PDA

View Full Version : EMERGENCY! Can you help Sandler?

kuhio98
10-17-2004, 08:06 PM
http://www.imom.org/pin/gf/sandler_peterson.htm

Diagnosis: fractured scapula, needs surgery to install plates/pins for repair.
Estimated amount needed: $1500 - $1800. IMOM has pledged $300 from emergency funds. We need to raise $1200 - $1500 in 2 days
Case worker: Jacki

October 17, 2004

Sandler was attacked by another dog in the house and sustained life-threatening injuries, including damage to his larynx, trachea, bite wounds and bruising to his entire head area and eyes. He spent two days in ICU and they were able to save the eye but it is blind and we don't yet know if sight will be restored. His right front shoulder was broken and he is scheduled for surgery later this week when the swelling goes down. This surgery will require plates and or pins to repair his shoulder.

Sandler was a pet store pup who was turned over to rescue when he was just over a year old. He is two years old now.

He has had his share of medical problems in his young life, to include hernia repair, repair of cherry eyes and corneal ulcer repair.

Comments: Sandler's foster mom has already paid $950 while he was in ICU. She has no money left for his surgery. The rescue has no time to raise funds. Sandler must have this surgery ASAP. It is scheduled for Wednesday (10/20) at MSU

LorraineO
10-18-2004, 04:14 PM
I dont think its right that a Vet doesnt do the needed surgery because the owners cant pay up right away,,, its a sin!!!!!!!!!! Havent they ever heard of payment plans!>????

tatsxxx11
10-18-2004, 06:36 PM
:(:(:( OMG, how horrible. I'll do my best to help out. Are we donating directly to IMOM? I'm glad IMOM can through with some funds. Lots and lots of prayers for poor Sandler. Grrrr, I can't imagine a vet refusing a critically ill dog life saving treatment:(

kuhio98
10-18-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
:(:(:( OMG, how horrible. I'll do my best to help out. Are we donating directly to IMOM? I'm glad IMOM can through with some funds. Lots and lots of prayers for poor Sandler. Grrrr, I can't imagine a vet refusing a critically ill dog life saving treatment:(

iMom is a wonderful organization. You can keep up with Sandler's progress on their Community Forum board: http://p088.ezboard.com/fimomcommunityfrm19

You can donate by paypal, credit card or snail mail. Sandler isn't the only sick baby they are raising funds for.

If you can spare a little, it might help save a life.
No, I don't know Sandler or his people. I've been raising funds through garage sales, etc. for their cause. For some reason Sandler's story really touch me. And I'm a cat person! (Hope you don't hold that against me). :)

Thanks for considering making a donation to this worthy cause.

tatsxxx11
10-18-2004, 07:19 PM
Thanks so much for the update:) I'm very famiilar with IMOM. What a great organziation they are! I'll certainly be checking on Sandler's progress on the forum!

RottiMommy49
10-19-2004, 06:02 AM
Wow I'm very impressed that there are people and organizations to help raise money for pets who need emergency or life saving surgery or medical attention. It's great that IMOM has raised all the money needed to help this poor dog. Praying everything turns out for Sandler.

Doggy Hugs from Monty and Kiki

Deb