PDA

View Full Version : Irresponsible pet owners :(

dogs_4_me
10-17-2004, 06:50 PM
OMG I'm so mad.:mad: I took the Emma and Moco to the park today and another Golden Retriever runs up. The owner says its ok for them all to play so everything is going fine, im holding Moco because he isn't very good with other dogs and all a sudden the other Golden starts snarling:mad: I was so scared I didn't no what to do!!! Poor Emma got bit pretty badly behind the ear. I'm getting so fed up with irresponsible pet owners. I made the effort to hold Moco because I new he wasn't good with other dogs, the least the other owner could do is keep that nasty dog on a leash. Oh and get this the other Golden Owner blames it on Emma:mad:

sorry this is kind of pointless but this isn't the first time this has happened with this dog, all the neighbours stay away from it as well.

manda_moo87
10-17-2004, 06:55 PM
That's horrible! :mad: Poor Emma, is she ok?

dogs_4_me
10-17-2004, 06:56 PM
Yah shes fine, she was pretty scared. I am so mad that guy blamed her though. Emma was been submissive and rolled on her stomach..could that of triggered something?

Mkitty
10-17-2004, 07:03 PM
Well, Emma's stomach is a weak fleshy spot. That might have triggered something. THAT IS SO WRONG! it wasn't Emma's fault! Kinda like what happened with our RB cat Coco. She was killed by our neighbor's husky who isn't trained or cared for. They said dogs were meant to kill cats!!!! Anyways i hope Emma is ok!

LorraineO
10-17-2004, 07:09 PM
Actually,, rolling onto thier backs and showing thier tummies is a sign of submission,,, I dont think it was a trigger to the other dog attacking,,, Most dogs know it is a signal of a lack of interest to fight and an acknowledgement the other dog is Alpha....

the other dog just was in a mood and wanted a fight,,, not a nice doggie,,, owner needs a good talking to,, perhaps presenting them with a vet bill might be in order!!!:mad:

KYS
10-17-2004, 08:42 PM
If the other dog was not on a leash and Emma was,
I would think the other owner should be responsible for
Emma's vet bills. If both were not leashed, but the other
dog is known to be aggressive and has a history?
Not sure what the law would be, but I would think
the other party should pay for the vet bill.

Sending hugs to Emma for her boo boo ear to heal.

dogs_4_me
10-17-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by KYS
If the other dog was not on a leash and Emma was,
I would think the other owner should be responsible for
Emma's vet bills. If both were not leashed, but the other
dog is known to be aggressive and has a history?
Not sure what the law would be, but I would think
the other party should pay for the vet bill.

Sending hugs to Emma for her boo boo ear to heal.

Yes,Emma was on the leash when we met the dog. I didn't know untill I talked to some neighbours that that the dog was known to be pretty mean. Else I would of never let Emma see him. I hope he has to pay for the vet bill.

:(

bckrazy
10-18-2004, 01:45 AM
oh no!! poor Emma! that sounds horrible, I *hate* when people allow their dogs to run up to other peoples dogs in an on-leash area, whether the dogs are friendly or not, you never know.. its not only irresponsible, its totally rude and careless. I would take Emma to the vet, if you haven't already. Get them to give her a cortizone shot, or clean the area atleast, and give that guy the bill - he HAS to pay it. If he does not, you can legally pursue him, and he will be fined for having his dog off-leash on top of that.

This is why I also don't go to the dog park much anymore... people bring dogs there that are alpha and agressive. Last time we went to this really busy park downtown, uggh.... this girl had a HUGE dane x shepherd mix female, who was being a brat to all of the dogs, and Gonzo was completely being friendly and went up to her with his tail wagging to play, and the dog pinned him down and proceded to bite and mouthe him. I had to pull her off of him (she was atleast 120 lbs!), and she tried to bite me. :mad: then, of course, when people came over to ask what happened the dog's owner said "that other dog ran up and growled at her!! she was only defending herself". oh gawd, I hate people like this, that insist they're dogs are angels and refuse to own up to anything. he got 4 punctures, and we made her pay our vet bills and... ugghh.... it just makes me way too mad to even think about it ;) ;) aanyway, I know how you feel, and it's horrible that happened to sweet Emma!! you are totally in the right, and you and your dog deserve payment... hopefully it'll teach the idiot owner a lesson >.<

Cazi
10-18-2004, 01:57 AM
I hate irresponsible dog owners as well. Thanks to one, Amber's personality has changed totally. She was a very confident dog until one day a man was walking his two lurcher dogs off lead. They ran at her and pinned her down to the floor. Thankfully they didnt bite her, but she is no longer any good around other dogs, understandably.

That's the main reason I am taking her to agility; to show her that not all dogs are like that.