially violent dogs is the answer???

I don't.....where will it end once it starts. What breed is next to be banned?

Why not making the owners responsible for their dogs?
I know my dogs are capable of doing damage to another animal or human so I take every measure to see that they don't. I have been chased by tiny dogs, never by a large dog. Things are getting crazy here due to all the media attention that large breed dogs are getting. I had a lady run out of my vets because she said Monty was viscious. Others would not come in the office after seeing a rotti in there. I feel like a criminal for loving rotti's. All big dogs can cause severe damage if left loose to wander the neighborhood but lets face it more large dogs are abused, and mistreatred by man than there are humans attacked by dogs. More people hurt or kill each other than animals do...., I can't turn on the news without hearing that someone was killed by a drunk driver, or someone was shot or stabbed to death. What is wrong with these people that run our country or at least each province. How do we fight back to stop this insanity. I sure don't want my dogs put on the banned breed chopping block next...do you?
We need to stop this now. lets make the human responsible for the dogs actions. This is just my thought's after my husband just read me another article on pitbull banning in Ontario. I had to vent my opinion......thanks for being here for me to do it.

Deb:)

Kfamr
10-17-2004, 09:44 PM
I despise breedism and breed banning.

I've seen more agressive goldens, labs, and smaller dogs than I ever have seen a Pit Bull, Rottie, Dobie, etc. In fact, I've NEVER ever met an agressive dog of those breeds.

It' all how you raise them, just like you were to raise a child.

That's all I can say before getting too PO'ed :P

My favorite breed, btw, is the Pit Bull and will ALWAYS be no matter what some ignorant @$$ has to say.

dogs_4_me
10-17-2004, 09:49 PM
I can't stand breed banning:mad: Pit Bull's can be mean, but there no different then every other breed.

Personally I think how you raise them is part of why they can be mean, but then again, Moco was raised just fine and he can be mean towards other dogs and small kids.

RottiMommy49
10-17-2004, 09:54 PM
I totally agree with you and I'm so POED right now too!!!!!!!!!

I have no fear of large breed dogs because I have never had a bad experience myself. However some people just don't think, they just react out of ignorance. Like the lady who ran out yelling at me. They think all big dogs are bad. We know better thank God but how do we fight this banning before it gets worse?

We need to help the animals before they are all put down. Our local shelter is full of pitbuls right now. I have never seen so many in one place and they will likely be put down as soon as this law is passed. How sad!!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Dogs are smarter than a lot of human beings and have so much love to give to anyone who is kind. How sad.........:( :( :(

Hugs ((((Deb, Monty & Kiki))))
Lets Save our furkids:)

Kfamr
10-17-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by RottiMommy49
Our local shelter is full of pitbuls right now.

Same here :( There'a always tons of Pit Bulls at our shelter, and each and everyone of them is a sweet as pie.

But, in a way i'm glad they're there instead of being in the wrong hands.

I remember seeing a little dog there once... I think it was a JRT mix. He was barking and going cage at the cage everytime someone passed, just wanting to take a bite out of them. Sadly, I see A LOT of smaller dogs like this (not saying all smaller dogs are) and a majority of the time it's because their owners find it funny to see some little thing barking and baring its teeth.

My cousin's Maltese for example... They think it's funny when someone reaches for my cousin and the dogs goes crazy trying to bite that person.

It's not funny at all.

Pretty soon we'll all be stuck with cats!
:p :p
Although..... i'd looove to have a kitty!;)

cali
10-17-2004, 11:57 PM
I hate breed banning, where will it stop is right, you know in italy their is a hige breed restriction on border collies? they are on the dangerous dog list, and can only be owned by certain people, and must be leashed and muzzled at all times. Corgies are on that list as well..

KYS
10-18-2004, 06:20 PM
I do not agree with breed banning either.
Another thing that ticks me off is Insurance co.
that breed ban.

Aspen and Misty
10-18-2004, 06:31 PM
Breedism is something that anoys me. I forget what year (Was it in 2000?), more Golden Retriever bites were reported then bites by the "dangerouse" breeds. Why not bane Goldens? :rolleyes:

Personally I think this is in-sane, and would NEVER live in a town or city that did this.

As more and more cities ban breeds I have to wonder what this world is coming to.

Ashley