PDA

View Full Version : Why are the good ppl sick?

slleipnir
10-17-2004, 11:40 AM
-sigh- I work at a bar every Friday night for trivia, so it's pretty busy. There is a nice couple who comes in every wed. and Friday for the trivia. They're super sweet! The guy is scottish and you can barely understand him :o The lady is english but you can understand her fine. I talk to Lynn a lot. I never knew anything was wrong with her. I found it a little weird she had one small glass of water for the whole night but didn't think much of it...(well it is a bar, most ppl drink other stuff)

Anyway, today mom was telling me about them and how nice they are. They always give stuff to my mom and won't accept money for it. I suggested we should do something for them. She told me that Lynn had cancer and they gave her 2 months to live :( I guess they got it though and it's in remission, thankfully. She's also on dialysis (sp) now or whatever it's called. I guess something happened to her kidney(s) :( Then, to top that off, the ligaments gave out on both her knees so she couldn't/can't walk. The doctors here told her to go home (with the broken knees!!) but her husband drove her off island to get better help. I guess he has to help her a lot, change her dialysis (hook her up) carry her and other stuff. It's sweet he does all that for her. They must love each other so much.

God, it makes me SO sad that such a wonderful lady has all these problems!! She said she never went out much because ppl didn't want anything to do with her cause she was sick. She says she loves it in our bar cause we don't judge her and always make her laugh.

Appearintly she has a labby..so I'm asking my mom to get a picture from her so I can draw it and give it to her as a suprise. I hope I can do a good job. She deserves something nice. If it would make her happy or smile it would make me soo happy. I feel like crying just thinking about all the pain in her life..and I only met her 2 weeks ago!! I'm so weird like that..I hope I can do a nice picture for her..I don't know what else I could do..

sirrahbed
10-17-2004, 11:45 AM
Your idea of a drawing sounds wonderful and I am sure it would give her a smile:) That is sweet of you to think of it!!

Pain happens to all people. It sounds like these lovely people have a great attitude and perhaps that is what touches you. We can all be a light to others - by how we react when something awful happens to us:)

You also show a great deal of compassion by how you react to others who are in pain! Good for you, Audrey.

Amber
10-17-2004, 11:48 AM
Awe, I think a drawing would be a great surprise for her! I'm sure it will make her smile. :)

slleipnir
10-17-2004, 08:34 PM
I hope so

Kfamr
10-17-2004, 08:40 PM
Awwww Audrey! :(
I bet she would love a drawing of her special friend.
They sound like such wonderful people. I wish no body had to get sick, especially with such a horrible thing as cancer. I'll be keeping her in my thoughts. :)

NoahsMommy
10-18-2004, 01:26 AM
While it isn't fair that people get sick, there are people like you who care about them and that make a huge difference.

You are a sweetie to be touched by her. I think that anything you do to make her feel loved, will give her more than you'll ever imagine.

:)