PDA

View Full Version : I'm so Excited!

chrissycat21
10-17-2004, 08:41 AM
I might get Tiki after all! (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, see the following thread

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60171&highlight=I+fell+in+love )

I went to Petsmart for the fourth or fifth time to see him last night. My mom and I were able to take him out. I think I might actually get him...He is really expensive but I'm willing to pay half the cost (its all I have lol!). I'm just really hoping things will work out! For the last three weeks all I've done is research, research, research on Conures. I really think that he would be the right bird for me, I just love his personality! When I took him out he was interested in everything, especially the shiny snap on my shirt! The lady who took him out for us said that he is her favorite Conure that they have had here, his personality is the best, and that she tries to take him out every day to get him used to people, etc. She knew a lot about him and general conure information. When we tried to get him back into the cage, he ran from my arm to my back and hid under my hair. He refused to go in!

I really hope I get him, I know what a big commitment it is (They can live up to or over 30 years) I know that my whole family has fallen in love with him, and I just have to wait and see, I guess.

:) :D :)

animal_rescue
10-17-2004, 12:11 PM
woohoo! congrats I hope you get him!:D

flamepony12
10-17-2004, 12:41 PM
congratulations! any possible pics? :p

manda_moo87
10-17-2004, 12:52 PM
That's great Chrissy! :) Keep us posted.

chrissycat21
10-17-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by flamepony12
congratulations! any possible pics? :p

I wish! I don't think I'm allowed to bring the camera in the store. But I'll post a pic of a conure that looks like him....

http://www.giveusahome.co.uk/allpets/birds/jendayconure.jpg

manda_moo87
10-17-2004, 06:00 PM
Aw! What a beautiful bird, such stunning colors!

chrissycat21
10-25-2004, 07:37 PM
My parents finally said yes. When we got there to buy him, he was gone.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

dogs_4_me
10-25-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by chrissycat21
My parents finally said yes. When we got there to buy him, he was gone.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Oh thats to bad.

The right animal will come along, and as much as you felt he was the right one I guess he wasn't. Thats really to bad though:(